Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6140 6141 [6142] 6143 6144 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456224 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92115 on: December 16, 2015, 08:13:58 pm »

Some friends had their graduation thing (commencement? whatever you get when you get your bachelors degree) today. The music that played during the ceremony was the ocarina of time. Someone crafty and geeky organized it all.

Also as I came back frome the somewhat party with said friends I found my mom studying for her magistrate thing tommorrow, then we had a nice chat about random stuff. I don't usually have nice chats with her.

I'm drunk, I can't process all these things right now :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92116 on: December 16, 2015, 08:28:59 pm »

Hrm. Actually looks like stopping it entirely puts it behind (ahead of?) reality. Quick check shows that death by alcohol exposure is actually a thing for cats, and can apparently happen just because of being doused in the stuff, nevermind straight up normally ingesting any of it.
When you do douse a cat in stuff, they would try lick themselves clean.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92117 on: December 16, 2015, 08:33:16 pm »

I think the issue is that a cat shouldn't be doused in alcohol from being in a pub, but the game doesn't much differentiate between what constitutes a covering. That's why Toady just reduced the effect of syndromes ingested from the cleaning reaction.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92119 on: December 16, 2015, 09:10:41 pm »

it's really the same situation as draven, reddit and tumblr brigading

except undertale people actually care

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92120 on: December 16, 2015, 09:12:38 pm »

Theres only so much you can do about OoT outside of pointing out amusing speedrun hax, too.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92121 on: December 16, 2015, 10:19:51 pm »

Theres only so much you can do about OoT outside of pointing out amusing speedrun hax, too.
yeah but those get pretty great
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92122 on: December 16, 2015, 10:37:21 pm »

yeah but those get pretty great
I just finished watching that, and then it shows up here. Huh.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #92123 on: December 17, 2015, 01:19:14 am »

i was looking for something in the vein of Let's Break Final Fantasy VI once and that's probably the closest thing i ever found
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92124 on: December 17, 2015, 02:15:36 am »

feEL tHe lOVe ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiL158fhU-A

Gotta love shitty mods for old games.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #92125 on: December 17, 2015, 02:59:33 am »

The newest puppy acts like an ambulatory teddy bear. O_o Current speculation is that he's not actually six weeks old yet, which is a little worrying.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #92126 on: December 17, 2015, 05:10:42 am »

I thought people were just voting for Undertale because it causes a great deal of salt on the gamefaqs forums.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92127 on: December 17, 2015, 05:16:28 am »

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #92128 on: December 17, 2015, 06:29:53 am »

A judge decided to suspend whatsapp across the whole damn country for 48 hours. The reason is "classified", but journalists are speculating that a request to break an user's privacy was denied and this is a form of retaliation.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92129 on: December 17, 2015, 06:37:48 am »

A judge decided to suspend whatsapp across the whole damn country for 48 hours. The reason is "classified", but journalists are speculating that a request to break an user's privacy was denied and this is a form of retaliation.
WTFFFFFFF.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 6140 6141 [6142] 6143 6144 ... 11040