Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6134 6135 [6136] 6137 6138 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460553 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92025 on: December 15, 2015, 05:51:05 pm »

Mood swings kicking up again. This one's hit me the hardest since they started about 6-7 months ago. Amazing how fast, just seconds, I can go from a crippling depression that makes me want to slam my head into a wall, to a violent rage that makes me want slam my fist through it, along with the accompanying adrenaline surge that makes me think I can, or at least break several bones in my hand trying. And then back again.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92026 on: December 15, 2015, 05:54:40 pm »

It might help to know that Metamucil isn't a laxative. It's basically fiber. I don't know if that would help with diarrhea, but I can't imagine it would make it worse.

(You don't normally need to take anything for diarrhea anyways, other than drinking plenty of fluids, etc - it's only dangerous if you lack modern sanitation, clean running water, etc)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92027 on: December 15, 2015, 05:55:37 pm »

Mood swings kicking up again. This one's hit me the hardest since they started about 6-7 months ago. Amazing how fast, just seconds, I can go from a crippling depression that makes me want to slam my head into a wall, to a violent rage that makes me want slam my fist through it, along with the accompanying adrenaline surge that makes me think I can, or at least break several bones in my hand trying. And then back again.

Mmmm I am right there with you.

>_< doesn't help that Christmas always makes me go crazy... I actually have yet to have a Christmas in 10 years that didn't cause me to have a mental breakdown at least once.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #92028 on: December 15, 2015, 05:56:18 pm »

Why is it that when I see a cat getting run over by a lawnmower, I instantly think of Katia Managan?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92029 on: December 15, 2015, 05:58:06 pm »

With a Standard American Accent, Uranus sounds like either "ur anus" or, if you try to avoid that, "urine us." There's really no escape.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92030 on: December 15, 2015, 05:58:27 pm »

Why is it that when I see a cat getting run over by a lawnmower, I instantly think of Katia Managan?

Hmm... so a "cat" has been run over... and you think of good ole Kat

No connection.

With a Standard American Accent, Uranus sounds like either "ur anus" or, if you try to avoid that, "urine us." There's really no escape.

Fair enough. All I could say at this point is "No your wrong!" without repeating things.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92031 on: December 15, 2015, 05:59:56 pm »

...do you see this often?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92032 on: December 15, 2015, 06:02:31 pm »

...do you see this often?
Depends on the weather. Who mows their lawn in the winter?

Hmm... so a "cat" has been run over... and you think of good ole Kat

No connection.
I see your point. And it is a decent metaphor for her life...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92033 on: December 15, 2015, 06:09:24 pm »

How does a cat get run over by a lawn mower? I know they can squeeze into small places but mowers have maybe a few cm of ground clearance, not really enough for a cat to slip under without noticing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92034 on: December 15, 2015, 06:11:16 pm »

Maybe it's a nest of kittens or something?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92035 on: December 15, 2015, 06:11:24 pm »

Just as a warning, Firefox 43 has fucked with the url bar a bit.
Though don't worry... "ctrl-l un down enter" will still bring you to http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?action=unreadreplies if you're anything like me.
They just changed it so that the default useless thing that happens if you don't press down, is now a preselected item on the list.

Which, is so weird come to think of it.  If I type un and press enter, it takes me to unknownworlds (or united.com on another computer).  It assumes I'm typing an address from the beginning and helpfully autocompletes.  That's... cool...

But the *list* below uses a different, far more useful search algorithm.  The above is practically obsolete.  If I want to go to NC State Employees Credit Union (ncsecu.org), I can type "credit" or "union" and press down.  The autocomplete in the URL bar has no idea what I"m trying to do unless I start typing ncsecu instead.  It's... not technically 100% useless, but practically.

But now they've taken that practically useless entry, which uses a completely different criteria, and made it visibly the first result in the list of useful results.  I mean... WHAT?  This thing is not like the others!  It doesn't belong!

Again, I am thankful that the keypresses necessary haven't actually changed.  It's just ugly and brings attention to the fact that it probably shouldn't even be there in the first place.  And there's seemingly no way to fix it, yet...  Hopefully the Classic Theme Restorer add-on will get an update soon.

Agh, why!?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92036 on: December 15, 2015, 06:15:59 pm »

Unrelated to my prior post, but does anyone remember Nexon, whose games include MapleStory, Mabinogi, and Combat Arms? Well, the latter one is just some Counter-Strike clone, though last I played some years ago, there was a game mode that pit you against(sometimes a team playing as) zombies. But just now I see a game on Steam called Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies, published last October. And yes, it's from Nexon.

I guess they finally lost their goddamned minds. I distinctly remember CA's graphics being better than CSN:Z's, though some of the screenshots of it very definitely use CA's resources - one definitely looks like a rooftop map I enjoyed shooting rockets at the very obvious tower(pissing off the sniper that always camped there, often because I killed him by blowing up his mines). And all the things in the reviews and Steam forums about their anti-hack protection... is actually the opposite of CA's anti-cheat(which didn't work), but somehow I am not surprised. And that's not getting into the blatant copyright infringement issue here.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92037 on: December 15, 2015, 06:18:49 pm »

How does a cat get run over by a lawn mower? I know they can squeeze into small places but mowers have maybe a few cm of ground clearance, not really enough for a cat to slip under without noticing.
It was kinda like that.

I can't tell if my neighbor needs to get his eyes checked or get someone to do something about those feral cats.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92038 on: December 15, 2015, 07:20:50 pm »

It was kinda like that.

I can't tell if my neighbor needs to get his eyes checked or get someone to do something about those feral cats.
He ran over a bunch of kittens with a lawnmower? o_0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #92039 on: December 15, 2015, 07:32:43 pm »

Bloody cat blenders. Is what they are.
Pages: 1 ... 6134 6135 [6136] 6137 6138 ... 11040