Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6136 6137 [6138] 6139 6140 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14458056 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #92055 on: December 15, 2015, 10:44:28 pm »

Sigging this.
Cool! It's been ages since I've been sigged~
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92056 on: December 15, 2015, 10:48:40 pm »

I'm just glad!  And honestly the scenario was so absurdly horrid that I didn't believe it, but I didn't want to jump in and call anyone a liar.  Particularly on the off chance.
For what it's worth, I have had cats mown over before. As well as chickens, rabbits, and probably some things I'm forgetting. Quick enough thing small enough to get under the machine blindsides someone driving a riding lawnmower around and there's not going to be much left besides a mess. And there's definitely people that'd do it intentionally :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #92057 on: December 16, 2015, 02:43:41 am »

I... I think I just was party to someone's suicide on an RP game I play. :( I posted this on the Battlemaster.org forum to see if anyone knows him personally, so we can verify he's okay. As someone whose struggled with suicide in the past, I really hope he's alive. :(

"A player sent this message moments before deleting his account. If he's who I think he is, then he's the guy who nearly died in the '92 riots. :\

Please, if any of you are in Arizona or have access to Arizona authorities, please help us verify that he is okay. As someone who has struggled with suicide for many years, I have to make sure that our players are okay. Please, do what you can and let us know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMP6bXnXdZM

Out-of-Character from Kenley La Pointe   (39 minutes ago)
Message sent to everyone in your realm (50 recipients)
Battlemaster was his life.

Reginald Denny sat in his makeshift office, casually watching the Arizona sunset through his trailer window. Not more than a folding chair and table of plastic, with a seemingly ancient desktop computer sitting atop, arranged carefully to maximize his available space. He stretched his back and uttered a faint sigh; it had been a long day of work, but now he was done and back home. Reginald switched his computer on, patiently waiting. His monitor began to flicker as the low hum of his pc signaled the time was approaching. He smiled.

Work had been extraordinarily tough today. It seemed a never ending parade of issues, both major and minor, had cropped up in a project long overdue. "Goddammit. Just let me get this damn boat fixed." A small job he took over three weeks ago had turned into a nightmare. Reginald was skilled in boat repair, and really anything with his hands, however a lingering brain trauma made a simple step-by-step process incoherent. Completing crucial steps out of order unknowingly, he turned a minor leak into a half destroyed, half rebuilt monster. He knew his client would be extremely upset, and the fear was starting to paralyze him. He was in debt and this would surely ruin his business. But, that was not a concern for now. Time for Battlemaster.

As the login screen appeared, he excitedly cracked the knuckles of his damaged hands. Boat repair and maintenance was often no easy job, but these injuries were from decades ago. The scars from his hands reached up along his arms to his chest. From there, they spread like AIDS in West Hollywood, completely, across his entire face and body. He could feel the cold stares of people when he went out in public, in the normally upbeat, party/tourist town of Lake Havasu. So, he stopped going out, only for groceries and work. A sad life, but his and his alone, and through Battlemaster he found a small measure of joy in an otherwise empty existence.
Reginald Denny

star  [reply to sender] | [ignore] | [userdata unavailable]

He saw his family page appear and took a deep breath. He had moves to make for his characters that he had planned for the past week; Reggie agonized over strategy and his attention to detail helped make many of his past goals in Battlemaster successful. Now it was time to see his latest plan through. Unfortunately for him, things would not go accordingly.

Aura, it was called by some. Anxiety, cold sweats, and the faint taste of metal. His mind began to float. Reginald knew this feeling well and knew it signaled an oncoming seizure. Epilepsy was another effect of the injuries he sustained long ago. The intersection of Florence and Normandie in Los Angeles flashed back to his vision as he lost control of his body. He saw four men approaching so he stopped his truck. He had no idea a riot was taking place. All Reginald knew was that he had a load to deliver in his dump truck, and he impatiently tapped the steering wheel as they approached. What could they want, he wondered. Maybe they'll explain why pedestrians had been throwing rocks at his truck moments earlier. Ripped from the driver's seat and thrown onto the rough, hot asphalt. One man held his head down with his foot as others took turns kicking him. He vaguely remembered a hammer impacting him repeatedly, but he no longer felt pain. He looked up and saw a man holding a fire extinguisher menacingly over him and he knew his life was finished. As he saw the pressurized metal cylinder fly out of one of his attacker's hands and towards his unprotected face, Reginald Denny was jolted back to present day reality. Aware, but unable to control his muscles, he looked at his computer screen. Dread fills his belly as he sees an unfamiliar page, the delete your family Battlemaster confirmation page. Just another 30 seconds and I'll be fine... He tried with all his might to throw himself to the floor, but to no avail. To his dismay, his flailing arms smashed into his keyboard, again and again. The seizure finished and he surveyed the aftermath. Family Deleted Successfully. He began weeping.

Now, a new reality had taken form, one devoid of Battlemaster. He was scared, crushed, and confused. How would he endure now? Slowly he began to feel a peace and euphoria washing over him. Perhaps there was hope. Perhaps there something more to life than a browser game. He smiled again. He had found his answer. Reginald stood up and walked across his trailer home to a small chest on the floor. Opening it carefully, he pulled out a Smith and Wesson .40 calibre revolver. He loaded a single bullet and put the gun mouth. 

CLICK.

He cocked the hammer, but hesitated. I can always make a new account, right? A new family, a fresh start!
He began hyperventilating.

"Noooooooo!"

BANG
Reginald Denny"
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92058 on: December 16, 2015, 04:19:12 am »

I... I think I just was party to someone's suicide on an RP game I play. :( I posted this on the Battlemaster.org forum to see if anyone knows him personally, so we can verify he's okay. As someone whose struggled with suicide in the past, I really hope he's alive. :(

"A player sent this message moments before deleting his account. If he's who I think he is, then he's the guy who nearly died in the '92 riots. :\

Please, if any of you are in Arizona or have access to Arizona authorities, please help us verify that he is okay. As someone who has struggled with suicide for many years, I have to make sure that our players are okay. Please, do what you can and let us know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMP6bXnXdZM

Battlemaster was his life.

Reginald Denny sat in his makeshift office, casually watching the Arizona sunset through his trailer window. Not more than a folding chair and table of plastic, with a seemingly ancient desktop computer sitting atop, arranged carefully to maximize his available space. He stretched his back and uttered a faint sigh; it had been a long day of work, but now he was done and back home. Reginald switched his computer on, patiently waiting. His monitor began to flicker as the low hum of his pc signaled the time was approaching. He smiled.

Work had been extraordinarily tough today. It seemed a never ending parade of issues, both major and minor, had cropped up in a project long overdue. "Goddammit. Just let me get this damn boat fixed." A small job he took over three weeks ago had turned into a nightmare. Reginald was skilled in boat repair, and really anything with his hands, however a lingering brain trauma made a simple step-by-step process incoherent. Completing crucial steps out of order unknowingly, he turned a minor leak into a half destroyed, half rebuilt monster. He knew his client would be extremely upset, and the fear was starting to paralyze him. He was in debt and this would surely ruin his business. But, that was not a concern for now. Time for Battlemaster.

As the login screen appeared, he excitedly cracked the knuckles of his damaged hands. Boat repair and maintenance was often no easy job, but these injuries were from decades ago. The scars from his hands reached up along his arms to his chest. From there, they spread like AIDS in West Hollywood, completely, across his entire face and body. He could feel the cold stares of people when he went out in public, in the normally upbeat, party/tourist town of Lake Havasu. So, he stopped going out, only for groceries and work. A sad life, but his and his alone, and through Battlemaster he found a small measure of joy in an otherwise empty existence.
Reginald Denny

star  [reply to sender] | [ignore] | [userdata unavailable]

He saw his family page appear and took a deep breath. He had moves to make for his characters that he had planned for the past week; Reggie agonized over strategy and his attention to detail helped make many of his past goals in Battlemaster successful. Now it was time to see his latest plan through. Unfortunately for him, things would not go accordingly.

Aura, it was called by some. Anxiety, cold sweats, and the faint taste of metal. His mind began to float. Reginald knew this feeling well and knew it signaled an oncoming seizure. Epilepsy was another effect of the injuries he sustained long ago. The intersection of Florence and Normandie in Los Angeles flashed back to his vision as he lost control of his body. He saw four men approaching so he stopped his truck. He had no idea a riot was taking place. All Reginald knew was that he had a load to deliver in his dump truck, and he impatiently tapped the steering wheel as they approached. What could they want, he wondered. Maybe they'll explain why pedestrians had been throwing rocks at his truck moments earlier. Ripped from the driver's seat and thrown onto the rough, hot asphalt. One man held his head down with his foot as others took turns kicking him. He vaguely remembered a hammer impacting him repeatedly, but he no longer felt pain. He looked up and saw a man holding a fire extinguisher menacingly over him and he knew his life was finished. As he saw the pressurized metal cylinder fly out of one of his attacker's hands and towards his unprotected face, Reginald Denny was jolted back to present day reality. Aware, but unable to control his muscles, he looked at his computer screen. Dread fills his belly as he sees an unfamiliar page, the delete your family Battlemaster confirmation page. Just another 30 seconds and I'll be fine... He tried with all his might to throw himself to the floor, but to no avail. To his dismay, his flailing arms smashed into his keyboard, again and again. The seizure finished and he surveyed the aftermath. Family Deleted Successfully. He began weeping.

Now, a new reality had taken form, one devoid of Battlemaster. He was scared, crushed, and confused. How would he endure now? Slowly he began to feel a peace and euphoria washing over him. Perhaps there was hope. Perhaps there something more to life than a browser game. He smiled again. He had found his answer. Reginald stood up and walked across his trailer home to a small chest on the floor. Opening it carefully, he pulled out a Smith and Wesson .40 calibre revolver. He loaded a single bullet and put the gun mouth. 

CLICK.

He cocked the hammer, but hesitated. I can always make a new account, right? A new family, a fresh start!
He began hyperventilating.

"Noooooooo!"

BANG
Reginald Denny"

If it makes you feel better, people troll like this frequently l.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92059 on: December 16, 2015, 01:17:40 pm »

Finally got around to trying to play Alice: Madness Returns(bought it through Steam around Halloween).

...Except that it requires an account with EA. >:(

EDIT: And GTA 4 installs SecuRom as well. Yay.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 01:26:35 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #92060 on: December 16, 2015, 01:32:46 pm »

Get the first Murrican Mcgee's Alice (unless it already came with madness return). Madness return is an unfinished game, I think the devs ran out of money whilst making it

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92061 on: December 16, 2015, 01:36:41 pm »

That final literally had a section that wasn't taught. I love standardized department finals. Yay.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92062 on: December 16, 2015, 02:33:14 pm »

If it makes you feel better, people troll like this frequently l.

Never a good assumption to make.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92063 on: December 16, 2015, 02:33:32 pm »

In Tesco I saw two "Unofficial fan novels" based in a Minecraft server. How does this get published
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #92064 on: December 16, 2015, 02:40:59 pm »

It's self published, apparently. Amazon's just serving as the distributer, or something along those lines. Also people seem to like it, for whatever reason.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92065 on: December 16, 2015, 02:47:29 pm »

I assume that's the situation with Dontrel the Dolphin too:
http://www.amazon.com/Dontrels-Tales-Collection-Stories-Trelland/dp/1432780158

Basically Lowtax (the Something Awful guy) and Shmorky played this guy's astoundingly awful gamemaker games, then the guy wrote (and published!) some books set in the "universe".  It apparently received a lot of "ironic" support from Goons, which is basically a win-win.  I'm sure they had fun with the presumably SBaHJ-like story, and the creator cashed in on his 10 seconds of fame.

...TREYLATEEEEEEE
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 02:56:49 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #92066 on: December 16, 2015, 02:57:53 pm »

It's self published, apparently. Amazon's just serving as the distributer, or something along those lines. Also people seem to like it, for whatever reason.
It's been re-published with Harper-Collins though. I did read an excerpt of it and the writing is surprisingly good. I hope that he continues writing but writes something other than a Minecraft book because he can write quite well.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92067 on: December 16, 2015, 03:02:55 pm »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92068 on: December 16, 2015, 03:04:12 pm »

I am getting close to owing Aurora an apology (If it didn't have weird instances where something should have worked but didn't because I didn't do them in a very particular order due to the limitation in programming)

Trying to get this Battletech simulation program to work and woosh! having trouble every single step of the way.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92069 on: December 16, 2015, 03:09:29 pm »

Oh man, you people have no idea what kind of stuff gets published online.

I think I recognize that blog, I forgot that the works were *actually published*.  Ah, humanity!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 6136 6137 [6138] 6139 6140 ... 11040