Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6112 6113 [6114] 6115 6116 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14439904 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #91695 on: December 10, 2015, 11:40:36 pm »

I've kind of noticed that in games like Minecraft what always seems to happen is I get kind of crowded out of my own home. At first I have my own plot and I am just seeing it grow, some people come along and we work together... Then later on they are doing who knows what and basically own the entire place and I don't really have anything to do anymore because my job is to make them happy.

>_< why is it that the community is always the worst part of community games?

Have you tried landmines?

This is why I build my bases inside natural features a long way from spawn and completely conceal it from the outside by replacing my entry point with natural stone/dirt/grass whenever I enter or exit.

This. I usually just build whatever massive edifice I dream up in an interesting place as far away from spawn as I can practically place it. The only real reason I play multiplayer with strangers is so I can chat with people in the meantime. Because if other people can see whatever it is you made, eventually someone will find a way to destroy it for teh lulz.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91696 on: December 10, 2015, 11:43:46 pm »

There's a Bay12 server around somewhere, isn't there?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91697 on: December 11, 2015, 12:10:11 am »

There's a civcraft faction that's partially associated with Bay12, but I'm not sure if there's an extant Bay12-focussed server.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #91698 on: December 11, 2015, 12:12:56 am »

Hm, okay.

Anyway, flag referendum has closed in NZ. Voter turnout of 47%. Holy crap, that's a lot of people who actually voted.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #91699 on: December 11, 2015, 01:46:01 am »

Decided to dive into the forum statistics on a whim.  Despite it having been nearly a year and a half, GreatWyrmGold still hasn't been passed up.  It's getting close, but still.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91700 on: December 11, 2015, 01:53:04 am »

Occasionally I mutter "fuckers" when I see something aggravating.
Shortly thereafter I may quietly exclaim "AMERICA!" then be wracked with giggles.
I think I've been exposed to too much 2 best friends play, because this has happened FOUR TIMES TODAY
Hi I'm Rolan7 and I'm addicted to memes.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #91701 on: December 11, 2015, 02:02:24 am »

Decided to dive into the forum statistics on a whim.  Despite it having been nearly a year and a half, GreatWyrmGold still hasn't been passed up.  It's getting close, but still.
Don't underestimate the pedantic capabilities of dragons.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #91702 on: December 11, 2015, 06:33:20 am »

@Putnam & Flying Dice

Um.. Yeah. I haven't quite seen the angle of this sitation you brought up. I thought she didn't heard what I was mumbling to myself, but apparently she did. Guess this was really a dick move. Not something worth ragequitting class over, in my opinion, but I really have an apology to make nevertheless.
I'm just not used to people actually paing attention t what I do and speak. And the class was boring to the extreme, people telling basically the same overused lines from the textbook on the overused topic from the same textbook, over and over, not even trying to bring up some new stuff - an I know these people were perfectly capable of it, they just decided not to. This was getting on my nerve as well.

I can't remember where the statistics were taken from, but in some survey of people's fears showed that the unfathomable experience of death and nonexistence, that has plagued humanity for as long she had existed with it's uncertainty, actually only came in second place of what people feared the most... Behind the fear of "talking in front of other people". It is something about the worry of being judged that makes public speech such a sensitive point for so many (which is also why it is so important to practice it in school!), and speaking in a context where the point is to be judged and graded probably exaggerates that effect and makes people very self conscious. It is extra easy to feel targeted in such situations.

As for the strength of her reaction... Well, we don't know what other heap of negative coincidences were weighing down on her already. Remember that your words could have been only a straw to her already heavy load, and though it might appear like that straw broke her camel's back the other hay bales that where already on it would also be part of the reason for the breakage.
Love, scriver~

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91703 on: December 11, 2015, 07:03:51 am »

I went outside to see the cool lightning. I looked around and noticed that it was directly overhead. Then I went back inside.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91704 on: December 11, 2015, 07:06:59 am »

Heh, I got that a few days ago. Was going home when I saw a huge, sky breaking bolt of lightning hitting the ground not too far off. It was close enough that the explosive thunder sound hit me just a second after.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #91705 on: December 11, 2015, 07:11:31 am »

As for the strength of her reaction... Well, we don't know what other heap of negative coincidences were weighing down on her already. Remember that your words could have been only a straw to her already heavy load, and though it might appear like that straw broke her camel's back the other hay bales that where already on it would also be part of the reason for the breakage.

That might be the case. But anyhow, I won't see her again till next week, and I don't think I should deliver an apology via phone or messages.

This was legit the first time someone reacted like that to what I do. As I said, people actually don't care most of the time or at worst are mildly annoyed.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #91706 on: December 11, 2015, 07:22:58 am »

Don't underestimate the pedantic capabilities of dragons.
I'm starting to wonder whether or not the guy is an actual great wyrm gold dragon who gets increasingly annoyed at human etiquettes.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #91707 on: December 11, 2015, 10:20:40 am »

Um.. Yeah. I haven't quite seen the angle of this sitation you brought up. I thought she didn't heard what I was mumbling to myself, but apparently she did. Guess this was really a dick move. Not something worth ragequitting class over, in my opinion, but I really have an apology to make nevertheless.
I'm just not used to people actually paing attention t what I do and speak. And the class was boring to the extreme, people telling basically the same overused lines from the textbook on the overused topic from the same textbook, over and over, not even trying to bring up some new stuff - an I know these people were perfectly capable of it, they just decided not to. This was getting on my nerve as well.
For what it's worth I can totally see your viewpoint, though it depends heavily on how loud you were murmuring. Murmuring correct lines to yourself in a foreign language class where you are a student is totally a valid thing as a form of extra review/solidification as long as you were keeping them to a "only I should be hearing this" level, in my opinion. (If on the other hand you were murmuring it at the "me and the 20 people sitting around me can hear" level, or you were a teacher/TA instead of a student, then yeah, dickbag move. :P)

Regardless, I'd say intent makes a bit of a difference here as well; if your intent was to point out all of the mistakes she was making than that's mean and you should totally apologize profusely, but if your intent was simply to remind yourself of the proper forms than personally I'd apologize in more of a "I am sorry for speaking slightly too loudly, my intent was only to review the phrases being spoken as I heard them and my squint was intended more as questioning one than one intended to attack you, I'm sorry you took it in a way that was not intended" explanation/apology thing.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91708 on: December 11, 2015, 11:21:54 am »

There's a civcraft faction that's partially associated with Bay12, but I'm not sure if there's an extant Bay12-focussed server.
Currently magma mcfry's doing a ftb infinity server.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91709 on: December 11, 2015, 11:35:28 am »

Apparently school sex-ed is an actual thing in other countries, judging by a few last pages of this thread. I'm currently in a fifth year of university and I still haven't met anything of that sort.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 6112 6113 [6114] 6115 6116 ... 11040