Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6061 6062 [6063] 6064 6065 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450096 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90930 on: November 27, 2015, 03:10:30 pm »

Oh, right, their god is probably the stock market, which demands ever-increasing growth.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90931 on: November 27, 2015, 03:16:55 pm »

Oh, right, their god is probably the stock market, which demands ever-increasing growth.
Profits for the profit god! Stocks for the stocks throne!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90932 on: November 27, 2015, 03:35:46 pm »

And now the site buggered my payment. I somehow paid my bills twice. And had to deal with pop-ups and attempted redirects to "business partners".

On the bright side, I owe a negative amount.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #90933 on: November 27, 2015, 06:01:24 pm »

http://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/2015/08/13/sesame-street-moving-hbo/31627391/

That just... what? You know what, I'm sorry, but these budget cuts have gone too far when Sesame Street has to seek outside funding like this. Thankfully they still get aired on PBS, after a 9 month window or so, but still. It's the single most successful educational show in history and has united everyone with a common experience across all lines.

Come on, please tell me we can afford a puppet show, and the best damn one there ever was too. HBO has been out of the kid's entertainment business for years and there was a reason for that. Now Big Bird is on the same network as The Wire, and Game of Thrones.

One of these things just doesn't belong here....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #90934 on: November 27, 2015, 06:01:47 pm »

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Are those unexpected excess dividends in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #90935 on: November 27, 2015, 07:44:55 pm »

Mentioned I partake in the spice to a newly met Asian; we 5 set off to indulge in the spice. My credentials as a spice partaker were heavily on the line. He spoke in Urdu to the doner kebab chef, the words 'very very very very extra spicy' were muttered amidst a string of untranslateable curses. A fiver was exchanged, one twenty returned. A sprite in hand and banter in the land I awaited spice. We talked of many things, showing off injuries and making many philosophical inquiries upon the nature of cow and bull milk. The spice arrived, greasy chips and asbestos-red doner kebab looking innocent enough to my nose. To my right, a chicken tikka masala had arrived alongside my spice; the orange flooded the plate like the river ganges in monsoon season, the brave man eating it maintained it was fucking delicious. By the time this observation was made I had downed the salt tinged chips and three pieces of lamb. It was not spicy. Emboldened I wolfed down piece after piece over good converse on the cheap lighting and dingy flooring; on the wall a poster declaring that the ignorant never listened to Allah even though reckoning was close. More lamb found its way in my gullet, and it was horrendously delicious. Finally the critical mass was hit and I felt the Vietnam war spice my palette. For a brief moment physical functions ceased and animal instincts kicked in, physically forcing me to hesitate in my consumption of this caustic poison... Delicious poison. On my face no hint of spice betrayed the battle of wills going on within, my credentials as spice man ting rested on filling my hunger with this inglorious kebab.
Then suddenly there was only silence. The great inferno was gone. I took advantage of this nirvanan spice victory and devoured the last lamb, briefly alternating with the chicken to recover. Crafty deployment of chocolate orange and ketchup was utilized to speed recovery for the final assault. When at last I had finished I was fulfilled, but so cold. Goodbyes were made and we set off on four cardinal directions with the spirits of the damned dynsenterious casualties of the lands from Portugal to Malaysia within. Definitely in my top 10 for most spicy spice I have had. Considered a proposition from one of my older Asian friends for a can't handle the spice but cautioned him; there would be no winners in our battles of spice, only death.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90936 on: November 27, 2015, 07:52:26 pm »

Dear lord thats awesome.

Meanwhile, after a day of next to noone ordering popcorn, noless than three separate groups each requested noless than three gallons of popcorn.

Also, how bad does a movie have to be to not be shown?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90937 on: November 27, 2015, 07:57:03 pm »

Pretty sure "bad" is immaterial. The real deciding factor is popularity. I mean, look at how many people watched Fifty Shades of Gay, or whatever mindless action blockbuster is showing this season.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #90938 on: November 27, 2015, 08:00:37 pm »

Fifty Shades of Gay is a real book that should have been the one that was made into a film.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90939 on: November 27, 2015, 08:02:27 pm »

It was also a typo, but I too want to see it as a movie.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #90940 on: November 27, 2015, 08:37:14 pm »

Would that be some kind of polyethnic homosexual rom-com, perhaps?

Yeah, the lowest common denominator sells, and well. It's amazing how many genuinely good stories are borderline unknown.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90941 on: November 27, 2015, 08:51:30 pm »

Mentioned I partake in the spice to a newly met Asian; we 5 set off to indulge in the spice. My credentials as a spice partaker were heavily on the line. He spoke in Urdu to the doner kebab chef, the words 'very very very very extra spicy' were muttered amidst a string of untranslateable curses. A fiver was exchanged, one twenty returned. A sprite in hand and banter in the land I awaited spice. We talked of many things, showing off injuries and making many philosophical inquiries upon the nature of cow and bull milk. The spice arrived, greasy chips and asbestos-red doner kebab looking innocent enough to my nose. To my right, a chicken tikka masala had arrived alongside my spice; the orange flooded the plate like the river ganges in monsoon season, the brave man eating it maintained it was fucking delicious. By the time this observation was made I had downed the salt tinged chips and three pieces of lamb. It was not spicy. Emboldened I wolfed down piece after piece over good converse on the cheap lighting and dingy flooring; on the wall a poster declaring that the ignorant never listened to Allah even though reckoning was close. More lamb found its way in my gullet, and it was horrendously delicious. Finally the critical mass was hit and I felt the Vietnam war spice my palette. For a brief moment physical functions ceased and animal instincts kicked in, physically forcing me to hesitate in my consumption of this caustic poison... Delicious poison. On my face no hint of spice betrayed the battle of wills going on within, my credentials as spice man ting rested on filling my hunger with this inglorious kebab.
Then suddenly there was only silence. The great inferno was gone. I took advantage of this nirvanan spice victory and devoured the last lamb, briefly alternating with the chicken to recover. Crafty deployment of chocolate orange and ketchup was utilized to speed recovery for the final assault. When at last I had finished I was fulfilled, but so cold. Goodbyes were made and we set off on four cardinal directions with the spirits of the damned dynsenterious casualties of the lands from Portugal to Malaysia within. Definitely in my top 10 for most spicy spice I have had. Considered a proposition from one of my older Asian friends for a can't handle the spice but cautioned him; there would be no winners in our battles of spice, only death.
The... spice... must... flow...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90942 on: November 27, 2015, 09:07:35 pm »

*snip*
HAHAHAHA, prepare yourself, infidel, your guts have been enriched and a storm of fire and brimstone is coming... THE WRATH OF ALLAH SHALL ERUPT FROM YOUR ARSE LIKE AN ENDLESS FLOW OF MAGMAAAAAAAA

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #90943 on: November 27, 2015, 09:35:19 pm »

GET ON IT, HOLLYWOOD

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #90944 on: November 27, 2015, 11:02:20 pm »

GET ON IT, HOLLYWOOD
Nah, they don't have enough foreign actors. They'd probably just end up putting stereotypical makeup on twenty different cuts of Brad Pitt and George Cluny.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com
Pages: 1 ... 6061 6062 [6063] 6064 6065 ... 11040