Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6033 6034 [6035] 6036 6037 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457320 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #90510 on: November 21, 2015, 03:09:52 am »

Quote from: Wikipedia
Canada is a federal parliamentary democracy and a constitutional monarchy, Queen Elizabeth II being the current head of state.
Well then.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90511 on: November 21, 2015, 03:15:40 am »

I've always found the idea that America would take over Canada amusing, due to how unlikely it seems.
We tried, once.  Believe it or not, while saying "we'll be welcomed as liberators".

America changes only very slowly.
DANCES ON ASHES OF A CERTAIN HOUSE
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #90512 on: November 21, 2015, 03:20:26 am »

House Stark?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #90513 on: November 21, 2015, 03:24:15 am »

Things probably wouldn't be much different if we had successfully annexed Canada. I doubt there'd be any modern Canadian separatism, especially since Canada's national identity only really got going from all that cheerleading while we got halfheartedly slapped around by Britain's left buttcheek.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #90514 on: November 21, 2015, 03:38:29 am »

House Stark?
No, they're the best. I meant that White one.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #90515 on: November 21, 2015, 04:59:09 am »

Quote from: Wikipedia
Canada is a federal parliamentary democracy and a constitutional monarchy, Queen Elizabeth II being the current head of state.
Well then.
Charles remembers

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #90516 on: November 21, 2015, 08:52:18 am »

House Stark?
No, they're the best. I meant that White one.

With Obama in it, I've seen it called the "Black's House."
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #90517 on: November 21, 2015, 09:06:56 am »

I've always found the idea that America would take over Canada amusing, due to how unlikely it seems.
We tried, once.  Believe it or not, while saying "we'll be welcomed as liberators".

America changes only very slowly.
We wanted to free the Quebecois?  :P
Actually I'm kinda curious why Canada was happy to stay a vassal-colony at the time.  Like maybe their trade with Britain was more favorable somehow?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #90518 on: November 21, 2015, 09:33:06 am »

The US invaded Canada twice.

The first time was during the War Of Independence, where it was expected that the recently-annexed territory would be a perfect "14th colony" that would not only provide the cause of Independence with a much-needed boost but render the British devoid of stable bases on the American continent. This failed primarily because Ethan Allen lost a critical battle, drawing Montreal's forces out of the city in pursuit - and allowing another Continental army to take the city. The disorganized nature of this capture, long before General Benedict Arnold was able to reach the fortress-city of Quebec, allowed many people to flee to Quebec, warning the city and making it impregnable.

The second time was during the War of 1812, in which Canada was a massive potential threat to the entire Western border of the US, and neutralizing that threat was top priority. This failed mostly because the American troops at the time were primarily raw militia that couldn't stand up to the British Regular Army. The Canadian threat was not neutralized until Commodore Perry won the Battle Of Put-In-Bay to deny the British control of the Great Lakes and victory at Fort Meigs nullified the land invasion route.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #90519 on: November 21, 2015, 09:39:49 am »

...the battle of put-in-bay? Who named that place?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #90520 on: November 21, 2015, 09:41:12 am »

Noticed Urban Giraffe is using on the avatars in my rotation. This clearly cannot stand so I deleted it. Goodbye, frowning soldier.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #90521 on: November 21, 2015, 10:04:01 am »

At least it's better than the battle of Widow McCormack's Cabbage Patch.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #90522 on: November 21, 2015, 10:10:18 am »

I'm listening to some chiptune mix on repeat and it has a song that has a sound in the background that sounds a bit like the skype notification sound and its driving me crazy >.>

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #90523 on: November 21, 2015, 10:19:20 am »

It is a Bay on South Bass Island in Lake Erie that was a safe place to "Put-In" to wait out a storm. Thus, "Put-In-Bay". Commodore Perry sheltered his fleet in this bay before sailing out to engage a British squadron in 1813.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #90524 on: November 21, 2015, 10:30:17 am »

Didnt know where to post it, and it wasnt today it was sept 7 6:20pm to be exact.
I saw a orange orb move slowly in a lightning bolt like line dont know what it waa but there arnt many chinese in my town and it wasnt a civilian transport vehicle because it didnt have regulation lights, nor could it have been a planned military exercise cause our air military has paper planes and arnt in my area on top of that it was in used airspace because after the 5 mins it was moving around for a plane came in to the nearby airport.
It also got brighter at points in its movement and it just faded away.
Very clear and calm night no clouds. First I have ever seen a light like it and I grew up on a farm where you can see stars for lightyears and I know what meteors and such look like having spent hundreds of hours staring out at space.
I dont know but thats my story.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.
Pages: 1 ... 6033 6034 [6035] 6036 6037 ... 11040