Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5988 5989 [5990] 5991 5992 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14444460 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #89835 on: November 12, 2015, 05:45:07 pm »

CLOUD CONFIRMED FOR SMASH DLC
.... Oookay then.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #89836 on: November 12, 2015, 05:48:25 pm »

whos cloud again?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89837 on: November 12, 2015, 05:50:10 pm »

cloud strife, main character of final fantasy vii, the best selling JRPG of all time

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89838 on: November 12, 2015, 05:50:16 pm »

i mean i'm a lazy fuck so maybe i missed it, but i didn't see anybody else declaring that the genre was shit
It wasn't me insisting insisting the nobody like what I don't like, it was me being an obnoxious prick by saying I don't like a thing that somebody else said nobody should dislike.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89839 on: November 12, 2015, 06:00:01 pm »

It wasn't me insisting insisting the nobody like what I don't like, it was me being an obnoxious prick by saying I don't like a thing that somebody else said nobody should dislike.
ah, gotcha

i didn't quite take that away from the prior conversation, but that's my bad

i'll leave you with the note that you didn't say you didn't like it, you said it was shit, and it was this distinction that got my metaphorical goat

if this seems like an overly smug way of getting the last word in, it may be that, i don't know, but one way or another good luck in the future
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89840 on: November 12, 2015, 06:08:26 pm »

you didn't say you didn't like it, you said it was shit, and it was this distinction that got my metaphorical goat
Shouldn't saying it's shit imply that I don't like it? I could count on one hand the number of things that I like and also would call shit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89841 on: November 12, 2015, 06:10:29 pm »

Apparently, men who smell like garlic are more attractive.

...Can any of the women here confirm? Please. I need all the help I can get.

whos cloud again?
cloud strife, main character of final fantasy vii, the best selling JRPG of all time
Guy with the giant, phallic-themed sword.

Curious to how Nintendo got ahold of him.

Also curious as to why Chrome flags "ahold" as misspelled.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89842 on: November 12, 2015, 06:11:05 pm »

Saying something is shit also implies that others don't like it. Saying "it's shit" is basically an attack on whatever you're calling shit, saying "I don't like it" is an opinion.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #89843 on: November 12, 2015, 06:15:11 pm »

Also curious as to why Chrome flags "ahold" as misspelled.
because you ARE mispelling "A Hold". ;)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #89844 on: November 12, 2015, 06:17:30 pm »

you didn't say you didn't like it, you said it was shit, and it was this distinction that got my metaphorical goat
Shouldn't saying it's shit imply that I don't like it?

Yes.

It also implies that anyone who does like it is shit and/or has shit taste.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89845 on: November 12, 2015, 06:17:51 pm »

Shouldn't saying it's shit imply that I don't like it? I could count on one hand the number of things that I like and also would call shit.
Sure, but saying you don't like something doesn't imply that it's shit. They're clearly not equivalent statements.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89846 on: November 12, 2015, 06:23:46 pm »

Looked up the origins of my last name. It means something like "someone who lives next to a pile of slate". Okay...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89847 on: November 12, 2015, 06:24:39 pm »

Wow you guys must be pretty fucking dull when you're giving opinions on things then. Any sensible reader should be able to realise that a person's opinions are opinions, since without any stated metrics there can't be an objective measure of how good or bad a thing is.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89848 on: November 12, 2015, 06:27:09 pm »

I don't like it = I don't like it
It's shit = I think it's objectively bad, and others shouldn't like it.  If they do, they're in error.
It's bad = it's shit
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #89849 on: November 12, 2015, 06:27:45 pm »

Wow you guys must be pretty fucking dull when you're giving opinions on things then. Any sensible reader should be able to realise that a person's opinions are opinions, since without any stated metrics there can't be an objective measure of how good or bad a thing is.
What's that got to do with anything?

The opinion conveyed by the statement "It's shit" is different from the opinion conveyed by the statement "I don't like it". In all cases the reader knows it is an opinion. C'mon, man, surely you can logic better than this, you've got GDI Denton for an avatar.
Pages: 1 ... 5988 5989 [5990] 5991 5992 ... 11040