Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5892 5893 [5894] 5895 5896 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14455531 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88395 on: October 23, 2015, 08:24:36 pm »

Unless your girl is already athletic, there is no way in hell are they going to make you exercise because that implies they also have to. My basic understanding of girls is that that hate anything that requires physical effort.
Huh, she did go running... And tried to convince me to join in, but she wasn't that intense about it.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88396 on: October 23, 2015, 08:33:59 pm »

my basic understanding of girls is that they're a varied group of individuals who have very wildly differing activity levels
but putnam

how can that be true

i can't handle a world where people can't be easily summed up with a few labels, especially if i can't base my expectations on easily-visible physical characteristics

it'd be chaos

or something

only i'm allowed to be complicated, everyone else is either a stereotype or a snowflake
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88397 on: October 23, 2015, 08:36:42 pm »

okay you're taking my tongue-in-cheek statement and making it friggin scalding

like taking a ribbing and making it battery

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88398 on: October 23, 2015, 08:42:26 pm »

as it turns out ribs make terrible batteries

true story
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88399 on: October 23, 2015, 09:22:37 pm »

I can't tell where the trolling begins and ends any more.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #88400 on: October 23, 2015, 09:26:30 pm »

This is Outer Fortress. We've created a forum where shitposts will always have a place.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #88401 on: October 23, 2015, 09:34:10 pm »

This is Outer Fortress. We've created a forum where shitposts will always have a place.
I think there were some people disappointed that didn't actually lead to a knock-off Bay12.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88402 on: October 23, 2015, 09:37:28 pm »

I think there were some people disappointed that didn't actually lead to a knock-off Bay12.
I'd estimate around two weeks for such a thing to implode under the force of shoddy moderation and relentless shitposting.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88403 on: October 23, 2015, 09:38:40 pm »

I'd estimate around two weeks for such a thing to implode under the force of shoddyno moderation and relentless shitposting.
Readeth ye text.
A forum without a staff, where users shitpost not for games or memes, but only for themselves. Outer Fortress.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88404 on: October 23, 2015, 09:42:14 pm »

Whoever made the place would have administrator status. Thus, there would always be the temptation and potential for them to abuse it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #88405 on: October 23, 2015, 10:02:02 pm »

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:35:42 pm by penguinofhonor »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88406 on: October 23, 2015, 10:02:59 pm »

Firefox absolutely refuses to let me log onto the forums. Both Edge and Chrome work, but not firefox. Same password, same username, but different results.
Whyy? Firefox is the only one that has full functionality with the post editor!
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88407 on: October 23, 2015, 10:03:01 pm »

is there some sort of inherently dishonorable penguin available

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #88408 on: October 23, 2015, 10:12:18 pm »

You mean greatorder?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #88409 on: October 23, 2015, 10:18:38 pm »

Firefox absolutely refuses to let me log onto the forums. Both Edge and Chrome work, but not firefox. Same password, same username, but different results.
Whyy? Firefox is the only one that has full functionality with the post editor!
Clear your cookies, make sure you're not blocking scripts, um... I got nothin'.
Pages: 1 ... 5892 5893 [5894] 5895 5896 ... 11040