Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5893 5894 [5895] 5896 5897 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453424 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #88410 on: October 23, 2015, 10:28:20 pm »

Have you considered... Opera?

Also I'm sure you could make a pretty awesome battery casing out of ribs. Probably wouldn't be the best battery the world's ever seen, and it likely wouldn't be the most compatible in the world (unless you just used the rib bones as material and carved them down to size, but where's the fun in that?), but it would look amazing. High tech necrogothic-chic.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #88411 on: October 24, 2015, 12:23:26 am »

Firefox absolutely refuses to let me log onto the forums. Both Edge and Chrome work, but not firefox. Same password, same username, but different results.
Whyy? Firefox is the only one that has full functionality with the post editor!

Try Pale Moon. It's a fork of Firefox that doesn't suck.

This is Outer Fortress. We've created a forum where shitposts will always have a place.
I think there were some people disappointed that didn't actually lead to a knock-off Bay12.

Here!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:27:05 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88412 on: October 24, 2015, 01:23:36 am »

My one pair of dress pants is not in this state.

Tomorrow is the only day this year that I expect to need them.

How they ended up not on the only hanger I ever put them on with my suit top is...questionable.

Excuse me while I find a list of all nearby department stores that open by 9AM. (giving me a maximum of 30 minutes to find a pair of pants, purchase it, and take the subway back home). Oh...like 2. You better have tall people clothes I swear to the powers that be if you don't I'm never speaking to another human again.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #88413 on: October 24, 2015, 05:12:05 am »

Whoever made the place would have administrator status. Thus, there would always be the temptation and potential for them to abuse it.
Make a new account, make the board, immediately get the account banned forever.

No gods, no masters. Only shitposts.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88414 on: October 24, 2015, 06:26:19 am »

Is a man not entitled to the shit of his own posts?

No says the OP, it belongs in a different thread.
No says the backseat mod, it belongs kept to yourself.
No says the Toad, it belongs in the trash.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... The Outer Fortress.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88415 on: October 24, 2015, 06:51:04 am »

http://outerfortress.userboard.net/

E: I'm sleep deprived and it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #88416 on: October 24, 2015, 02:26:25 pm »

Oh dear
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88417 on: October 24, 2015, 03:43:24 pm »

A forum without a staff, where users shitpost not for games or memes, but only for themselves.

The moderators of this forum will try hard to edit or remove reprehensible messages as soon as possible.

Something's not right here...

Edit: still made an account.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:50:01 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88418 on: October 24, 2015, 04:53:04 pm »

Ugh, woke up sore everywhere, too tired since I was awake half the night trying to keep warm(despite heavy blankets and a heater in the next room). I've had a cough for the past several days. If it was an option for me, I would have called in sick.

But I didn't.

Work was shorthanded by about half a dozen people(most called in sick). They still expected us to make a slightly larger-than-normal quota. Store was exceptionally crowded, even for a Saturday. They had me rolling product to the sales floor(which requires both strength, and the ability to navigate around assholes. Neither of which I had). My sister checked my forehead and said I had a fever. Shortly before leaving, we had to deal with(by sucking up and doing nothing) a kid who had been crying for about 2 hours straight.

I really should have called in sick.

The only thing that would have made my day complete is if my ex-girlfriend showed up - something that's not impossible though I figure unlikely. Then I would have been convinced I had truly died and gone to hell, where my only comfort would be, from the looks of it, that I killed everyone around me and dragged them down with me as well.

On a less unhappy WTF: This may be my fever talking, but I just looked at an American penny, which has Abraham Lincoln's face on it, upside-down. Totally looks like some ugly-faced dude with a neckbeard and a pope hat.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #88419 on: October 24, 2015, 06:41:49 pm »

My dad just tried to claim that he invented the photo array for automobiles to show what parts were installed when....

This is a standard evidence device and they've been using it since the early 1940s against Ford, Dodge and Studebaker. That was my inspiration to apply it to what he was doing.

Neither one of us invented it, it's been around before he was. He got fucking pissed at the idea that he didn't invent it. He didn't. It's been a standard idea since the early forties (before him). And, if he thought it up, where did his source of inspiration come from? I just suggested using an already existing idea as applied to his stuff (and showed him something I whipped up for him years ago as proof).

This shit keeps happening. I try to warn somebody that they are on the wrong path; they get pissed about it; and yell at me.... Low and behold, I'm right and it blows up in their faces if they don't listen to me. I just wanna scream over him, "Dude! This is your Mitt Romney 47% moment that cost him the election. If you run around saying this is your claim to fame, then people will not like it."

It's as if I have no credibility, despite being right, a lot. I have no ulterior motive: not money, not rights, not anything. But damn it, I don't want him to make a fool of himself.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 06:48:44 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #88420 on: October 24, 2015, 06:43:57 pm »

True that Tru; the truth doesn't always come easy to the proud

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #88421 on: October 24, 2015, 06:45:22 pm »

True that Tru; the truth doesn't always come easy to the delusional
FTFY
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88422 on: October 24, 2015, 06:50:52 pm »

There's a lot of overlap between pride and delusion so vov
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88423 on: October 24, 2015, 08:27:31 pm »

True that Tru; the truth doesn't always come easy to the delusional (or the proud) (or the proudly delusional)
FTFY
FTFY
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #88424 on: October 24, 2015, 08:56:16 pm »

And he's still trying to explain his way out of this one....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 5893 5894 [5895] 5896 5897 ... 11040