Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5814 5815 [5816] 5817 5818 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440486 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #87225 on: October 06, 2015, 04:40:04 pm »

waifusphere

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87226 on: October 06, 2015, 04:52:15 pm »

So I've discovered that a certain program I've been using for math stuff can project a custom image on a geometrical object. So of course I've decided to create this:

Spoiler: Cirnosphere (click to show/hide)

this is so fun
What is the program?
MATLAB. It's pretty overpowered, but I've never realized just how overpowered it was until I saw the Cirnosphere.
._.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87227 on: October 06, 2015, 04:53:34 pm »

More crashing. I don't think it's the graphics card now. I've narrowed it down to the hard drive, RAM, or the motherboard itself. I doubt it's the hard drive, since it's acting up even before it starts loading the operating system.

The good news, it is high time to start rebuilding this thing. The bad news, I have little method to actually order the parts for until the next few weeks. I'd have to either have my paycheck diverted into a debit card that my employer gave me a few weeks ago, or buy several prepaid gift cards of which I have yet to see one over $100. I could see if I can get all of my next paycheck onto my card without changing from getting a normal check.

EDIT: Another crash, and now it refuses to boot. It keeps running something, I have no idea what, before bleating about a boot failure. PRE-EDIT: Okay, I might have knocked a wire out when I was blowing compressed air into the case. I've had crash issues from excessive dust before. I swear, this thing is possessed by a demon. Not sure if it's a demon of Tzeentch, Nurgle, Slaanesh, or in all otherwise impossible likelihood, Cegorach.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 05:41:06 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87228 on: October 06, 2015, 06:19:28 pm »

So I've discovered that a certain program I've been using for math stuff can project a custom image on a geometrical object. So of course I've decided to create this:

Spoiler: Cirnosphere (click to show/hide)

this is so fun
Hint: Drag the sphere with the hand tool to make the projection isometric, then type "shading interp" to remove the mesh lines.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #87229 on: October 06, 2015, 06:33:19 pm »

This prob belongs in the dream thread, but today's dreams had a special kind of WTF to it.

I basically never dream about the forums or anything, but today I had a dream in which everyone on the bay12 forums changed their avatars to catgirls while I slept, and then changed them back to normal once I got back on the forums.

But thankfuly thats all a dream, right?
Right?
...Right?
This is stupidly redundant.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87230 on: October 06, 2015, 06:37:30 pm »

Sooo... I have to ask

Is it just Youtube silliness

Or do most Americans honestly believe their economy is collapsing and their dollar is useless?

I mean don't get me wrong. the US has always been a rather rich country (though with an economy weaker then it looks due to being a credit society) and thus it changing from a super rich country to just a rich country for a few moment would shake anyone. Yet I always thought the whole "Americans think they are the entire world" was just an offensive stereotype that didn't have a shred of accuracy.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87231 on: October 06, 2015, 06:38:37 pm »

You'd actually consider things said in Youtube comments ...?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87232 on: October 06, 2015, 06:39:42 pm »

it's the zionist banking system, they're making the dollar fall in order to wipe out the white race
obama's in on it, that's why he flashes illuminati gang signs during his speeches
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87233 on: October 06, 2015, 06:47:34 pm »

You'd actually consider things said in Youtube comments ...?

I just... Ugh!

I never get in Youtube debates very often XD usually once is enough for a year.

What is this fantasy realm some people in the US live in? The American Dollar being worth as much as monopoly money or toilet paper...

I even gave them the benefit of the doubt that maybe the US is secretly doing absolutely terrible and ghosts and monsters roam the street... but nope... They are improving.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 06:49:09 pm by Neonivek »

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87234 on: October 06, 2015, 06:51:53 pm »

Sooo... I have to ask

Is it just Youtube silliness

Or do most Americans honestly believe their economy is collapsing and their dollar is useless?

I mean don't get me wrong. the US has always been a rather rich country (though with an economy weaker then it looks due to being a credit society) and thus it changing from a super rich country to just a rich country for a few moment would shake anyone. Yet I always thought the whole "Americans think they are the entire world" was just an offensive stereotype that didn't have a shred of accuracy.
I've got some overpriced reasonably priced investment gold to sell! A single ounce costs a mere 12x1013 dollars! It's a fucking bargain, I mean literally!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87235 on: October 06, 2015, 06:54:19 pm »

Now I am depressed too...

I always found it weird that the US focuses so much on illegal immigration but I always thought it was either racism or just that they didn't want to have any sweat shops and underpaid workers.

As I found out. the believe is that illegal immigrants somehow have the magical power to siphon money from the US.

---

Honestly I came into this thinking "The US isn't that bad, stop being alarmist" but now I am like "ohh gawd these people actually exist? The US is doomed!"

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87236 on: October 06, 2015, 06:56:41 pm »

In a manner of speaking... They do often send money back to relatives back home. Oftentimes while collecting welfare benefits they are not legally allowed to collect.

On another note, Youtube ads also now have surveys that you either have to answer or (for now) wait until you're allowed to skip them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87237 on: October 06, 2015, 06:58:24 pm »

In a manner of speaking... They do often send money back to relatives back home. Oftentimes while collecting welfare benefits they are not legally allowed to collect.

They can't actually collect Welfare benefits. It is strictly impossible because you need American citizenship in order to.

That is something legal immigrants can do.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87238 on: October 06, 2015, 06:59:05 pm »

Now I am depressed too...

I always found it weird that the US focuses so much on illegal immigration but I always thought it was either racism or just that they didn't want to have any sweat shops and underpaid workers.

As I found out. the believe is that illegal immigrants somehow have the magical power to siphon money from the US.
I've got some overpriced reasonably priced anti-Mexican walls to sell! A single foot costs a mere 28x1013 dollars! It's a fucking bargain, I mean literally!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #87239 on: October 06, 2015, 07:00:54 pm »

it's the zionist banking system, they're making the dollar fall in order to wipe out the white race
obama's in on it, that's why he flashes illuminati gang signs during his speeches
Serves the fat bastards right! REMOVE CAPITALIST

Yet I always thought the whole "Americans think they are the entire world" was just an offensive stereotype that didn't have a shred of accuracy.
Have you been on /r/worldnews lately?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 5814 5815 [5816] 5817 5818 ... 11040