Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5745 5746 [5747] 5748 5749 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470133 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #86190 on: September 22, 2015, 12:24:54 pm »

It is odd that no matter how realistic graphics get the one thing that seems to always immediately make something look fake... is when it moves.

I know there are better examples but I looked at Until Dawn and oddly enough any scene where the characters stood perfectly still in the right lighting COULD have been confused for a photo... But even the slightest movement always painted them in fake. I never get why movement is so hard to get right, but there you go.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #86191 on: September 22, 2015, 12:27:01 pm »

The location listed for my intercultural comms class..... doesn't exist. The schedules says that you meet in room 241. There's room 244, 243, 242... and the stairwell. No room 241.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86192 on: September 22, 2015, 12:27:40 pm »

This actually improves my opinion of David Cameron. Prior to this I saw him solely as just some joyless asshole wet-blanket politician from England who wanted to censor the internet. This new aspect of his personality is far less negative and partly in conflict wih the other.

I garauntee it was not his idea. He barely qualifies as a politician, and probably did it because someone he thought might have power and influenec told him to. Which is the basic motivating factor in his life.
One wheel short of a wagon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #86193 on: September 22, 2015, 12:28:57 pm »

The location listed for my intercultural comms class..... doesn't exist. The schedules says that you meet in room 241. There's room 244, 243, 242... and the stairwell. No room 241.
... run into the wall between 242 and the stairwell? Alternately, wrong building or part of building or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86194 on: September 22, 2015, 12:30:32 pm »

This is your first test.

Alternately, your class is actually held at Hogwart's, and you have to run straight at the wall. I heartily encourage testing if this is the case.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86195 on: September 22, 2015, 12:33:10 pm »

Wow. You failed already. Typical empirical mindset, thinking base 10 is the only one used.

Before our number system was invented, base 60 was used by some of the most progressive scholars ever, and it's wrong to forget that.

Just this once, I'lll help you and your hopelessly closed-door mindset, and tell you that your room is actually labelled 1441.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #86196 on: September 22, 2015, 12:34:04 pm »

Wow. You failed already. Typical empirical mindset, thinking base 10 is the only one used.

Before our number system was invented, base 60 was used by some of the most progressive scholars ever, and it's wrong to forget that.

Just this once, I'lll help you and your hopelessly closed-door mindset, and tell you that your room is actually labelled 1441.
I see you've actually had an intercultural comms class before.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86197 on: September 22, 2015, 12:36:56 pm »

Look, I had to make a joke out of it somehow, otherwise I'd finish writing my essay. Also, I do personally believe it's pretty annoying that the base 10 system had to go and kill other bases off completely, especially our numerology.

No offense meant to intercultural comms people. In England, everyone has to do subjects the government percieves as "real", and it's crap :( so I may have satirized it carelessly.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #86198 on: September 22, 2015, 12:38:31 pm »

well if you have sixty fingers to count on, you can go ahead and use base sixty
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86199 on: September 22, 2015, 12:38:53 pm »

... run into the wall between 242 and the stairwell? Alternately, wrong building or part of building or somethin'.
Illusory wall ahead.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #86200 on: September 22, 2015, 12:51:57 pm »

It is odd that no matter how realistic graphics get the one thing that seems to always immediately make something look fake... is when it moves.
It's because someone got the idea that pretty texture graphics are more important than a proper game engine. The technology grew into the wrong direction, and here we are now, with photorealistic graphics and ragdoll physics. I'd rather have vector graphics and quantum physics.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86201 on: September 22, 2015, 12:58:26 pm »

Yeah
Black lives matter.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86202 on: September 22, 2015, 01:01:11 pm »

Nah, but short term investors make big money off quick and high stock prices, leading to nice fat salaries for CEOs.

Big business these days in a nutshell, really.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86203 on: September 22, 2015, 01:02:01 pm »

Anyone that has watched a reunion at the house of commons has no right to be surprised at the whole pig thing. Seriously, the brittish house of commons is like the best reality show in existence. Its literally a bunch of middle aged or old men (with the occasional woman) talking smack at eachother.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #86204 on: September 22, 2015, 01:07:51 pm »

Reminds me of the army woman who was dared to talk about cocks for as long as possible in parliament

She won
Pages: 1 ... 5745 5746 [5747] 5748 5749 ... 11037