Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5625 5626 [5627] 5628 5629 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462284 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #84390 on: September 01, 2015, 08:58:31 pm »

Naaah. Not an assault rifle. Doesn't own one.

yet

It's for a handgun. AFAIK.

They could be part of the mafia, but then again who knows :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84391 on: September 01, 2015, 09:00:11 pm »

Guns are awesome, everyone should have guns.
I wish my parents were gun nuts. That'd be awesome. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84392 on: September 01, 2015, 09:00:53 pm »

Ah, looks like I parsed the post slightly wrong. Still, it seems like carrying an assault rifle in the car is an end goal.
And not that there's anything inherently wrong with organised crime mind you, I'm not a bigot.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84393 on: September 01, 2015, 09:08:35 pm »

Heh. Maybe. Dunno. Parents are the type of christian that believe that the lord is returning soonTM and all.

Soooo... They may be partly preparing for shit to break down before that happens.

Mom did pick up an emergency blanket type thing from goodwills the other day when we went. Perfect condition obviously.

* Iceblaster shrugs.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #84394 on: September 01, 2015, 09:14:02 pm »

That's actually much worse than being in the mafia.

EDIT:
My parents now own a gun. S&W .38 Special, presuming that's the name... And my dad still wants an AR-15, or whatever the newest Assaukt rifle is.

Whyyyyy

We live in a safe enough town to not need a handgun with you. Hell, an assault rifle is going a bit overboard. It's more confusing than anything because my parents are determined to have us know what we have and are going to take us to fire it at some point or another. Probably not my sister though, thank god. Apparently the world's going to hell in a hand basket, second time I've heard that this week, therefore we need a gun for home defense and/or to defend ourselves should we get into danger. Because ya know. Blegh.

Is your family white. If your parents are white and conservative then "hell in a handbasket" probably means black people are moving into the neighborhood.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 09:16:08 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #84395 on: September 01, 2015, 09:44:22 pm »

The local primary school has put up a tall metal fence around the perimeter. It is somewhat reminiscent of a prison.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #84396 on: September 01, 2015, 09:48:21 pm »

The local primary school has put up a tall metal fence around the perimeter. It is somewhat reminiscent of a prison.
At least that's all it is. Over here our schools are designed from the ground up as prisons by prison architects.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84397 on: September 01, 2015, 10:36:14 pm »

Guns are awesome, everyone should have guns.
I wish my parents were gun nuts. That'd be awesome. :(
That, good sir, is a preference. I respect your right to own arms and/or liking the idea of owing arms, but I firmly state that not everyone should be given guns.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #84398 on: September 01, 2015, 10:48:47 pm »

Many gun enthusiasts have some vision of what a badass they'd be if they ever got a chance to use it to kill. They love the idea that they're going to be the one to stop a home invasion, or that they're going to be a hometown hero for putting down a murderous psychopath. I love guns both in that I appreciate their engineering and enjoy recreational shooting, but gun nuts are exactly the people that I would not like to have guns.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #84399 on: September 01, 2015, 10:54:44 pm »

i have guns because guns are legal where i live to own and not owning one is impractical in such a situatio

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #84400 on: September 01, 2015, 10:56:19 pm »

I don't understand the arguments against gun control
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84401 on: September 01, 2015, 11:12:29 pm »

I don't understand the arguments against gun control
The important bit is the fact that reputable studies by various agencies, including the U.S. government, have found that there is no correlation between gun control and homicide rates. There's also the argument that "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns".. because criminals don't care about the law, and guns are easy enough to make in a machine shop if there aren't already hundreds of millions of them already in circulation like there are in the United States. This is already obvious when you look at Washington D.C. and Chicago, two cities with extremely strict firearm laws, yet also very high firearm homicide rates. Criminals will arm themselves regardless of the law, and strict gun control laws leave law-abiding citizens unable to defend themselves from armed criminals. Case in point: Mexico and Brazil, two countries where guns are almost totally inaccessible to those who follow the law, and ubiquitous among those who do not.

Other countries may have different situations, but there is no clear pattern that gun control is actually effective at reducing crime.

Also, in the United States, there's that pesky Second Amendment to the Constitution that a lot of people take very seriously, and for good reason.

Oh, and the fact that every year, there are between about 145,000 and 2.5 million (depends entirely on whose statistics you believe) incidents where law-abiding citizens defend themselves from criminals with firearms in the United States. The vast majority of the time, it ends without a shot being fired because the assailant flees when the would-be victim pulls a gun. Even the lowball figure of 145,000 crimes prevented is a very significant one.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84402 on: September 01, 2015, 11:17:12 pm »

Yea guns suck, if they didn't exist we'd have a better world.
But they do exist and allowing them to be available to all, is better than them only being available to the folks who don't give a rat's ass what you allow.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84403 on: September 01, 2015, 11:17:49 pm »

The statement that amuses me is that people think the Second Amendment can't be changed.
I enjoy this.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84404 on: September 01, 2015, 11:23:56 pm »

The general public, however, should not have access to automatic rifles. Or submachine guns. Or body armor. Or excessive amounts of ammo. Also, crazy people and criminals shouldn't be able to get guns at all. Basically, the only guns anyone should ever need (and even that's dubious) are a small caliber handgun and/or a hunting rifle.

Responsible gun ownership is pretty easy and common, but that won't stop a large number of people from doing either stupid or illegal things with lethal weapons they shouldn't have access to.

EDIT: While this discussion has been calm so far, let's make sure to keep it that way. These types of topics can get heated pretty quick.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 11:27:33 pm by ShoesandHats »
Pages: 1 ... 5625 5626 [5627] 5628 5629 ... 11040