Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5531 5532 [5533] 5534 5535 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14450568 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82980 on: August 11, 2015, 06:03:15 pm »

Significantly better, actually, B. Much lower chance of mold/etc. damage to your clothes, plus you don't have to re-wash them to get the faintly horrific stench out.

Seriously though, if you leave wet clothing in an enclosed space (that's not an active dryer, anyway) for an extended period more than once, I'd wager there's something badly wrong with your sense of smell :V
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:04:57 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #82981 on: August 11, 2015, 06:12:51 pm »

In lack of a rage thread...

"With regards to Armored Core, there are several barriers that From Software as a whole needs to overcome in order to give new games to the fans. If the fans out there really want that, I suggest contacting Bandai Namco."

I never thought I'd ever say this but FUUUUUCK YOU DARK SOULLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSDRHxvj gtrsnkrgbjb b
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:16:20 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82982 on: August 11, 2015, 06:16:24 pm »

... you sure you need to be saying that to them and not bandai? Because that sounds t'me like the major "barrier" involved there is... them. BN, that is. Not really sure where the AC copyright and whatnot is rolling around these days, though.
Ask not!
Ask!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82983 on: August 11, 2015, 06:25:48 pm »

Significantly better, actually, B. Much lower chance of mold/etc. damage to your clothes, plus you don't have to re-wash them to get the faintly horrific stench out.

Seriously though, if you leave wet clothing in an enclosed space (that's not an active dryer, anyway) for an extended period more than once, I'd wager there's something badly wrong with your sense of smell :V
Ugh.  One of my worst experiences at the frat house was rushing home for a family emergency, then coming back to learn that I'd left my clothes in the washer.
... So these degenerates had left them, wet, in the washer, and were resentful about it.  Turns out that practically ruins clothes, they had these permanent fold-lines which didn't wash out.
I would have paid them back somehow, fuck!  The kitchen sink was *never* clean, either.  I had to keep my dishes in my room and wash them in the bathroom.
On the other hand, I picked up alcoholism.  woo.
(I wasn't even in the frat, I was a young adult desperate to move away from home.  And they sure used that.)

Also they "borrowed" my air conditioner.  I didn't handle that very maturely.

I never thought I'd ever say this but SCREEEWWWWW YOU DARK SOULLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSDRHxvj gtrsnkrgbjb b
Screw Dark Souls for not having any ability to pause.  I want to be hardcore, but I'm also on constant call you morons.  Good job alienating everyone with any unexpected responsibilities.
Whatever, I didn't want to play your interesting precision duel RPG anyway :'(
(I hear xbox gamers can pause anyway by unplugging their controllers.  WTF?)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82984 on: August 11, 2015, 06:43:22 pm »

... y'know, I had forgotten about that. Anyone know if the d. souls stuff reacts well to being suspended (via... well, I don't know if task manager can do it*, but process explorer can)? There's a lot of unpausable/shitty minimizing (the stuff that doesn't stop running when the window loses focus. That's fine for a toggle, but as a built in feature it's a bastard) stuff I deal with that way.

*Though checking suggests no, which is a bit of a shame. Hella' useful feature in a lot of situations.

E: Though if you're on call, you might not be on a machine you can use something like PE, dunno.
Ask not!
Ask!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82985 on: August 11, 2015, 06:43:59 pm »

In lack of a rage thread...

* LordSlowpoke smacks

the year is 2015

it's one year after the rage thread is gone

give it up, people mourn their parents for less

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82986 on: August 11, 2015, 06:45:56 pm »

Related to my post in the Happy thread, I just actually listened to the lyrics of "You Spin Me Right Round" and realized what they were actually about. Man, I was such an innocent child.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82987 on: August 11, 2015, 06:48:19 pm »

There was some racing game a few months ago that also did the whole non-pausing thing, but at least it had an excuse of being built for hop-in multiplayer.

Of course there are plenty of games built for hop-in multiplayer which let people pause in single player.  Borderlands for one.  But at least there was some excuse rather than a... frankly offensive design choice.

Related to my post in the Happy thread, I just actually listened to the lyrics of "You Spin Me Right Round" and realized what they were actually about. Man, I was such an innocent child.
I'm still not sure, but whatever it is sounds pretty great!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82988 on: August 11, 2015, 06:51:38 pm »

frankly offensive design choice.

Many dark souls players are somewhat masochistic, I imagine.
One wheel short of a wagon

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82989 on: August 11, 2015, 06:56:47 pm »

frankly offensive design choice.
I'm pretty sure you're meant to cower by the bonfire if you need to leave the game for any reason. Just accept death if you need to go do something.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #82990 on: August 11, 2015, 06:57:56 pm »

"Woah, the pizza guy got here and I died while I was giving him the money. Such exciting punishing gameplay!"

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #82991 on: August 11, 2015, 08:39:47 pm »

Y... you can't pause that game? Well, shit, I no longer regret having been unable to play it due to no console and inadequate hardware, which is good because I just solved that last problem.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #82992 on: August 11, 2015, 08:42:42 pm »

Not being able to pause Souls games is by this point an inherent style inclusion. Just about everybody has died to it, and that's alright. You should die in Souls.

And if not, multitasking is always fun.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #82993 on: August 11, 2015, 08:53:03 pm »

Remember when Spore was this cool thing rather than your standard snowflake creatures micromanagement game?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #82994 on: August 11, 2015, 08:53:56 pm »

Spore was never this thing ;-;
Pages: 1 ... 5531 5532 [5533] 5534 5535 ... 11040