Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5528 5529 [5530] 5531 5532 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14453586 times)

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82935 on: August 10, 2015, 10:52:49 pm »

What the Fuuuuuuuu-!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5X4TSbGreA

EDIT: "I want to tease SpongeBob's yellow pores." - The Burger King.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:54:53 pm by Ddynamo »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #82936 on: August 11, 2015, 12:06:46 am »

It's FEF, not FEOF

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82937 on: August 11, 2015, 12:23:20 am »

Crowdfunding a state goverment
Dafish is.
DDYKUDSAUEPECLLUUGGXVJVVDOURWOUUGH WHAT.
THIS IS STUPID.
WHY.  WHY CAN NOBODY LEARN TO BUDGET/SUDDENLY FORGETS HOW UPON OBTAINING PUBLIC OFFICE.

Well.  Most people, at least.  IIRC, the current governor is actually pursuing *gasp* reasonable courses of action over here.  Yay Maryland!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82938 on: August 11, 2015, 12:29:49 am »

I haven't laughed this hard in weeks. Sorry, Alabamans.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #82939 on: August 11, 2015, 12:51:59 am »

That's glorious.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82940 on: August 11, 2015, 01:24:24 am »

Some of those donation/etc. comments...

I liked one of the 5 buck ones quite a bit.
Please use this money for cab fare to your local library and check out any economics text book by Friedrich Hayek
Joke's on them, though. A library, in alabama? Ha. That may be a joke. Maybe.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #82941 on: August 11, 2015, 01:31:23 am »

Who thought that was a good idea
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82942 on: August 11, 2015, 01:33:34 am »

Who thought that was a good idea

It isn't a bad idea in concept. At least I see nothing wrong with a city gaining funding through crowd sourcing.

But lets just assume it is a good idea to do this... Like lets say it is standard and that all cities do this once in a while.

Who the heck just puts "Balance the budget" when crowd funding? It is the equivalent of saying "I will make RPG"

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #82943 on: August 11, 2015, 02:04:46 am »

It's a bad idea because this is literally what taxes are supposed to be for, and because creating a government that's partially dependent on voluntary, earmarkable funding fucks the poor over pretty hard. Social services are a thing the poor need and can't pay for and the rich don't need and can pay for. Doing it this way, instead of passing a series of highly progressive tax hikes, all but guarantees that the tax funds will be reserved for "essential" government functions, and that if the poor want social programs they should "pay for it themselves". Meanwhile, the people with lots of wealth gain political clout by being able to make major financial contributions directly to their preferred slices of government. I mean, more easily than they already can, and now the process can be chalked up to "democratizing the budget" or something instead of the blatant corruption it is.

It's fucking heinous.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82944 on: August 11, 2015, 02:13:16 am »

So essentially the use of crowd sourcing government spending is... Essentially privatizing the government.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #82945 on: August 11, 2015, 02:24:49 am »

Yeah, but in a way that looks like the exact opposite.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #82946 on: August 11, 2015, 02:27:50 am »

Publicly-traded government, perhaps?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #82947 on: August 11, 2015, 02:58:57 am »

I don't see why they need to use a third party crowdfunding website. Wouldn't the same effect be made if they'd just collect an optional extra tax?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82948 on: August 11, 2015, 03:01:43 am »

Its not wholly bad to be able to provide extra impetus to a non-essential project that just couldn't be funded through taxes as they exist, given taxes shouldn't be raised just to accommodate anything that isnt actually important. I agree its no replacement for taxes that fund the necessary functions, basics of social security for the rest of us being part of that, and I doubt it ever really could be. We can argue to the end of days, just as we've been arguing since the beginning, over which services are or are not necessary or useful and to whom, or what is or is not fair, I guess. But as long as the taxes are always funding the entirety of what we have deemed to be important, I honestly don't see why you can't pay extra voluntarily to speed along something important to you. Everything gets abused regardless, because rules are meant to be broken, but I don't appreciate losing opportunities because someone else was a dumbass. Make it their problem directly, not through me.

That said, yeah Alabama's full of idiots for trying this to fix a budget defecit, instead of, yknow, budgeting for what they have available now and making plans to remedy their shortcomings and operate at full capacity when that becomes possible again. Just another plea for a bailout due to their own incompetence.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82949 on: August 11, 2015, 04:14:53 am »

Challenges Father to a quick game of Geoguesser in our country of Australia...
First go I show how it works before handing it over.

First Guess
"Oh this is *Location*" 30kms off...

Second Guess
"Hey this is in Tasmania." 20kms off...

Third Guess
"I was here just the other day..." 15kms off... (He wasn't)

Last Guess...
"This is either here or over here..." First guess was correct but went with his second...

ALL these guesses were with the first image and a quick spin...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 5528 5529 [5530] 5531 5532 ... 11040