Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5521 5522 [5523] 5524 5525 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14457471 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82830 on: August 06, 2015, 03:57:19 pm »

It's a beta. I'd rather wait until they fix the glitch where the user's soul is violently consumed by the start menu.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82831 on: August 06, 2015, 04:11:09 pm »

That doesn't sound like a glitch. I'm pretty sure it's standard for an OS to consume your soul violently.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82832 on: August 06, 2015, 04:13:10 pm »

Living in australia is one hell of a ride.
Meanwhile farmers don't bother with any of that.
They just drink beers with their mates at sunset, out on the patio, like
"Whatcha been up t' t'day?"
"Found out I got intern'l parasites eatin' me brain"
'Ah, yeh, righto'.
"Yeh"
*sip*
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #82833 on: August 06, 2015, 04:14:40 pm »

I use classicshell on windows 8, haven't really had any issues at all.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82834 on: August 06, 2015, 05:24:28 pm »

Never seen a glow-in-the-dark job at work before. We've had other things, like scratch-and-sniffs. The glow doesn't seem to be applied right though, as it is not covering the images properly, and does not glow intensely enough.

And the customer keeps having odd complaints. Just getting the job was a trial, as our stickers and tattoo samples we sent kept failing their smell tests. Their guidelines for how to properly wrap samples included requiring that they be wrapped in a length of foil no less than about a dozen rotations of the cardboard tube that the foil comes wound around. Then they have guidelines on how to put stickers on boxes, which I mentioned yesterday. Now they sent us a complaint that the orange coloured areas of the samples we sent them were too orange.

I don't understand. Apparently they wouldn't elaborate beyond "it's too orange" and "we want the colour orange". Is it too red, too yellow? Too dark, too bright? Too vivid? Apparently they got it fixed, but I haven't a clue as to what was wrong.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #82835 on: August 06, 2015, 05:27:09 pm »

Living in australia is one the circus of a ride.
"Found out I got intern'l parasites eatin' me brain"
*sip*

Oi, that 'splains why ye haven't been drinkin' as much.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82836 on: August 06, 2015, 05:56:34 pm »

Never seen a glow-in-the-dark job at work before. We've had other things, like scratch-and-sniffs. The glow doesn't seem to be applied right though, as it is not covering the images properly, and does not glow intensely enough.

And the customer keeps having odd complaints. Just getting the job was a trial, as our stickers and tattoo samples we sent kept failing their smell tests. Their guidelines for how to properly wrap samples included requiring that they be wrapped in a length of foil no less than about a dozen rotations of the cardboard tube that the foil comes wound around. Then they have guidelines on how to put stickers on boxes, which I mentioned yesterday. Now they sent us a complaint that the orange coloured areas of the samples we sent them were too orange.

I don't understand. Apparently they wouldn't elaborate beyond "it's too orange" and "we want the colour orange". Is it too red, too yellow? Too dark, too bright? Too vivid? Apparently they got it fixed, but I haven't a clue as to what was wrong.
Are you sure the job isn't a huge joke? They sounds way too specific about everything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82837 on: August 06, 2015, 05:59:48 pm »

You know, I think I know why me being rather critical of a game makes people suddenly want it.

There is... well
1) People want to defend a game since I am being overly harsh
and
2) People who hear me rave about a game suddenly look very close and see all the good qualities of it.

It still is the most unusual thing that the more scaving a review I have the more attractive the game is to others.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82838 on: August 06, 2015, 06:02:21 pm »

Better not be a prank for a job this big.

I wouldn't know though. The job is part of a chain of sorts. Our contact is an agency that gets us some of our larger jobs, so they'd be getting screwed too. And who knows if they have people they contact, who have to contact others or something.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #82839 on: August 07, 2015, 01:06:37 am »

So all my attempts to get the original Rainbow six running on my laptop have caused it to throw a hissy fit and force me to restart. At this point I don't know if I'm better off finding what console version did it best and just emulate THAT.

Forgetting about that for now.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82840 on: August 07, 2015, 01:17:12 am »

I'd be down for SWAT4 sometime if bay12 wants to get a group together.  You mentioned it earlier, it's a great game.  Kinda sucks solo though, and *really* sucks 2-player.  Even three players (my group) is really pushing it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #82841 on: August 07, 2015, 01:27:52 am »

Sucks solo? It's just fine solo. You just gotta become an expert at holding your squads dick. Swat 3 isn't much worse either.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #82842 on: August 07, 2015, 01:56:12 am »

SWAT3 > SWAT4

Then again, I only ever played 3, just saw some gameplay of 4.

But 4 seemed to have a ridiculously awkward animation compared to 3 so that's totally enough to pass my judgement. :P

So all my attempts to get the original Rainbow six running on my laptop have caused it to throw a hissy fit and force me to restart. At this point I don't know if I'm better off finding what console version did it best and just emulate THAT.

I might not be helping much, but what about GOG version?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #82843 on: August 07, 2015, 02:31:47 am »

The first one or Rogue Spear? The first one didn't work on my Windows 7 too, though I suppose the GOG version is optimized for modern systems. Rogue Spear is working normally after fiddling with Windows compatibility modes, IIRC.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #82844 on: August 07, 2015, 02:48:24 am »

The original, which I'm far more nostalgic for. Apparently the GoG version isn't really fixed up either from what I can see.
Pages: 1 ... 5521 5522 [5523] 5524 5525 ... 11040