Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5468 5469 [5470] 5471 5472 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441443 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #82035 on: July 28, 2015, 04:02:29 pm »

I think it's tied to how much Youtube feels like annoying you at any given moment. It has turned itself on a couple times for me inexplicably.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82036 on: July 28, 2015, 04:06:43 pm »

Pretty sure it switched to my real-name Google account like 5 times back when they made that change.  Eventually gave up, thankfully.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82037 on: July 28, 2015, 04:13:50 pm »

You know... I think beyond it being scary

The one thing that makes me never want to really play Friday night at freddy is probably because it is WAAAAY TOO LOUD!

Seriously! my ears!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #82038 on: July 28, 2015, 04:23:43 pm »

My sister painted her guinea pig's nails before even checking to see if it was safe. (It's not.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82039 on: July 28, 2015, 04:25:00 pm »

Ne... neo. There. Sound. Volume. Control? You can turn the sound down. On, like. Anything? If there's not an option in game, you have, you know, your base OS volume control. If... if too loud. Turn down. Is thing you can do?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82040 on: July 28, 2015, 04:28:12 pm »

But then you can't hear anything, and a good chunk of the games rely on sound almost as much as sight. Some of the games rely on it much more than others.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #82041 on: July 28, 2015, 04:29:18 pm »

The latest one had the sound issue so bad that Scott actually had to turn up a crucial in-game sound so that people would know it existed

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #82042 on: July 28, 2015, 04:30:49 pm »

... "turn down" does not mean you have to mute it (though you can, and I do for most games, personally), BF. Just adjust it to so you can hear what you need to without it being obnoxious, yeah?

Sounds like the sound direction may have issues, which... sure. Can be problem. Never going to play the things myself to find out, though :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82043 on: July 28, 2015, 04:58:20 pm »

Sounds like those youtube videos which are intentionally quiet, which is something that happens accidentally on Youtube a lot (And I understand why, now...  Things I uploaded are *significantly* quieter on Youtube).
And then have a screamer at the end, haha, how clever.

Except in this case if you turn the volume down too low, you'll miss important information?  Nice.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82044 on: July 28, 2015, 05:01:53 pm »

For a bunch of seven foot tall, murderous, and fairly broken/malfunctioning robots, they sure are pretty stealthy.

Shit will be practically silent, and then suddenly a robot skeleton is screaming in your face.

Fairly dark, too. Easy to miss visual cues because of the lighting, or because of the faux camera malfunctions.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82045 on: July 28, 2015, 05:16:25 pm »

The mix of audio can definitely make it hard to hear some things without others being unbearably loud. I'm partially deaf, and with certain films that are particularly badly mixed I'll have the volume up to the point that gunfire/explosions/dramatic music are shaking every pane of glass in my house before I can hear whatever the actors are mumbling about- and even then I'll probably miss some plot-critical line and have to rewind. Thank fuck for subtitles. :P

That reminds me, I really need to do something about creating a subtitle app for a mobile phone/tablet...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82046 on: July 28, 2015, 05:21:43 pm »

You know it's a fairly decent winter when it's not cold getting into bed first thing of a night - it's nothing, followed by painful.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #82047 on: July 28, 2015, 05:23:11 pm »

Why the fuck is it so hot lately? Ugh!

I feel like if I went outside with some eggs for a few minutes they'd be boiled and ready to eat.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #82048 on: July 28, 2015, 05:24:54 pm »

It's a really hot winter here too. Eighteen degrees yesterday. Was pretty darn hot.

I was going to get my parents to pay for this semester's course, but apparently it went through on my student loan without me doing anything. Now I have even more debt.

Why is bureaucracy efficient at all the wrong times
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82049 on: July 28, 2015, 05:27:34 pm »

Because the bureaucracy benefits from being efficient at all the right times - those times where it would hurt you.

I wish I could blackmail my parents into paying for everything, but we can barely afford the house as it is. So debt it is, then...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 5468 5469 [5470] 5471 5472 ... 11040