Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5425 5426 [5427] 5428 5429 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14446082 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #81390 on: July 22, 2015, 05:21:42 pm »

So instead I was told that tomorrow I will have to put the boxes onto the shelf above where the slips were originally stored.
You seem to be saying that tomorrow is "Bring a Pulley and/or a Carryall Hand Truck* to Work Day."

And some rope. or maybe a small trebuchet

Maybe smaller boxes if you're actually being sensible instead of awesome, I'unno.

*Why in the name of zeus does those things have some many goddamn names!? "hand truck, also known as a two wheeler, stack truck, trolley, trundler, box cart, trolley truck, sack barrow, sack truck, dolly, or bag barrow"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:27:56 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81391 on: July 22, 2015, 05:31:36 pm »

Also called a pump truck, pallet, platform, skid, cart, or buggy.

But all those things could also be completely unrelated objects.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81392 on: July 22, 2015, 07:16:10 pm »

So apparently Phantasy Star Online 2, a game that had Americans waiting for about 3 years for an english version dropped the IP block on it's only english version a few days ago.   I found out about this and the game's population literally tripled overnight according to long time players ingame.  Many die hard Phantasy Star fans including myself simply did not question it and created accounts for the game and tried it out.

It turns out that the ip block being lifted was just a temporary measure to try and fix a connection bug or another and the IP block just got reinstated.  While I hadn't, thank Armok, many of my friends paid for 30 days premium status on the game.  There was no word on this, word from asiasoft, who is apparently running that version, not even any kind of notification ingame when it became clear that their population numbers just exploded, with only one possible cause, and tons of media coverage.

My major WTF is why the hell are they so allergic to money?  They doubled their income and injected new life into a dying game for three days and then just decide "Nope, their money is not good enough."  And shut very willing paying customers out.  Most of my friends got no replies to their support tickets, but admittedly it has only been a day.  One claimed that they got a response citing the ToS that mentions that Asiasoft can cancel service at any time and without warning.

The only real reason I can think of that they would do this is a literal bait and switch cash grab, let westerners in for just long enough to convince them to pay money then put up a wall.  That's like paying an entry fee at the door to a club and then being told that they never said that they would let you in.  There was even multiple media outlets saying the ipblock was down for good.  But even then I can't think of the logic in it, they'd make just as much keeping the ip block down, possibly more, and not risk a scandal.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 07:21:06 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81393 on: July 22, 2015, 07:20:19 pm »

It looks... Exactly the same.

Also http://psychic-vr-lab.com/deepdream/pics/257716.html

Needs more demondogue. Will be redreaming this.
That's a good 'un.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #81394 on: July 22, 2015, 07:22:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe they didn't have the hardware - like servers or something - to support a sudden influx in players like that and they decided to stick with the plan of debugging rather than release early.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81395 on: July 22, 2015, 07:26:20 pm »

Maybe they didn't have the hardware - like servers or something - to support a sudden influx in players like that and they decided to stick with the plan of debugging rather than release early.
I suppose that's a possibility.  But during my time of playing no server ever went above yellow population status.  Some of the lobbies were full, but only beginner help and chat.  there were at least 10 more lobbies with plenty of space.   I don't know about the backend, but from the player viewable side of things it looked like the population could double again with little issue.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81396 on: July 22, 2015, 07:50:42 pm »

So instead I was told that tomorrow I will have to put the boxes onto the shelf above where the slips were originally stored.
You seem to be saying that tomorrow is "Bring a Pulley and/or a Carryall Hand Truck* to Work Day."

Maybe smaller boxes if you're actually being sensible instead of awesome, I'unno.

*Why in the name of zeus does those things have some many goddamn names!? "hand truck, also known as a two wheeler, stack truck, trolley, trundler, box cart, trolley truck, sack barrow, sack truck, dolly, or bag barrow"
All you people managed to forget "that wheely thing you stack boxes on that isn't one of those flat cart thingies"?  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81397 on: July 22, 2015, 07:54:44 pm »

Kawachi is surprisingly maneuverable when it takes 5 DDs to torp you. Or maybe I'm just unlucky to run into 5 DDs trying to torp me.

WoWS funtimes.

Edit. I meant to post this on the game thread but it seemed appropriate so it's staying here. Thank god my sleepy brain posted it somewhere relevant.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 08:01:02 pm by majikero »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81398 on: July 22, 2015, 08:07:00 pm »

All you people managed to forget "that wheely thing you stack boxes on that isn't one of those flat cart thingies"?  ;P

I'm confused now. Are we talking about this:
Or this:
Or this:
Or this:
Or this?

Doesn't matter. The boxes are going into the exact same room they are being packed in. The annoying part is that the shelf they go on is taller than my reach is. Still better than bringing them from one end of the factory to another, then up two stories of stairs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #81399 on: July 22, 2015, 08:21:58 pm »

Or this?
I want one. I'll take 20.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #81400 on: July 22, 2015, 08:31:43 pm »

Or this:
That. For the bringing of the boxes upstairs, though, not the boxes being put up top. That's what the pulley is for :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81401 on: July 22, 2015, 08:33:50 pm »

Or this?
I want one. I'll take 20.
How much are these going for?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #81402 on: July 22, 2015, 08:46:38 pm »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81403 on: July 22, 2015, 08:55:28 pm »

Once the new Star Wars comes out, there will probably be a few toys made like it.

Apparently it is actually real. Magnets or something, I don't know.

Though they will probably be stupidly expensive.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #81404 on: July 22, 2015, 09:46:31 pm »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 5425 5426 [5427] 5428 5429 ... 11040