Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5342 5343 [5344] 5345 5346 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452283 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #80145 on: July 02, 2015, 11:29:37 am »

Every time I bring my new laptop downstairs, IE walk it past the router, the router silently fails.  The lights don't change and nothing appears in the event log.  But all attached computers report "limited or no internet access", then after a short time they disconnect completely.  Even the wired one can't connect to the router config page.

The only solution is to power-cycle it.  This happens about once a week even if I keep that laptop away, or within minutes of me moving the laptop near it.

Posting for WTF, not expecting free tech support.  It's not a big hassle and the router's over a year old, I'll replace it sometime.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80146 on: July 02, 2015, 11:35:06 am »

Do you use a signal repeater? My laptop sometimes does that when I move around a bit, but usualy only for a minute or two. Ocasionaly it'll decide to do that even if I dont move though, but its rare. It didn't happen when I only had the router itself.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80147 on: July 02, 2015, 11:41:34 am »

Nope, just a router connected to a cable modem.  It affects all attached devices, basically like the router is freezing up.  Doesn't recover after two hours, so I doubt it ever does.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80148 on: July 02, 2015, 11:45:21 am »

-snip-
Ah its all working now, my old man is one of those old sorts who doesn't understand things he doesn't set up to begin with...
The modem router itself is pretty old but for some reason only the 4th port works for the eathernet cable, considering on I used cables it doesn't matter much but after being removed and such I never thought to double check which it was plugged into until after the rage post...

I was also having a few other problems in getting some stupid hardware to work (PC tower needs an upgrade in its shell and minor components too), but yeah it was just the port that was the problem. I am back on the PC now and no longer using the phone...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 11:48:21 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #80149 on: July 02, 2015, 02:09:42 pm »

-snip-
This does explain why there is loot in the dungeon, in general, but it does not explain why that rat just dropped a claymore when it died. Or why there were a hundred silver coins in a pot that would normally be used to store grain. Or why the bandit wasn't using the +12 Boxer Shorts of Invulnerability to save his life. Or how the scheme makes any profit if anyone trying to grab the loot gets killed. Dungeons don't really make any sense.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #80150 on: July 02, 2015, 03:29:57 pm »

NC just had its seventh shark attack in 3 weeks.

Next thing you know, we'll start having drop bear sightings.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80151 on: July 02, 2015, 03:33:14 pm »

IT'S TEH GAYZ MAN

THEY BE MARRYIN' TOO MUCH

MAKING GOD ANGRY

KILL US ALL

COME SOON JESUS

:P

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80152 on: July 02, 2015, 05:21:26 pm »

Rolled up maybe 500 to 1,000 flags on tuesday, and it left my hands hurting like hell. Thumb was sore and swollen the next day, which I kind of expected. Today it is still sore, though not as swollen. But there is a white bump, surrounded by a deep reddish colour.

Is an internal blister possible? I know I fucked that one thumb up; it visibly bleeding inside a tiny bit at the end of the day tuesday, even though I didn't break the skin. I kind of want to split it open in case it's infected or something.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #80153 on: July 02, 2015, 05:37:19 pm »

Rolled up maybe 500 to 1,000 flags on tuesday, and it left my hands hurting like hell. Thumb was sore and swollen the next day, which I kind of expected. Today it is still sore, though not as swollen. But there is a white bump, surrounded by a deep reddish colour.
Now you just need hypoxygenation in the surrounding tissue and you'll have the most patriotic wound imaginable.

Is an internal blister possible? I know I fucked that one thumb up; it visibly bleeding inside a tiny bit at the end of the day tuesday, even though I didn't break the skin. I kind of want to split it open in case it's infected or something.
It very much is possible. Especially with tissue abrasion. Keep an eye on it, but it shouldn't be a problem. Getting infected without breaking the skin is difficult. If it starts to change color or the surrounding tissue gets more inflamed and painful, probably want to have someone look at it. Otherwise, just ice it down and don't do much with that hand if possible.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80154 on: July 02, 2015, 05:51:18 pm »

While talking to some people, I hear someone say Frank Miller is the most badass looking comic book person, and then I carefuly remind them of goddamn Hugo Pratt (who not only looked badass, but was an actual ww2 veteran badass marine).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Requiescat in pace, venetian brother ;~;7
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #80155 on: July 02, 2015, 07:38:42 pm »

Akaribot why
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80157 on: July 02, 2015, 07:45:47 pm »

People are calling the new Fire Emblem game homophobic because of extremely misinterpreted dialog.

Unless you've been living under a rock, you've probably heard of a little game called Fire Emblem Fates (or IF in Japan) for the 3DS.

Welp, I guess I've been living under the rock all this time.
._.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #80158 on: July 02, 2015, 07:47:55 pm »

While talking to some people, I hear someone say Frank Miller is the most badass looking comic book person, and then I carefuly remind them of goddamn Hugo Pratt (who not only looked badass, but was an actual ww2 veteran badass marine).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Requiescat in pace, venetian brother ;~;7

Spoiler: This is badass? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: No, THIS is badass. (click to show/hide)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #80159 on: July 02, 2015, 07:49:25 pm »

People are calling the new Fire Emblem game homophobic because of extremely misinterpreted dialog.

That translation is wrong, too.

Just wait for the actual translation, goddamn.

I love the fact that people are like "DUMB TUMBLR PEOPLE LISTENING AND BELIEVING A SINGLE TUMBLR POST" then immediately believing the first Reddit post that disagrees with it.
Pages: 1 ... 5342 5343 [5344] 5345 5346 ... 11040