Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5309 5310 [5311] 5312 5313 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467076 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #79650 on: June 23, 2015, 09:38:44 pm »

It's the Marathon symbol!
It just happens to look very similar to the Tau symbol, and I have a Tau reference as a tag.  I like both things and the confusion is intentional.
Huh, much like gender.
Why do you have a Marathon elf?
How'd you know the dwarf was an elf  :P
Adil was actually a female dwarf herbalist in Shade-O's ambitious fortress RP game:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69978.0
Then a male elf druid in my first DND campaign.  Which is still going almost 2 years later :o  And while many of my characters have died, he actually graduated to questgiver NPC instead.

As for Marathon, I've loved it since high school.  That's where the 7 in my username comes from...  And, well, the Roland.  Dropping the "d" is from a particularly compelling dream I had.
Somehow that pun has never occurred to me before.  Even though it works really well... huh.

I like Tau pretty well, but what I really like is the concept of Gue'Vesa.  Basically...  A caste for human collaborators within the alien empire.  Yeah, I was part of ADVENT months ago :P

Oh and the cat is my Luki, may she RIP.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:41:33 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #79651 on: June 23, 2015, 09:52:59 pm »

In a watch2gether room with my friend, and he put this in.
whut

Edit: and this john cena plz
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:08:09 pm by Cthulufaic »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #79652 on: June 23, 2015, 10:11:52 pm »

Dungeon of the Endless has a character based on zero suit Samus... and normal Samus.

My first/only win had both of them as my starting characters.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #79653 on: June 23, 2015, 11:32:00 pm »

Watched Idiocracy with the girlfriend. It ends, channel changes back to normal TV, and the show that's on? World's Funniest, the host is the same guy who was President Camacho in the movie, and they're playing a clip where a guy skateboards off a thing and hits himself with his board in frustration.

Guess we're well on our way to 2505.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79654 on: June 23, 2015, 11:35:21 pm »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79655 on: June 23, 2015, 11:36:12 pm »

Watched Idiocracy with the girlfriend. It ends, channel changes back to normal TV, and the show that's on? World's Funniest, the host is the same guy who was President Camacho in the movie, and they're playing a clip where a guy skateboards off a thing and hits himself with his board in frustration.

I was recommended to watch that by a LARP friend over the weekend. I hear it's good.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79656 on: June 23, 2015, 11:57:02 pm »

These instant noodles/ramen that I bought a box of for $8 are weird.
Rather than the standard setup I've become accustomed to, with a couple of sachets containing seasoning oil, powder and maybe some onion flakes (this is mi goreng style we're talking about), these have just two sachets- one containing weird little dried bits of spring onions (I think) and what looks like sesame seeds, the other containing an unholy mass of sludge that seems to be seasoning oil, flavour powder and everything else all combined into one.

This means that actually stirring the flavour/vegetables into the cooked noodles is hard.
The first bowl I had of it was a pretty big fail: I put all the seasoning stuff in the bowl before straining and adding the noodles, how I usually would. No matter how much I stirred, most of that stuff just stayed at the bottom. The next two times I've been adding the sachets on top, then stirring them in. I think leaving a bit of water helps, too.

...Still, overall the noodles taste alright.
And they were cheap. They're certainly better than the last brand of cheap-arse noodles I bought, even if they do smell a bit like burning rubber.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #79657 on: June 24, 2015, 12:12:11 am »

... they got a brand name? The dried veggies/seasoning liquid combo is standard to one of the microwaved sorts I eat fairly regularly*. Nissin chow mein, specifically.

*Or would, except the local places that carry them have been permanently sold out of the non-spicy teriyaki beef for... months. You'd think they'd get the hint when they've got four or five of those display boxes mostly full of the spicy and chicken versions and absolutely none of its much-better-tasting non-spicy beef kin, but no. Apparently not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #79658 on: June 24, 2015, 12:13:03 am »

The manufacturer probably assumes you're making a broth for the noodles, as is customary among civilized folk.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79659 on: June 24, 2015, 12:53:06 am »

Really, when have we divided our populations into 'smart' and 'stupid' before.
Only capitalism and scholarships have started doing that.
Although capitalism is probably better for dividing between 'motivated' and 'unmotivated'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #79660 on: June 24, 2015, 01:00:14 am »

Was there just some kind of update to the forum format, or is there something wrong with my computer?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79661 on: June 24, 2015, 01:01:24 am »

e: Not that I can tell. Did your browse zoom itself?

I was recommended to watch that by a LARP friend over the weekend. I hear it's good.
Very. It's an absolute barrel of laughs, you'll have fun with it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 01:04:43 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #79662 on: June 24, 2015, 01:01:50 am »

If there has been, boh, I can't see it on my end. Things look as they've long looked.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79663 on: June 24, 2015, 01:07:16 am »

The manufacturer probably assumes you're making a broth for the noodles, as is customary among civilized folk.
No no, the directions are quite clear on draining the water from them before mixing with the seasoning.
Also, instant-noodle-broth is gross, what are you, eight?! :P

@Frumple: The brand appears to be Oriental Hut, owned by Grocery Aust.
Both are (allegedly) Australian-owned companies, so I would be surprised if they were sold anywhere else in the world.
Unless there's some big market for foreign cheapo noodles, I guess.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #79664 on: June 24, 2015, 02:04:02 am »

If there has been, boh, I can't see it on my end. Things look as they've long looked.

So the format hasn't been streamlined, the advanced search button isn't crossed out and the icons aren't missing in the post reply box?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 5309 5310 [5311] 5312 5313 ... 11037