Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5130 5131 [5132] 5133 5134 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14493977 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #76965 on: May 20, 2015, 11:54:18 am »

Keep a spray bottle in the room. Spray the cat whenever it is in the room. Eventually the cat will no longer wish to be in the room.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76966 on: May 20, 2015, 11:55:45 am »

The cat is woefully starved for attention

I used to be the primary person who showered the cat with attention and affection but I ended up becoming allergic to her (AND got Asthma)... so I rarely do much with the cat and often wash my hands immediately after petting her (because if I don't my eyes will look like I am a stoner)

So there is no way I could convince the cat to stay out.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #76967 on: May 20, 2015, 12:02:07 pm »

did you try utilizing the power of doors

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76968 on: May 20, 2015, 12:02:24 pm »

Shower the cat in attention when she's not in the room and spray her when she is. She will eventually learn to associate being in the room with bad things, and not being in the room with good things.

Also, tape a big sign to your door that says "NO CATS! ALLERGIES!" or something to that effect.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76969 on: May 20, 2015, 12:04:29 pm »

Why is it that when I call someone to find legal help, someone who specializes in getting legal help to people who have no money and don't know what they're doing, that that someone sends me piggybacking to someone else, who sends me someone else far outside the county who will charge me money to even consider helping me, but within seconds of using a blind Google search I find several attorney offices much closer who do not have initial consultation fees?

The ones I found are not, strictly speaking, close by, but are still within this county, and very likely within range of bus transportation.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76970 on: May 20, 2015, 12:12:16 pm »

My cat might be weird then.  Other than begging to be let inside during the day (which we allow) she pretty much just sleeps on my bed between all the tangled up blankets and gives anyone the stink eye who bothers her.  Then begs to be let out when the sun goes down, and if she doesn't get let out she becomes hyperactive and super needy.

Ignoring the cat when she's in yer room might work.  From some old likely quack pet psyche book I read a few years ago apparently cats equate being ignored as some kind of punishment.  So ignoring the cat when it's in your room and giving it attention outside may work without having to go spray bottle.   ....probably not though.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76971 on: May 20, 2015, 12:12:46 pm »

The trailer for the new AssCred game has a britbong speaking. He uses the words "bloody" and "bloke" in the first minute. He is very clearly not sporting an accent or dialect where either is appropriate in normal speech.

NINJEDIT:
My cat might be weird then.  Other than begging to be let inside during the day (which we allow) she pretty much just sleeps on my bed between all the tangled up blankets and gives anyone the stink eye who bothers her.  Then begs to be let out when the sun goes down, and if she doesn't get let out she becomes hyperactive and super needy.
No that sounds about normal. I think the cat has willingly come to sit on my lap a single time. Besides that it's either curling up by legs for warmth or wanting something.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #76972 on: May 20, 2015, 12:58:06 pm »

Yeah, cats generally have a very large range of how much attention any individual needs or wants. Some won't leave your side and sits on you every chance they get, others just occasionally approaches you or never do.
Love, scriver~

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76973 on: May 20, 2015, 01:37:25 pm »

*sigh*

Its a pretty sad sight when your the only one in your class who actually shows up for the class when theres a substitute. More a WTF than a sad thread thing, but still, gotta feel bad for them; :/
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76974 on: May 20, 2015, 01:54:45 pm »

Take the opportunity to shit talk your classmate with your substitute teacher :v !
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #76975 on: May 20, 2015, 02:52:45 pm »

Alternatively, ask all the stupid questions you've been holding onto because you're not an asshole who holds up the lecture constantly to ask for clarification on miniscule points that probably won't even be on the test.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #76976 on: May 20, 2015, 03:25:12 pm »

The trailer for the new AssCred game has a britbong speaking. He uses the words "bloody" and "bloke" in the first minute. He is very clearly not sporting an accent or dialect where either is appropriate in normal speech.
Bloody video game developer blokes obviously didn't bother getting research on accurate ranges of bloody proper british accents. Bloody yanks using stereotypes, eh wot wot?

:P
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76977 on: May 20, 2015, 03:26:13 pm »

I seem to have a penchant for getting into dumb arguments constantly...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #76978 on: May 20, 2015, 03:28:43 pm »

SHUT UP! NO YOU DON'T!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #76979 on: May 20, 2015, 03:41:49 pm »

SHUT UP! NO YOU DON'T!
Indeed. If I had to state one problem you did have it wouldn't be that you are getting into dumb arguments (it would be that you could be slightly more clear about exactly what you are saying at times). As a person who's gone up against you in some of those "stupid arguments", I'd say at least a fair chunk of them just happen due to misunderstandings.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 5130 5131 [5132] 5133 5134 ... 11037