Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5108 5109 [5110] 5111 5112 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494570 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #76635 on: May 18, 2015, 08:47:10 am »

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:15:44 pm by penguinofhonor »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76636 on: May 18, 2015, 08:50:48 am »

I am starting to wonder if I asked people to help me with this pathfinder setting I am making if I'd actually get some help hmmm...

I certainly need to write more about this setting to get anyone interested... I'll test it out because that is way too much work for myself just for a game that I have a 50/50 shot of anyone wanting to join :P

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76637 on: May 18, 2015, 09:38:42 am »

You know, I'm not really the type of person that enjoys candy, most of the time. However, while spending the weekend with my girlfriend (who LOOOOOVES candy and will devour them at any time of the day) and buying a basket of several different types of candy (flavours ranging from sweet chocolate to sour candy), I suddenly developed a craving for candy and we just ate all of it while on the bed chatting for hours. After I got home, my craving for candy completely disappeared.

Somehow, just spending time with her and watching her eat candy makes me crave for candy as well. We're both really thin and slender mind you, and we both have absurd metabolism.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #76638 on: May 18, 2015, 09:41:43 am »

Just watch out for that diabeetus

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76639 on: May 18, 2015, 10:13:12 am »

Somehow, just spending time with her and watching her eat candy makes me crave for candy as well.
A sweetie making you crave sweets? :p

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76640 on: May 18, 2015, 11:23:12 am »

Couldn't sleep last night. Parents and whoever the hell else was there were still up and talking(and one of the dogs barking) till close to midnight. All the lights in the neighborhood also seemed to be shining directly at my face, and I have little to block the window with. Woke up(sorta) to find that my computer decided to randomly delete several folders, not files, but entire folders, including my KSP save that I've been working on for at least a week. No idea how that happened.

Then the attorney group I called on Friday returns my call, referring me to three other attorneys in an area code I don't recognize, all of whom require $25 up front for the first consultation, and I assume it only multiplies from there. Considering that I originally called a group that handles people with little or no income(currently in the latter bracket myself) who don't take any fees for what they do, I had originally assumed that justice didn't cost money. Of course, that was stupid. Justice belongs to those with money, and laws only protect those who break them.

Suffice to say, I am not having a good morning. Right now, I just want to scream until I can't breathe, and then keep screaming using blood or vomit or whatever else comes out to carry the sound.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #76642 on: May 18, 2015, 11:37:09 am »

Couldn't sleep last night. Parents and whoever the hell else was there were still up and talking(and one of the dogs barking) till close to midnight. All the lights in the neighborhood also seemed to be shining directly at my face, and I have little to block the window with. Woke up(sorta) to find that my computer decided to randomly delete several folders, not files, but entire folders, including my KSP save that I've been working on for at least a week. No idea how that happened.

Could your computer have been tampered with?

And have you checked the recycle bin folder? maybe the files and folders haven't been permanently deleted yet
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76643 on: May 18, 2015, 11:43:54 am »

And have you checked the recycle bin folder? maybe the files and folders haven't been permanently deleted yet

From what I could tell, it happened during the cleanup of that registry corruption the other day. The save folder was one of the folders that CHKDISK flagged as having something wrong with it. I can't remember what step of CHKDISK it was noticed, or what the other folders/files were, either.

Nobody could have physically tampered with it, I'm the only one with access to it/knowledge of how to computer, and the only time I left it alone was when CHKDISK(which takes several hours for an integrity scan) was running. Might have been a virus picked up off of those Humble Store games I bought the day before all that happened, since that's when stuff started happening.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76644 on: May 18, 2015, 12:04:09 pm »

Damn. I always thought pilots made a decent living off their skill.
Apparently I was wrong.

Just googled the pay rate for pilots here (Australia) & the average is $68216 which isn't that high considering the job. I've meet a few people who were pilots & the amount of money you need to pay in flying lessons just to fly a commercial light aircraft is pretty high. Then you need to rack up a ridiculous no. of flight hours before they'll let you near a larger commercial jet. The upfront cost in training is a lot.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #76645 on: May 18, 2015, 12:05:40 pm »

Post 9/11 they took major hits in salary IIRC. My friends dad used to make a killing working for the airlines as a pilot. Now, not so much.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76646 on: May 18, 2015, 12:09:20 pm »

You would think their salary would have had a major increase after 9/11, considering the new hazard associated with the job. I realize that airline hijacking was nothing new by then, but just killing everyone as opposed to more conventional uses for hostages was unprecedented as far as I know. I would certainly want more pay knowing the paradigm had shifted like that.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:11:15 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76647 on: May 18, 2015, 12:09:36 pm »

From what I could tell, it happened during the cleanup of that registry corruption the other day. The save folder was one of the folders that CHKDISK flagged as having something wrong with it. I can't remember what step of CHKDISK it was noticed, or what the other folders/files were, either.

Nobody could have physically tampered with it, I'm the only one with access to it/knowledge of how to computer, and the only time I left it alone was when CHKDISK(which takes several hours for an integrity scan) was running. Might have been a virus picked up off of those Humble Store games I bought the day before all that happened, since that's when stuff started happening.

Look for a folder called found.000 or something like that. Inside, you will find more files with similar names. That is where your files went. CHKDSK moves orphaned cluster chains (files that lose their handle in the  MFT) to this location.  Good luck getting the correct file names back.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76648 on: May 18, 2015, 12:21:47 pm »

You would think their salary would have had a major increase after 9/11, considering the new hazard associated with the job. I realize that airline hijacking was nothing new by then, but just killing everyone as opposed to more conventional uses for hostages was unprecedented as far as I know. I would certainly want more pay knowing the paradigm had shifted like that.
No, you see, the more dangerous the job is, the less you get paid. That's why the least dangerous of all jobs, CEO, gets biggest salaries.

The proper explanation for this that you get paid not proportional to amount of work you need to do, or the difficulty of the task - you get paid proportional to your social status. And higher social status jobs are obviously less dangerous.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 12:24:21 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #76649 on: May 18, 2015, 12:27:01 pm »

Post 9/11 they took major hits in salary IIRC. My friends dad used to make a killing working for the airlines as a pilot. Now, not so much.
Pun?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 5108 5109 [5110] 5111 5112 ... 11037