Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5110 5111 [5112] 5113 5114 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14501773 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #76665 on: May 18, 2015, 02:31:28 pm »

Only to ensure a "terrorist" doesn't hijack his account and say something that makes him look bad. Plausible deniability, you know.

I would have thought that the NSA's very high tech algorithms would have triggered on the account, what with him having a middle eastern sounding name, therefore automatically making him suspicious.

Satire.
This is a blank sig.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #76666 on: May 18, 2015, 02:32:50 pm »

inb4 potus is pathos

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #76667 on: May 18, 2015, 02:33:49 pm »

That would make too much sense.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #76668 on: May 18, 2015, 02:48:38 pm »

pootis

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76669 on: May 18, 2015, 02:51:29 pm »

Should not have talked alignment with a friend of mine. I'm sure people are tired of hearing about this guy, but this time he will end up being an outright asshole to the group.

I mentioned a somewhat obscure lawful good god that is very knight templar in behaviour. Paladins that follow him can get away with killing anything that's not good simply because they are not good. Even if they have surrendered and are begging for mercy, or are otherwise completely harmless.

He's going to act in a psychotic, practically chaotic evil manner in an as of yet undetermined campaign, simply because there will be no repercussions for his character, and he will be able to get away with it. He will act this way towards other players as well, which will cause shit. Purposely starting in-party conflict will hopefully not be allowed.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #76670 on: May 18, 2015, 02:54:10 pm »

So have the Chaotic-Something rogue knife him in his sleep.

I have no trouble putting down party members who are designed to be disruptive. Better one session of drama than unending sessions of drama because one person brings the entire thing to a halt because of their activities.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76671 on: May 18, 2015, 02:59:19 pm »

No repercussions? Let him get arrested/killed by the town guards the first time he murders some poor dude, and refuse to help him when that happens. When he gets pissy, point out that religion is not an excuse to break the law.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76672 on: May 18, 2015, 03:24:44 pm »

I hope he doesn't end up trying it.

He'd probably get pissy if something happened to the character. He usually does. Not to the extent that I've seen others react, but I think he gets a bit more attached to his characters than others do. Always trying to put a ton of effort into them.

Either that or he thinks that if he makes a memorable enough character, he'll somehow magically get famous and turn into the Spoony One. I know that he's stolen a lot of stuff from Spoony's videos, and claimed the ideas as his own.

He doesn't play to have fun so much as he plays to win. I think I've mentioned that though. He feels that if he isn't outshining everyone else in the party, then he's doing something wrong. Even when he's DM. And he's not afraid to metagame or cheat to make sure he's best in the party.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #76673 on: May 18, 2015, 03:34:29 pm »

No repercussions? Let him get arrested/killed by the town guards the first time he murders some poor dude, and refuse to help him when that happens. When he gets pissy, point out that religion is not an excuse to break the law.
The character would probably scream about how "HE IS THE LAW".
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #76674 on: May 18, 2015, 03:37:17 pm »

Should not have talked alignment with a friend of mine. I'm sure people are tired of hearing about this guy, but this time he will end up being an outright asshole to the group.
I mentioned a somewhat obscure lawful good god that is very knight templar in behaviour. Paladins that follow him can get away with killing anything that's not good simply because they are not good. Even if they have surrendered and are begging for mercy, or are otherwise completely harmless.
He's going to act in a psychotic, practically chaotic evil manner in an as of yet undetermined campaign, simply because there will be no repercussions for his character, and he will be able to get away with it. He will act this way towards other players as well, which will cause shit. Purposely starting in-party conflict will hopefully not be allowed.
I don't see a problem with being HAMMER OF THE LAW out to EXECUTE IN THE NAME OF JUSTICE, completely irrespective of whether such BASED CONVICTION exacerbates the problem, or fixes it, or replaces it with a new problem. A la Judge Dredd, or someone who subscribes to virtue morality and just so happens to also be a walking god of war.
Providing this actually involves RP of course, and isn't just "detect evil, now I kill."
Though then again, DMs can always just have a good person show up as evil on such a detect evil test just to screw with aforementioned paladin and make them fall if they deserve it.
Sirus's idea's also pretty good. Follow the LAW and not kill all EVIL peasants, or break the LAW and come afoul of GOOD people trying to enforce the LAWWWWWW.

I seem to recall one fatguy sess where two of the members of their party, one a paladin and the other a dwarf had an undying hatred of orcs. See an orc, kill an orc. And there was no arguing over whether to kill an orc child was an evil act, no you kill that orc. They had both just slaughtered another warband of orcs when the paladin was knocked over a ledge by a charging orc. The dwarf caught his arm before he fell for good. The paladin's helmet fell off, revealing for the first time just what the paladin was. The paladin was an orc.
Urist McDwarf lets go of his hand. And to paraphrase fataguy anon:
>our pfw
:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Situations can always be spicy when you have the right ingredients

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76675 on: May 18, 2015, 03:39:46 pm »

The character would probably scream about how "HE IS THE LAW".
LAAAWWW

But yeah, let him get killed, and then tell him to shut up if he complains.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76676 on: May 18, 2015, 03:40:51 pm »

Sounds to me like he'll use it to be a dick, from Flyme's earlier post.
You should be ready to conspire to fuck him over. Does anybody have that /tg/ screencap about the mutagen of horse cock in a Pathfinder game?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76677 on: May 18, 2015, 03:42:03 pm »

What.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76678 on: May 18, 2015, 03:42:37 pm »

This isn't the type of god who demands you kill all evil on sight. Instead it's kill all non-good on sight.

They're completely innocent? Don't care. They aren't good, and none are worthy of redemption. Because he is the god of VENGEANCE, DESTRUCTION, AND RAGE.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76679 on: May 18, 2015, 03:44:46 pm »

The obvious answer is obvious-- Lawful good aligned god.  Violations of the law go against the alignment of the god.  The god is clearly fickle-- just send another paladin of that god to kill him for violating the law in his purging of non-good aligned characters-- Legally, with a legal writ of execution.

;)

PROPERLY playing such a paladin would be an enormously humorous proposition.  On the one hand, you would be driven to massacre everything and anyone who is not a god kissing goodie two shoes who also slavishly obeys the law down to the tiniest letter.  On the other hand, the lawful alignment would cause some curious restrictions on public behavior;  Such as, not picking fights in public (Disorderly conduct is against the law!), being FORCED to respect the beliefs of others, even if they are of non-good alignment (if the law has nondiscrimination clauses in it! Muahahah!) and other fun shennanigans.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:50:36 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 5110 5111 [5112] 5113 5114 ... 11037