Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5081 5082 [5083] 5084 5085 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14512901 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #76230 on: May 13, 2015, 05:49:14 pm »

I haven't got a car, and don't fancy walking as far as I would have to to go buy things. I can't seem to find anything, since I don't understand why things are put away the way they are. Plus, as I mentioned, I ate microwaved noodles.

My mom keeps promising to teach me to cook, probably to spite my stepmom when she taught me a bit of cooking last year. My mom still hasn't taught me anything aside from a half-assed how-to for scrambled eggs.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #76231 on: May 13, 2015, 05:55:01 pm »

I'd advise you start teaching yourself how to cook.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76232 on: May 13, 2015, 06:00:07 pm »

Start with chili like the above recipe, its easy to make and healthy.  Its just tomato sauce, beans and whatever vegis and spices you got.

(I don't put crackers in mine, but sometimes I put corn chips in it).

Edit:  And if you make a lot it stores in the freezer forever.  I found a two month old thing of chili in the back of the freezer the other day, defrosted it and it tasted great.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 06:04:40 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #76233 on: May 13, 2015, 06:07:33 pm »

I'd advise you start teaching yourself how to cook.
Yeah, as I mentioned 90% of learning how to cook is literally googling the recipe that you want to make and following any instructions. There's really not much more to it to "teach" until you get to the "cooking as an art" level as opposed to the "cooking so I can eat" one. :P (And with a bit more googling you can often start to get into the "cooking as an art" bit too, with tips for what seasoning to use for what type of dishes, for example).

I mean it's simple enough that at times I have difficulty understanding when people say "I can't cook", because going from ingredients to something that is at least edible doesn't really take any know-how at all.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #76234 on: May 13, 2015, 06:09:42 pm »

and here i am cooking the same food every day for like a year or so

maybe i should learn how to cook too >.>

nah who am i kidding

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76235 on: May 13, 2015, 06:19:43 pm »

The crap are you doing, UK. You're taking all the crazy the us politicians hold onto most of the time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #76236 on: May 13, 2015, 06:26:10 pm »

How is that even remotely acceptable in UK politics.

I mean I could understand that happening in the US, but in the UK? Really?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76237 on: May 13, 2015, 06:28:22 pm »

UK conservatism is fairly weird.

Usually people accuse liberals and left-wing people of being all nanny-state and interfering in things :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #76238 on: May 13, 2015, 06:29:24 pm »

Plus, as I mentioned, I ate microwaved noodles.

My mom keeps promising to teach me to cook, probably to spite my stepmom when she taught me a bit of cooking last year. My mom still hasn't taught me anything aside from a half-assed how-to for scrambled eggs.
Microwaved noodles are an excellent place to start, actually, imo. The first step on the road to culinary enlightenment is realizing you can put those noodles in other things, and other things in those noodles.

Like, what I'm eating right now is freaking delicious, and all it is is two different sorts of microwaved noodles mixed together with instant mashed potatoes, some cheese, and re-warmed leftover chicken, with (portions, since using the full seasoning packs on these things is a little excessive) of the various seasonings thrown in plus some pepper. Cooked the lot of it in the microwave. Noodles go together with a lot of stuff, and a lot of stuff goes together with noodles. They're a pretty good base to start experimenting with.

If you've got bread and a toaster, chopped up toast is also an excellent additive to whatever you're cooking. Discount croûtons! Or just straight up croûtons if you feel like seasoning them. Honestly doesn't go all that well with plain noodles, but noodles thickened with something like mashed potatoes, or drained of the broth (which is perfectly tasty drained into a cup and drank, most of the time), and it's pretty solid for thirty cents and less than ten minutes.

The simple rules of ultra-beginning cooking:

Rule 1: Take what's on hand you find edible.
Rule 2: Heat until safely edible.
Rule 3: Stick it all in a bowl.
Rule 4: Stir until well mixed.

That's it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #76239 on: May 13, 2015, 06:30:53 pm »

The crap are you doing, UK. You're taking all the crazy the us politicians hold onto most of the time.
Please tell me this is the best absurdist work since Waiting for Godot.

Please.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76240 on: May 13, 2015, 06:44:02 pm »

Plus, as I mentioned, I ate microwaved noodles.

Microwaved noodles are an excellent place to start, actually, imo. The first step on the road to culinary enlightenment is realizing you can put those noodles in other things, and other things in those noodles.
Of all things, clicking those gorramn images on macromeme helped me improve my cooking.
http://macromeme.com/dog/ramen-infograph.html

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #76241 on: May 13, 2015, 06:49:36 pm »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76242 on: May 13, 2015, 06:50:48 pm »

Its not a bad painting, huh. I'd kinda been expecting worse with a title like that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76243 on: May 13, 2015, 06:52:15 pm »

The cheetoes tho.

Can't he just toss them himself?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 5081 5082 [5083] 5084 5085 ... 11037