Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5048 5049 [5050] 5051 5052 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14518489 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75735 on: May 05, 2015, 04:32:57 pm »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:10:16 pm by penguinofhonor »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75736 on: May 05, 2015, 04:35:34 pm »

They can make a viral dance video where downing a can of coke is one of the signature moves. They're probably working on that as we speak.

In the Harlem Shake case, the whole "fad" literally lasted 7 days (feb 8-13) before it was declared "dead". This short lifespan could be the sign of a fake viral campaign. A real viral video should spread for weeks. So there was no true viral momentum and it was the media outlets creating a false sense of viral spreading.

Of course, years of actual viral videos have primed the market of eyes ready to jump on the next big thing.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 04:41:41 pm by Reelya »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75737 on: May 05, 2015, 04:36:26 pm »

They can make a viral dance video where downing a can of coke is one of the signature moves. They're probably working on that as we speak.
Please drink your Verification Can™ to continue.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #75738 on: May 05, 2015, 04:37:32 pm »

i find it funny that we're talking about the harlem shake right after discussing filthy frank n' cringe

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #75739 on: May 05, 2015, 04:44:30 pm »

why are you using the word "cringe" when you probably mean "sneer" anyway
Personally I was using the term "cringe" because the intro to that weaboo video made me literally very uncomfortable. Having never seen any of his videos before, and wearing headphones, and having that whispering in my eardrums...it was creepy yo.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75740 on: May 05, 2015, 05:03:31 pm »

One of the players in my Pathfinder group is being salty. The same one who is playing the four-armed bullshit character. Which he was only allowed on the condition that he wouldn't bitch about other peoples' character/playstyle choices. He bitched about some of our characters anyways. Complained that most people didn't choose the classes he told them to play as.

He's mad that we started playing without him. After he said he wouldn't be coming, and then ended up showing up four-and-a-half hours late to the game.

This is also the Bad DMTM that I've mentioned before. And the same guy that tries to control my game-time when we are online at the same time.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #75741 on: May 05, 2015, 05:06:27 pm »

One of the players in my Pathfinder group is being salty. The same one who is playing the four-armed bullshit character. Which he was only allowed on the condition that he wouldn't bitch about other peoples' character/playstyle choices. He bitched about some of our characters anyways. Complained that most people didn't choose the classes he told them to play as.

He's mad that we started playing without him. After he said he wouldn't be coming, and then ended up showing up four-and-a-half hours late to the game.

This is also the Bad DMTM that I've mentioned before. And the same guy that tries to control my game-time when we are online at the same time.
I wonder how this guy hasn't been excluded from the group already.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75742 on: May 05, 2015, 05:10:37 pm »

'Cuz we're all friends and most of us have known each other since grade school.

He shouldn't be a DM though. Makes up rules, unfairly punishes players, and spends a disturbing amount of time describing one of his DMPCs.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75743 on: May 05, 2015, 05:16:41 pm »

filthy frank cringe

I also cringed, but that's my typical response to that whole category of personality videos on youtube (I actually use adblock to prevent things like youtube recommendations and the entire front page from loading, just to avoid seeing the thumbnails of videos like this). Something about the fake voices, shock humor and edge, ironic character playing... just doesn't do it for me, it's like the reality TV of the internet.

Then again, I do find weaboos and anime obsession disturbing, and once I got past the cringe and affectation I did find that video funny. People need to lay off the chinese cartoons and mango books, if you ask me. That was a joke, I've seen a few episodes of Attack on Titan, so we're cool, right?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #75744 on: May 05, 2015, 05:17:51 pm »

'Cuz we're all friends and most of us have known each other since grade school.

He shouldn't be a DM though. Makes up rules, unfairly punishes players, and spends a disturbing amount of time describing one of his DMPCs.
Unanimously revoke DM privileges. A king without a kingdom is just a noisy bird.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #75745 on: May 05, 2015, 05:19:14 pm »

Then you can eat the bird, and it'll stop being noisy!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #75746 on: May 05, 2015, 05:45:15 pm »

filthy frank cringe

I also cringed, but that's my typical response to that whole category of personality videos on youtube (I actually use adblock to prevent things like youtube recommendations and the entire front page from loading, just to avoid seeing the thumbnails of videos like this). Something about the fake voices, shock humor and edge, ironic character playing... just doesn't do it for me, it's like the reality TV of the internet.

Then again, I do find weaboos and anime obsession disturbing, and once I got past the cringe and affectation I did find that video funny. People need to lay off the chinese cartoons and mango books, if you ask me. That was a joke, I've seen a few episodes of Attack on Titan, so we're cool, right?

I was gonna say something before I remembered my Hora and checked for invisitext.  :P

But yeah, that's what most honest and informed discussion of weeaboos comes down to -- the animus are just a path for expression that happens to be popular with people whose issues are profoundly personal. If they didn't have that outlet, they'd find something else. Somewhat ironically, a lot of weeabooisms are similar to chuunibyou behavior.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #75747 on: May 05, 2015, 06:12:55 pm »

Blackadder is far better than Mr Bean
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75748 on: May 05, 2015, 07:22:56 pm »

Well that's just stating the obvious.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #75749 on: May 05, 2015, 07:25:44 pm »

I asked a first grader who I let play on my 3DS on the bus sometimes if he knew what a lawyer does, since he saw me playing a few glimpses of Ace Attorney here and there.

His response was, "they... kill people?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 5048 5049 [5050] 5051 5052 ... 11037