Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5038 5039 [5040] 5041 5042 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14516689 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75585 on: May 02, 2015, 10:02:59 pm »

An old story but I just came across this:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/oct/23/italian-scientist-earthquake-condemns-court
6 Italian seismology experts got convicted to prison for not "predicting" a deadly earthquake despite their being no such technology that could have predicted it. Basically they have a lot of seismic activity in Italy, and one time the experts didn't think there was going to be an earthquake after some slight tremors, but there was a big one. A lot of the countries seismologists retired after the court case, or just refuse to comment now on any earthquake chances.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 10:09:20 pm by Reelya »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75586 on: May 02, 2015, 10:07:18 pm »

Here is how Multiweapon fighting and natural attacks work

Characters have Primary and Secondary natural attacks

Primary Natural attacks use the full attack bonus (Bite, Claw, Gore, Slam, Sting, and Talons are primary)

Secondary Attacks use the attack bonus -5 (-2 with multiattack)

If you use a weapon all primary natural attacks are considered secondary and take that penalty. Natural attacks do not interfere with weapon use, but obviously if your using a weapon in your left hand, you cannot use your left claw.

If you have three or more arms you can wield more then one weapon. One of those weapons is considered your Primary weapon and the rest off hand. Now the rules don't outright state how this works (annoyingly but there are no races or classes that allow you to have extra arms by default...) but there are two safe interpretations
1) If all your off handed weapons are light then offset the multiweapon fighting penalty by 2
and
2) Off hand weapons take 2 less penalty for being wielded. If all your off hand weapons are light your primary weapon also gets 2 less penalty. (My personal ruling)

Note that you can wield two handed weapons if you have multiple arms as normal. So if you have four arms you can wield two, two handed weapons.

Now there is only ONE difference between Multiweapon Fighting and Two Weapon fighting... Multiweapon fighting isn't used as a prerequisite for any feats. So there is no "improved" or "Greater" version of it.

Though to attack more than once still requires a full attack (though there are some feats and abilities that allow you to do otherwise)

So lets put this all together

A Minotaur with six limbs, horns (gore specifically), six slams (one for each hand), and say 2 tentacles... wields four daggers and attacks with a total attack bonus of 6+/1+

We are going to assume he has multiweapon fighting and multiattack

So first of all since he is using an weapon his gore and slams are considered to be secondary taking a -2 penalty. He can only use two slams because his other arms are taken up by the dagger (I hope I am right and Slam isn't a full body attack). Tentacles are already secondary attacks so they stay the same. He has a light weapon in all his off hands that are wielding weapons so his penalty is -2 in the primary and -2 in the offhand.

He attacks with his primary hand is 4 and -1, Multiweapon attacks are three 4 attacks, gore at 4, two slams at 4, and 2 tentacles at a 4.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75587 on: May 02, 2015, 10:14:27 pm »

Who the fuck thought it would be cute to put so much goddamn sugar in this general tsaos sauce!? This is supposed to be spicy, not sweet! God damn frozen food!

Use that pan and make some yourself :p.

3 Parts Soysauce, 2 Parts Sake, 1 part each Rice Wine Vinegar, Mirin, and Chili paste/sauce. Sweeten and thicken to taste.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75588 on: May 02, 2015, 10:24:05 pm »

Here is how Multiweapon fighting and natural attacks work

Alright, thanks. Though there is one race that I know of that has four limbs, which is the kasatha. A player is using them, and getting four attacks in during a round, and I was curious as to why.

He also four-handed a weapon at one point, which apparently gave him a 2.5x strength modifier to damage.

I've always thought of a slam as a full-body attack, but I don't think I've actually seen a ruling on it anywhere.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #75589 on: May 02, 2015, 10:52:08 pm »

Got Door Kickers recently, and... it makes my computer overheat?  Even though its a totally 2D game.

Granted, my computer started overheating doing other things recently, so it might not be that game in particular...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75590 on: May 02, 2015, 11:12:51 pm »

Have you cleaned the heatsink recently?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75591 on: May 02, 2015, 11:20:07 pm »

... also, totally don't assume that a computer being 2D means it's not a horrific resource drain. I've seen plenty of 2D games that are cheerfully capable of chewing up more CPU et al than even fairly intensive 3D games. It's all a matter of what's being done and how (badly) it's optimized, not so much whether it's 2 or 3D.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75592 on: May 02, 2015, 11:32:12 pm »

eg. Dwarf Fortress.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #75593 on: May 02, 2015, 11:37:26 pm »

Cleverbot is a bit scary
Yeah. Here's my first ever cleverbot conversation:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75594 on: May 02, 2015, 11:38:34 pm »

Cleverbot started to hit on my girlfriend, that was a bit weird.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #75595 on: May 02, 2015, 11:55:47 pm »

No, I have not, and I don't know how to.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #75596 on: May 03, 2015, 12:01:16 am »

No, I have not, and I don't know how to.

Open the case and apply compressed air (either canned or from a regulated air compressor - you'll be fine as long as you drain it or blow it for awhile to remove condesation, just don't crank it up too high) to the fans (immobilize these first) and heat sink.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #75597 on: May 03, 2015, 12:02:21 am »

@cleverbot conversation

Man, I remember my classmates in 8th grade talking about Cleverbot. It's been something like 6 years since then. Wonder if it's improved at all.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #75598 on: May 03, 2015, 12:08:08 am »

AFAIK it's still just clumsily sampling other people's responses.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #75599 on: May 03, 2015, 12:12:42 am »

It's arguably become even less comprehensible due to gathering up so many troll responses.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 5038 5039 [5040] 5041 5042 ... 11037