Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4956 4957 [4958] 4959 4960 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14509092 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #74355 on: April 17, 2015, 07:25:30 pm »

If by "better" you mean "a valid justification to burn the entire country to the ground," yes.

And yeah, squirrels can technically catch rabies but it more or less never happens. Not a primary carrier, only really catches it if around stuff that is (which more or less never happens because most of those things eat squirrels), probably dead if attacked by something infected. They're an incredibly negligible risk for rabies.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #74356 on: April 17, 2015, 07:27:14 pm »

If by "better" you mean "a valid justification to burn the entire country to the ground," yes.
I thought you'd appreciate the fist-sized grasshoppers.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #74357 on: April 17, 2015, 07:28:27 pm »

Also, we don't have squirrels.
Your lives are meaningless.
Hah! We have something better than squirrels.
Spoiler: Giant Weta (click to show/hide)
... I'm going to need a bigger spider.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #74358 on: April 17, 2015, 07:29:42 pm »

Well I get that it's wetas, not grasshoppers, but now I have the image in my head of fist sized locust swarms. Lovely.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:33:42 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74359 on: April 17, 2015, 07:30:46 pm »

I'm fine with the head-span leg-span spiders. Everything else with an exoskeleton in that size range has to die in a fire.

What the hell kind of hook do you even stick those things on, and what kind of aquatic monstrosity do you pull up with them as bait? Godzooky?
Ask not!
Ask!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74360 on: April 17, 2015, 07:33:09 pm »

JEGUS FLIP NO

My already-considerable respect for people living in Oceania has further increased.  I couldn't survive it, I love nature too much.  I'll stay here where the only large threats are avoidable mammals and sometimes snakes.  And black widow spiders, but that kinda demonstrates my point - there's like one *actually* dangerous spider and I've never actually encountered one.  Tarantulas are horrifying but tiny spiders don't bother me, I've been bit too many times and barely noticed except for the minor itchy welts later.  Or maybe those were ticks.

The snakes are pretty common though, gotta keep an eye on the ground for copperheads while hiking.  I've seen a few, fortunately they're not aggressive and don't pursue.  Just camouflaged and deadly.  Why do I love nature again?

I'm just kidding, today was warm but with cool pouring rain.  Nature is terrible and beautiful.

I'm not sure where I was going with that, but large insects and arachnids are freaky.  Even if they're more avoidable I suppose.

Edit:  What really scares me is jellyfish.  Competely undetectable, stinging arthropods skeleton-less elder things.  Large part of why I prefer mountains to ocean 4 evar.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:39:21 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #74361 on: April 17, 2015, 07:38:00 pm »

What really scares me is jellyfish.  Competely undetectable, stinging arthropods.
Jellyfish aren't arthropods.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #74362 on: April 17, 2015, 07:38:36 pm »

They make great salad.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #74363 on: April 17, 2015, 07:38:42 pm »

What the hell kind of hook do you even stick those things on, and what kind of aquatic monstrosity do you pull up with them as bait? Godzooky?
You use a harpoon for a hook and catch cthulhu's starspawn. Obvs.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #74364 on: April 17, 2015, 07:50:15 pm »

My WTF for today. So apparently my school has a course on Japanese literature titled Evangelion...
It's FEF, not FEOF

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #74365 on: April 17, 2015, 08:18:08 pm »

And black widow spiders, but that kinda demonstrates my point - there's like one *actually* dangerous spider and I've never actually encountered one.

Black widow spiders aren't particularly dangerous to healthy adults (though apparently their bite hurts incredibly bad).

So that's one less thing you have to worry about.

Edit:

My WTF for today. So apparently my school has a course on Japanese literature titled Evangelion...

Why would your japanese literature class be about the christian gospel?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 08:27:41 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74366 on: April 17, 2015, 08:23:13 pm »

Why are they always the one pointed out as bad then?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74367 on: April 17, 2015, 08:24:23 pm »

Because they are :v, just not deadly to most adult humans.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74368 on: April 17, 2015, 08:27:24 pm »

Don't forget the brown recluses, though! Something something flesh eating something. At least the widows mostly just kill you.

But yeah, black widows aren't a guaranteed kill or anything like that, just a potential one. Which is plenty to freak folks out, heh.

As to that, aky, it's because it's rare that they're deadly. There's some kind of psych term for that, I think -- we notice unusual but statistically unlikely harms more than we do common ones, even though the latter are much greater actual issues. Is why lot of people are much more worried about riding in airplane than car, ferex, iirc.

Also the distinctive coloration. Black widows got mystique, y'know? Recluses are just brown.
Ask not!
Ask!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #74369 on: April 17, 2015, 08:29:48 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:23:20 am by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 4956 4957 [4958] 4959 4960 ... 11037