Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4841 4842 [4843] 4844 4845 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14447981 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72630 on: March 23, 2015, 09:11:31 pm »

This sounds like it is quickly going into the scenario I read once where someone convinced their DM to let them take an intelligent (i.e., has access to PC classes) creature as a Paladin mount... which they then immediately had class into Paladin with another intelligent being as its mount. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72631 on: March 23, 2015, 09:14:39 pm »

This is a level 20+ campaign. In Pathfinder, the minimum intelligence a paladin's mount can have is 6. After throwing items at the horse, it gained quite a bit of intelligence.

Unlike everyone else, I was not content to just sit on my mountain of gold, and saw fit to bling out my horse as well.

Everyone else just grabs what would help them optimize, while I try to stay at least somewhat well-rounded.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72632 on: March 23, 2015, 09:16:41 pm »

The talk of intelligent horses and rules abuse make me think of the part in the Tangled movie when the male protagonist is sword-fighting Maximus.

When I saw that, I totally thought "That's exactly the sort of slip up a GM would make, use the horse's stats but still use the sword's damage die, since that's what all the other guards have been using."
Hence, sword-fighting horses.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #72633 on: March 23, 2015, 09:17:47 pm »

This sounds like it is quickly going into the scenario I read once where someone convinced their DM to let them take an intelligent (i.e., has access to PC classes) creature as a Paladin mount... which they then immediately had class into Paladin with another intelligent being as its mount. :P
Not specifically D&D related, but relevant.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #72634 on: March 24, 2015, 12:18:26 am »

Unlike everyone else, I was not content to just sit on my mountain of gold, and saw fit to bling out my horse as well.
Psh, the correct answer to "what should I do with this mountain of gold" should never be "sit on it". When in doubt, you should begin to augment your inventory with everything listed on the "things you can buy chart", utilizing bags of holding (or handy haversacks if you can get them) to augment yourself. A 13 STR character in pathfinder can carry something like 1,200lbs (or 120 cubic feet) of crap without breaking light encumbrance while not having to worry about attacks of opportunities when retrieving anything! (An 18 STR character could carry double that).

And if you really wanted to be prepared you'd take about 200lbs of that and use it to store empty haversacks that you could take out and fill in the event of a carrying space emergency at the cost of a ENC penalty (you couldn't put them back till you emptied them, but you could store them while empty in the basic rules). An 18 STR character willing to go all of the way to heavy loading could hypothetically chop up an adult elephant into 2 ft^3 and 8 ft^3 chunks and carry it with them while still being able to move. 2 such characters could do the same to and adult dragon.

And only for the low, low cost of 120k gp per 18 STR character! That's only a little over 1/8th of your starting gold as a level 20 character! :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #72635 on: March 24, 2015, 12:46:43 am »

That reminds me about the character cameo in the Silvershiftclaw campaigns, where one player meets their previous character (who was a kleptomaniac with bags of holding literally everywhere) who acted as a portable merchant, holding an insane amount of stuff.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72636 on: March 24, 2015, 01:44:56 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think I see why this movie had such an impact on me a couple years ago.  Very clever.

Edit: Specifically the prices
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:00:09 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #72637 on: March 24, 2015, 01:48:13 am »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #72638 on: March 24, 2015, 02:03:36 am »

For some reason I've got a stable connection at home--which I hope will last for more than the twenty minutes currently had.

Which I doubt :/ Which is starting to show...

But that is a surprise in itself considering...recent events. :-\

I am thankful though. Yay, I get to send reports and needed things!

Edit: Wow that speed. :o
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:18:04 am by Tiruin »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #72639 on: March 24, 2015, 02:04:21 am »

... good for you, OW? Go play some games. Maybe stream something. Download all the things, whatev'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #72640 on: March 24, 2015, 02:26:43 am »

That's a campus fibre connection going to a server down the street. If I want to connect to anything worthwhile it's still slow as balls.

Still, big numbers.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #72641 on: March 24, 2015, 02:37:13 am »

I think I see why this movie had such an impact on me a couple years ago.  Very clever.

I don't get it despite staring at me a lot.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72642 on: March 24, 2015, 02:41:41 am »

I don't get it despite staring at me a lot.
It's deceptively simple.  They say all the prices end in nine.  Which is, like, pretty good observational humor.  Companies so often end prices in X.99 to cheat our efficient mental subroutines of a dollar.  It works.  Buuuut, the background is full of prices which end in... 5.  95, but still.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #72643 on: March 24, 2015, 04:12:59 am »

Jokes on those guys, I mentally round prices up.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72644 on: March 24, 2015, 07:57:04 am »

FFS.

Some parents are assholes.

Sounds like snowplow parents; they'll everything and anything to clear the way to their offspring's success, often to the detriment of everyone else - including the offspring.

@The Johnny Appleseed thing from before: I did not know he was a real person.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 4841 4842 [4843] 4844 4845 ... 11040