Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4673 4674 [4675] 4676 4677 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440264 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #70110 on: February 18, 2015, 10:55:08 pm »

*Interesting things.*

I wish I had interest/knowledge of many of those.

Aquaponics, small livestock, and economical space/construction usage.  You keep the fashion, although it is interesting in context. :)

You're a niche, a nerd.  Those aren't things to hide, but rather things t use to identify yourself with.  Things to show off in a material way, perhaps even.  Get a tv and display your art/design.  Start working on home design/flipping (say for the monies or charity).  A pond or fishtank.  Even going as far a getting 'small livestock' (maybe).

It sounds like its as much about being masculine and material as it does not being an introvert and trans.  Work it into your life and make it your public hobby.  Find stress relief in something you can show off, make money out of, or otherwise use to further yourself.  That's what it sounds like your  . . . peers . . . want.

imo.  Listen.  any time you want to put out some tips or show off your work I'd like to see it.  Teach me how not to be just a useless psyche major.
  After all, I definitely don't fit the mold for an average male, but I was still ab;e to masquerade as if I was the frat boy.  And more. Much more.
I know a little about pretending.  It hurts to.  And the peer pressure of taking it back is even worse.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 10:58:05 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #70111 on: February 18, 2015, 10:56:29 pm »

That probably still counts as quoting, unless she says otherwise.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #70112 on: February 18, 2015, 11:10:19 pm »

Re: Truean. Not much I can say, really, other than "my sympathies" (and I still think you're living in the wrong country).
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #70113 on: February 19, 2015, 12:04:09 am »

I would recommend moving elsewhere as well, were it not for the fact that it would be a career suicide for a lawyer. Which might not be so bad since Truean has made it clear she hates it. Retraining to another trade is an option, but requires a huge investment in time, money and effort.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #70114 on: February 19, 2015, 12:30:15 am »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:27:27 am by penguinofhonor »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #70115 on: February 19, 2015, 12:32:08 am »

Apple, apparently.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #70116 on: February 19, 2015, 01:22:18 am »

Using an Apple charger and Apple cord on my iPhone. It tells me they're not certified by Apple and won't charge.

Who the fuck thought DRM for cords was a good idea?

This might help

Switching to an Android or Windows phone might help even more. Seriously, the policymakers at Apple Computers are complete assholes; you shouldn't patronize their business.

EDIT:
Other than Monsanto and Fox Entertainment Group, Apple Computers is probably the most evil company on earth.

EDIT:
Seriously, buy a different device and tell Apple to go to hell.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:32:12 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70117 on: February 19, 2015, 03:37:33 am »

[snop]
That never worked for anybody. Do you know what people are like when they're "themself", without any outside influence? As a defense lawyer, you probably do.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70118 on: February 19, 2015, 05:27:36 am »

Yeah unfortunately the whole "be yourself" kind of carries with it the hidden tag line "If people will like you".

You need an outlet to be yourself and the ability to appeal to others is what I kind of got from life.

I do very little filtering here and I am sure it annoys this forum quite a bit.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #70119 on: February 19, 2015, 06:01:33 am »

Well, you're certainly memorable.
In a good way!
You certainly have your own voice. Hm. Here's a forum game: quote a random person, then challenge the poster below you to tell who it is. Only issue: google.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70120 on: February 19, 2015, 06:02:53 am »

Yeah unfortunately the whole "be yourself" kind of carries with it the hidden tag line "If people will like you".
For example, nobody would apply this saying to a hard-core white surpremacist.

In fact, I think there's an smbc about someone saying this to Hitler back when he was a mediocre painter.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70121 on: February 19, 2015, 08:46:47 am »

I have two friends who are currently transitioning and they went to similar experiences, Truean. One only managed to find a job in a bakery owned by a rather awesome pair of lesbians, and another is currently going through a very lenghty transitioning process in sweden, which actualy seems to be working fine, and found some nice jobs helping out bands with their jigs and actualy met and became friends with goddamn Michael Gira after fixing his iphone. But then again, its Sweden so, eh.

In other WTFness, I found out that, during the vietnam war, the PSYOPS branch of the US army developed some sound tracks to be played on helicopters and by parachuters to emulate the ghostly sound that lost souls emit, according to the beliefs of the local vietnamese people. Some of them are awfuly creepy, like ghost tape #10, which was apparently so awful that it gave many US soldiers nightmares and probably contributed to many a PSTD breakdown.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #70122 on: February 19, 2015, 09:33:14 am »

Vietnam is a uniquely awful war.
It's all the technological atrocities of World War Two mixed with all the 'What the fuck are we doing here?' aspects of World War One, with a dash of Spanish Civil War for the war crimes aspect, all set in a jungle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70123 on: February 19, 2015, 09:44:32 am »

Vietnam is a uniquely awful war.
It's all the technological atrocities of World War Two mixed with all the 'What the fuck are we doing here?' aspects of World War One, with a dash of Spanish Civil War for the war crimes aspect, all set in a jungle.

The most interesting factoid I was told about that war is that the average American will typically low-ball the casualties of the way by a multiple of 100.

THAT and the start of the Vietnam war was fighting... well not the initial target.

The Vietnam war also managed to destroy a completely neutral country due to displaced soldiers.

And even after all that... the current President, at the time, was actually appalled that the American People called for the war to end... "Vietnam Syndrome".

Then again I consider the Americans the "Bad guys" in this particular conflict.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70124 on: February 19, 2015, 09:56:27 am »

The most interesting factoid I was told about that war is that the average American will typically low-ball the casualties of the way by a multiple of 100.
My favourite factoid is that the US dropped more bombs on Cambodia during the Vietnam war than the Allies dropped during all of WWII.
Pages: 1 ... 4673 4674 [4675] 4676 4677 ... 11040