Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4671 4672 [4673] 4674 4675 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440289 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #70080 on: February 18, 2015, 01:04:47 pm »

There's not really that much. They brough DEMOCRACY to an undervelopped country, got FREEDOM from the tyranical Brits, liberated all the slaves ever, ended WWII singlehandedly by punching Hitler in the gnads while the Frenchies were cowering in their holes, and had a solid kerfuffle with them godless pinko commies.

All you need to know about US history in one sentence.

You forgot about that one time we committed genocide and were way better at it than the Nazis. USA. USA. USA.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #70081 on: February 18, 2015, 01:37:44 pm »

Being a lawyer has a lot to do with intelligene, but more to do with talking to assholes. Imagine that philosophy class but a neverending debate against internet trolls and/or literal crackheads who think it is your duty to march in front of the judge and spout their pet BS ideas about gold tassles on the trim of the flag being a get out of jail free card. They're as serious as they are wrong: very.

They rant and rave for hours and threaten to kill you and your whole family. Instead of slapping them, I've taken to arranging to have the flag replaced to one without tassles and watching them shit themselves as their entire "defense" falls straight to shit (though it already was insane and unworkable). Sarcasm and undermining, because straight out decking morons in the face is illegal.

Becuase when your entire "defense" is an interior deoration choice, you don't have much of a shot in hell.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:40:47 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70082 on: February 18, 2015, 01:44:45 pm »

Tassles on the flag? Could you explain that one? Sounds like a fun story.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #70083 on: February 18, 2015, 02:07:32 pm »

It's some sovereign citizen bullcrap. Apparently gold tassels on the flag mean it's an admiralty court and they can't try normal citizens there so they get off free. Total fiction, of course, but some people really believe it.

I highly recommend you don't google "sovereign citizen" or "freeman on the land" for more info, because it will just make your brain hurt.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:14:53 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #70084 on: February 18, 2015, 02:17:52 pm »

Yup.

I've been screamed at, called stupid and worthless, not a real lawyer, coward, threatened with death, and all sorts of lovely things by that type of idiot. They think that because the courtroom flag has gold tassles on it that makes it an admiralty flag and through some BS mental gymnastics they think the court can only decide matters of admiralty law. Since the criminal statutes aren't admiralty law, they delusionally think this is a get out of jail free card.

It's an insane bullshit idea and it makes defense lawyer's heads hurt, a lot. It's one of several BS legal fallacies believed in exclusively by morons. I've also had them be completely uninterested in defending against the charges levled against them and instead DEMAND that complaints be filed against the very prosecutors prosecuting them..... Yeah, nuts. Tons of BS. It's all over the place. There are lots of crazy theories from everywhere by people who think they understand law, but haven't a clue. I've had people demand that they be allowed to testify in their own criminal case, and that'd be (foolish) but fine by itself if it weren't for what they wanted to testify to, becuase they want to rant, or exclaim that they are the best behaved little thing you've ever seen. There's a reason the prosecution can't force you to testify in your own criminal trial, but on top of that these fools have criminal records. That's called "opening the door to your character evidence" which means after you claim to be a freaking boyscout, the prosecutor can bring up allllllllllll the bad stuff you did. The reason he can do that is 'cause you opened your mouth and should'nt have......

Basically it's a cluster F*** and everybody thinks they know it all. Nope. I'm sick of it and want out. If you ever get arrested, get a lawyer and listen to them (one that is specifically licensed in your area and who does that sort of thing).
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:19:27 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #70085 on: February 18, 2015, 02:21:07 pm »

It's some sovereign citizen bullcrap.

"Soverign Citizen" is like the Tea Party turned up to eleven, right?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70086 on: February 18, 2015, 02:22:56 pm »

This stay at home mom found a way to get out of jail free! Defence lawyers hate her (because she's a f**king moron)!

Edit: If soverign citizen and Freeman on the land are the same (we have the later up here in the great white north, they tend to get in to shootouts with the RCMP), then not really? They basically deny the government and it's laws have any sway over them, and that they live here, but aren't tied to the country, and therefore don't owe taxes etc. essentially one step off of founding Petoria.

Edit Edit: Pop culture reference, yaaaa! Do I get bonus points for reference pop culture known primarily for referencing pop culture?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:26:14 pm by timferius »

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #70087 on: February 18, 2015, 02:32:49 pm »

Edit: If soverign citizen and Freeman on the land are the same (we have the later up here in the great white north, they tend to get in to shootouts with the RCMP), then not really? They basically deny the government and it's laws have any sway over them, and that they live here, but aren't tied to the country, and therefore don't owe taxes etc. essentially one step off of founding Petoria.

What he said. It's not exactly wrong, but SC/FMotL generally don't believe the federal government is valid at all. The tea party is...not quite that crazy.

They both really hate taxes though.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #70088 on: February 18, 2015, 02:54:46 pm »

What he said. It's not exactly wrong, but SC/FMotL generally don't believe the federal government is valid at all. The tea party is...not quite that crazy.

They both really hate taxes though.

So more like John Galt then.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70089 on: February 18, 2015, 03:22:36 pm »

They generally fall under the broad umbrella of, "Want to enjoy the benefits of civilization without having to adhere to its laws."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70090 on: February 18, 2015, 03:50:16 pm »

Dont forget the "Or help pay for it" part.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #70091 on: February 18, 2015, 03:55:36 pm »

But what else am I supposed to do with this silly card?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70092 on: February 18, 2015, 04:01:05 pm »

They generally fall under the broad umbrella of, "Want to enjoy the benefits of civilization without having to adhere to its laws."
Ah okay, I think I get the idea.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #70093 on: February 18, 2015, 04:01:32 pm »

But what else am I supposed to do with this silly card?

That's $50 bucks, if you don't intentionally stay in jail to avoid death :P
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #70094 on: February 18, 2015, 04:27:59 pm »

Minor wft just now - playing Smite, arena mode which is pretty much just 5v5 TDM.

We went 34 - 2.

I went 8/0. o_O

Not wtf - I actually, honestly felt bad for the other team.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.
Pages: 1 ... 4671 4672 [4673] 4674 4675 ... 11040