Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4640 4641 [4642] 4643 4644 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14502721 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69615 on: February 12, 2015, 04:03:18 pm »

And yet we have the 'one nation under God' in our *pledge of allegiance. American politics has a complicated relationship with religion.
ftfy

And only since the Fifties. And then pretty much because USSR was officially nationally atheistic. If USSR was a theocracy, they'd probably add 'one nation in no way under any possible specific God, totes' instead.
You're saying America needs to go to war with Iran to get it out of the pledge?
Probably not, considering some people think the Christian God and the Islamic God are two different entities. Now, if it was with the Vatican, maybe it'd be different.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69616 on: February 12, 2015, 04:07:27 pm »

The NZ national anthem is pretty direct about God. I think most Western countries do. Bloody Romans.

E: Yeah, the title is "God Defend New Zealand". Kinda sad that our military's that poor.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 04:09:25 pm by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69617 on: February 12, 2015, 04:09:40 pm »

Canadian one mentions it once. And it's more of a, "God save our land" as in 'oi keep it preserved ya douche' sorta deal.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #69618 on: February 12, 2015, 04:12:34 pm »

The NZ national anthem is pretty direct about God. I think most British-colonized countries do. Bloody Romans.

I'll go check, actually. I can't actually remember the darn thing.
FTFY
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69619 on: February 12, 2015, 04:14:32 pm »

That too.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69620 on: February 12, 2015, 04:46:57 pm »

At any rate, the federal government isn't under anything and the person or persons who added the line about god to the pledge was a traitor.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69621 on: February 12, 2015, 04:58:35 pm »

Some girl smashed through my laptop cord in class.  The cord was ripped out of the laptop, and from the wallsocket.  And that's no easy task; those buggers are snug fits.

So, after tearing into my electronics, she apologizes loudly and takes up the class time until I demand she gives it back.  She bent the metal, and I'm sure there's more damage too.  I had to fiddle with it a but to even get it to go back into the hole.

. . . bitch.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #69622 on: February 12, 2015, 05:09:55 pm »

At any rate, the federal government isn't under anything and the person or persons who added the line about god to the pledge was a traitor.

No, they were a red-blooded patriot of the highest order. They put the line in to stick it to the godless commies.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #69623 on: February 12, 2015, 05:18:29 pm »

No, they were a red-blooded patriot of the highest order. They put the line in to stick it to the godless commies.
/irony
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69624 on: February 12, 2015, 05:19:07 pm »

That doesn't make it any less seditious.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69625 on: February 12, 2015, 05:44:25 pm »

It's not seditious until high-ranking government officials start selling state secrets to God, and as an immortal transcendent being I don't think God has much of a use for Top-Secret files and troop dispersion orders.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #69626 on: February 12, 2015, 06:22:27 pm »

It's not seditious until high-ranking government officials start selling state secrets to God, and as an immortal transcendent being I don't think God has much of a use for Top-Secret files and troop dispersion orders.

Well, seeing as God is omniscient and most likely has no security clearance, someone has to be to blame for him knowing these secrets.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69627 on: February 12, 2015, 06:24:24 pm »

Well, seeing as God is omniscient and most likely has no security clearance, someone has to be to blame for him knowing these secrets.

Personally, I blame wikileaks for leaking that knowledge to God.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69628 on: February 12, 2015, 06:39:37 pm »

Personally, I blame wikileaks for leaking that knowledge to God.
So we can confirm that God possesses both highly valuable information pertaining to America's national security (And everything else about America besides) and highly dangerous WMDs which He is not afraid to use, as proven by His terrorist attacks on Sodom and Gommorrah. This means that a terrorist capable of destroying everything we hold dear is capable of executing an attack on America that our mathematicians confirm would be 9/11 times Pearl Harbor multiplied by a bazillion.
This means that the American government has full reason to invade Heaven.
Gentleman, it is time to begin the War on God.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 06:41:30 pm by Fniff »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69629 on: February 12, 2015, 06:41:51 pm »

Top kek m8
Apparently you're a few forevers too late to start that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 4640 4641 [4642] 4643 4644 ... 11037