Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4639 4640 [4641] 4642 4643 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14502805 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69600 on: February 12, 2015, 09:38:31 am »

Wisconsin governor went to London, didn't answer a question on whether or not he believes in evolution.

Evidently after discussions with his campaigning team (there's talk, at least in Wisconsin, he'll be vying for the Republican presidential candidacy) he answered the question after, saying that he believed in God, but that science and religion can go hand in hand. Chastised people for politicising the issue when he was trying to get people to invest in Wisconsin.

Well, if you answered the question in the first place... maybe that wouldn't happen?

Bigger issue is the apparent non-secularisation thing in the US. Religion and state should be separate, because, you know, whether or not you believe in God or practice religion has literally no bearing on your ability to administer a government.

Though I'm more annoyed about the Republican responses on Walker's FB page. "Wisconsin is so lucky to have a leader that believes in God." No lady, no it isn't.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69601 on: February 12, 2015, 09:43:40 am »

And yet we have the 'one nation under God' in our anthem. American politics has a complicated relationship with religion.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #69602 on: February 12, 2015, 09:51:22 am »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:30:27 am by penguinofhonor »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #69603 on: February 12, 2015, 09:52:27 am »

And yet we have the 'one nation under God' in our *pledge of allegiance. American politics has a complicated relationship with religion.
ftfy
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69604 on: February 12, 2015, 10:31:46 am »

And yet we have the 'one nation under God' in our *pledge of allegiance. American politics has a complicated relationship with religion.
ftfy
To be fair, it was just added during the Cold War as propaganda. OFC that doesn't stop people from using it as evidence for bullshit claims, but idiots will be idiots.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #69605 on: February 12, 2015, 10:32:35 am »

ftfy

And only since the Fifties. And then pretty much because USSR was officially nationally atheistic. If USSR was a theocracy, they'd probably add 'one nation in no way under any possible specific God, totes' instead.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #69606 on: February 12, 2015, 10:55:18 am »

i've had people on facebook get legitimately angry at me for thinking that saying the pledge of allegiance was creepy as shit.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69607 on: February 12, 2015, 10:57:22 am »

i've had people on facebook get legitimately angry at me for thinking that saying the pledge of allegiance was creepy as shit.
Yay! I'm not the only one!
Seriously, smacks disturbingly of brainwashing.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69608 on: February 12, 2015, 10:57:29 am »

Y U No Nationalism?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #69609 on: February 12, 2015, 10:58:28 am »

brainwashing.
Define please.
  What is and isn't brainwashing, and why is some okay but not others?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69610 on: February 12, 2015, 11:27:42 am »

The pledge of allegiance is creepy as hell, and once I realized it (halfway through second grade) I refused to ever repeat the damned thing again.  As a natural born citizen, the only oath I owe the U.S. government is the one I gave when I entered the Army.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69611 on: February 12, 2015, 11:41:18 am »

ftfy

Ironically, when you really think about it that "under God" line is kind of seditious.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69612 on: February 12, 2015, 01:57:48 pm »

Dammit game, its not my fault that I'm just a guy on the other side of the screen pressing buttons and give you the "perfect" answers. I'm trying my best here to give you a happy ending.  :'(

I've never been so emotional about a game before.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69613 on: February 12, 2015, 02:02:07 pm »

ftfy

And only since the Fifties. And then pretty much because USSR was officially nationally atheistic. If USSR was a theocracy, they'd probably add 'one nation in no way under any possible specific God, totes' instead.
You're saying America needs to go to war with Iran to get it out of the pledge?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69614 on: February 12, 2015, 02:28:56 pm »

Guyz, he's only sexting.  High Schoolers do that, right?

Damned if I know. I've been out of highschool for years.
Pages: 1 ... 4639 4640 [4641] 4642 4643 ... 11037