Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4319 4320 [4321] 4322 4323 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14478758 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #64800 on: December 09, 2014, 02:32:56 pm »

Not even plastic knives? What are you supposed to cut food with now?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #64801 on: December 09, 2014, 02:36:03 pm »

Not even plastic knives? What are you supposed to cut food with now?
Mean thoughts, I guess?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #64802 on: December 09, 2014, 02:36:18 pm »

In other news, my school has decided to no longer offer plastic knives, because apparently somebody in the school attempted to murder somebody with one. He failed, naturally, because plastic knives that hardly do anything to a baked potato aren't the best stabbing tools.
Truth be told they can be sharpened into a shiv if you got the patience. That said, they should instead focus on identifying potential murderers rather than just banning blunt knives.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64803 on: December 09, 2014, 02:38:35 pm »

I would think a pen or pencil would be a more effective weapon... might as well ban them. And forks have 4 times the points! Ban them too. And you know, spoons can be sharpened. Plates smashed. Books can bludgeon.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64804 on: December 09, 2014, 02:40:34 pm »

The plastic knives with serrations are sharp.

Put yah, its sillt banning them. If they are gonna ban every weapon, then they have to ban humans.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #64805 on: December 09, 2014, 02:41:19 pm »

I would think a pen or pencil would be a more effective weapon... might as well ban them. And forks have 4 times the points! Ban them too. And you know, spoons can be sharpened. Plates smashed. Books can bludgeon.
We should ban teeth while at it. Who knows when a student might start biting?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64806 on: December 09, 2014, 02:42:20 pm »

In other news, my school has decided to no longer offer plastic knives, because apparently somebody in the school attempted to murder somebody with one. He failed, naturally, because plastic knives that hardly do anything to a baked potato aren't the best stabbing tools.
Truth be told they can be sharpened into a shiv if you got the patience. That said, they should instead focus on identifying potential murderers rather than just banning blunt knives.

They should ban forks while theyre at it because a one pronged fork can make a pretty good stabbing weapon. Or maybe just ban plastic utensils because I imagine you could take the handle of any of them and make that into a shiv.

More seriously though, yes they should focus on identifying those who would be aggressive.

We should ban teeth while at it. Who knows when a student might start biting?

Lol

As for plates, paper plates, or styrofoam.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 02:44:24 pm by smjjames »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #64807 on: December 09, 2014, 02:42:25 pm »

The plastic knives with serrations are sharp.

Put yah, its sillt banning them. If they are gonna ban every weapon, then they have to ban humans.

Sure, they are sharp, but they are not *pointy*. The worst you could do is slash someone with the edge, which would hurt and potentially even draw blood, but is not much of a lethal weapon.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64808 on: December 09, 2014, 02:53:34 pm »

Yeah, I have to say I know from experience pencils are far deadlier than plastic knives.
o.O

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #64809 on: December 09, 2014, 03:06:44 pm »

I have managed to jam pencils into my hands, and wound myself, multiple times. I have never been injured by plastic cutlery.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64810 on: December 09, 2014, 03:10:48 pm »

I stabbed a kid who laughed at my art project once.  It was with a pencil and not a plastic knife.

Im going to say the plastic forks are even more dangerous than the knives.  You guys should learn to slurp soup from a bowl no more than 3/4 inch deep, to prevent drowning.  Gotta think of safety first.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #64811 on: December 09, 2014, 03:37:59 pm »

Who the hell uses plastic cutlery? Those things are awful.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64812 on: December 09, 2014, 03:39:09 pm »

My favourite on this list is pron, like it takes a phd to figure that one out.
Most of these have been around since the nineties... also, you know, Google is your friend if you don't trust your chidlren? Time to stay away from the news for a bit.
The code-like stuff has been around since the 70s or something though, HAM radios and that.
Also man I really have been missing out on these sweet acronyms where people apparently can't just say the thing they mean.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64813 on: December 09, 2014, 03:48:51 pm »

wow.  Im actually impressed with the straws poking out of that.  It was entertaining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc-LJ_3VbUA
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #64814 on: December 09, 2014, 03:51:43 pm »

Who the hell uses plastic cutlery? Those things are awful.
I agree, there are very few good things about them, notably their price compared to metal cutlery, and disposability, and even the latter is debatable. "No need to wash dishes, just throw the cutlery into the dump! It'll be someone else's problem!"
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 4319 4320 [4321] 4322 4323 ... 11037