Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4267 4268 [4269] 4270 4271 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441831 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #64020 on: November 24, 2014, 10:28:31 pm »

Just watched the second Hunger Games movie.  Here's something I don't understand...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's because Plutarch Heavensbee is a coward.
And Snow is probably watched by unseen bodyguards or something. I mean, this is the guy who assassinated all of his opponents in the book. He's probably cunning enough to not put himself in a position where he could be easily dispatched.

Plus Snow is hardly the only thing keeping the whole institution together. If he died, then he very probably has AT LEAST one qualified lieutenant to take his place, even if they're not explicitly mentioned. And then they'd have justification to deal with the rebels with extreme prejudice[Not that they'd need it, but it might help]. As it is, they tolerate the rebels because they have a couple nuclear weapons that make it too costly to deal with them and they've been lying low for a while.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #64021 on: November 24, 2014, 10:30:39 pm »

Well, I for one am happy.  Sorry guys :/

I, for one, don't really appreciate the rioting that's going on in town right now
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64022 on: November 24, 2014, 11:45:20 pm »

I, for one, don't really appreciate the rioting that's going on in town right now

Not about the riots.  Im glad they found justice.  No matter what their decision was, they followed our laws to reach a conclusion about whether he wouldd stand trial.  That they did so in the face of the rioters restores a small fraction of my faith in integrity of america.

The rioters are another matter.  They I cant condone, esp the looters.  There has been quite a bit of study done on rioting, and regardless of race, its a locally devestating event.

I also wtf inside when I think of how this sort of response represents more Malcom X than King.

---

On the plus side, this case is bringing a lot of awareness to the power police hold; the general public doesnt know.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:49:09 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64023 on: November 25, 2014, 02:13:13 am »

Well Snow is hardly in a pampered position. Sure he has a lot of power but that doesn't afford him a lot of comfort.

He is as much a part of the hunger games as everyone else is.

It would take a pretty stupid politician to try to assassinate Snow. While Snow only does it because, from what I can see, be believes in what he is doing. Likely because he lived through the hunger war (or at least experienced the effect).

Of course that only means something in the movie/book is self-aware... and I wouldn't put it past the books to have huge plot holes.

Heck there are a few things that happen where I keep thinking to myself: "Ok, is the book aware of the consequences of this? Or does it think it is doing something else entirely" especially in book 2 with the whole crack down.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:18:22 am by Neonivek »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64024 on: November 25, 2014, 02:49:14 am »

I've started to have a slightly more in-depth look up of Tony Abbot.

Australia, what were you thinking?
Uhh, ah, hmm...
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #64025 on: November 25, 2014, 02:57:37 am »

Not about the riots.  Im glad they found justice.  No matter what their decision was, they followed our laws to reach a conclusion about whether he wouldd stand trial.  That they did so in the face of the rioters restores a small fraction of my faith in integrity of america.

The rioters are another matter.  They I cant condone, esp the looters.  There has been quite a bit of study done on rioting, and regardless of race, its a locally devestating event.

I also wtf inside when I think of how this sort of response represents more Malcom X than King.

---

On the plus side, this case is bringing a lot of awareness to the power police hold; the general public doesnt know.
Ferguson is more complicated than that, because its largely the police who were rioting and throwing tear gas at reporters and stuff.  The so-called rioters were really more "protesters".

I haven't been following this much recently granted.  But if the police conduct in Ferguson restores your faith in humanity then you haven't been following it either.

Also you're 100% wrong about which side King would take here.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64026 on: November 25, 2014, 04:43:58 am »

only objectively good thing hussie made was sbahj

except the new ones are shit

shiiiiiiit

problem sleuth was nice too i guess

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #64027 on: November 25, 2014, 05:02:38 am »

I've started to have a slightly more in-depth look up of Tony Abbot.

Australia, what were you thinking?
Pouring waste into nature sites and giving anyone that look different to slavers it seem  ::)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #64028 on: November 25, 2014, 06:23:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We need more people like this.
This is one reason why history is important.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64029 on: November 25, 2014, 09:55:41 am »

Old spice the edited version.
Why they took the time to do this and I watched it is beyond me.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #64030 on: November 25, 2014, 10:11:07 am »

Old spice the edited version.
Why they took the time to do this and I watched it is beyond me.

Ah yes, YTPMV, there are thousands of these out there
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #64031 on: November 25, 2014, 11:41:06 am »

So we had an assignment in our English class today where we each needed to write a flood myth. Apparently there were no limits as long as they contained certain elements, so it didn't matter if they were ridiculously stupid, overly dramatic, thousands of words long, or whatever.

I had decided not to participate in NaNoWriMo, so I decided I'd make it up to myself by writing the longest, strangest and most wonderful flood myth out of the entire class. It ended up being an epic story about a guy named Bill who is tasked with saving the town when Shrek decides to flood the world as punishment for the "Shrek is love, Shrek is life" video on Youtube.

I am so proud of myself, but when I looked at the finished product, I read it over again and just thought to myself, "What the fuck have I created?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #64032 on: November 25, 2014, 11:46:00 am »

Reminds me of the time when we had to make a story with food as the protagonist, and my group (which included the teacher :P) contributed nothing but rainbows and unicorns, so I turned it into the bloody vengeance story of a cucumber with nothing left to lose and his razor-horned companion.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #64033 on: November 25, 2014, 11:47:21 am »

"What the fuck have I created?"
The Necronomicon, maybe? Try reading it aloud and see if you keep your soul.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64034 on: November 25, 2014, 11:49:08 am »

---

Ferguson is more complicated than that, because its largely the police who were rioting and throwing tear gas at reporters and stuff.  The so-called rioters were really more "protesters".

I haven't been following this much recently granted.  But if the police conduct in Ferguson restores your faith in humanity then you haven't been following it either.

Also you're 100% wrong about which side King would take here.
Perspective.  The chicken or the egg started the riot, but its tensions are the same.

As I said, the best thing to come out of this is increased public awareness of the amount of power police have.  Too much, imo.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 4267 4268 [4269] 4270 4271 ... 11040