Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4269 4270 [4271] 4272 4273 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443154 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #64050 on: November 25, 2014, 02:53:46 pm »

A hell of a lot of everyone who's actually been looting up to this point are people who are actually on the side of the police (whether intentionally or unintentionally-doing-so-in-an-attempt-to-be-going-for-their-own-goals) and are trying to make the protestors look bad by making it appear that the protestors themselves are the looters. That is not to say that some genuine protestors may have engaged in looting, as detrimental to the cause as it is, but genuine protestors are far from the majority of looters.
Sources? That's some conspiracy-theory level stuff, so they would be appreciated.
Huffington Post, although done from back when reports of looting started, has several subsources here.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64052 on: November 25, 2014, 02:55:13 pm »

A hell of a lot of everyone who's actually been looting up to this point are people who are actually on the side of the police (whether intentionally or unintentionally-doing-so-in-an-attempt-to-be-going-for-their-own-goals) and are trying to make the protestors look bad by making it appear that the protestors themselves are the looters. That is not to say that some genuine protestors may have engaged in looting, as detrimental to the cause as it is, but genuine protestors are far from the majority of looters.
Sources? That's some conspiracy-theory level stuff, so they would be appreciated.
Huffington Post, although done from back when reports of looting started, has several subsources here.
That in no way implicates the police had any affiliation with this alleged 3rd party.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64053 on: November 25, 2014, 02:56:16 pm »

That in no way implicates the police had any affiliation with this alleged 3rd party.
They have affiliation in the way that they did absolutely nothing to stop the looters.
My tumblr.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #64054 on: November 25, 2014, 02:58:12 pm »

Well I can think of several scenarios in which the police would not have stopped looters that the protesters we throwing rocks at.

Aside from the police hiring these men to, or some other party doing so the most disturbing would be that the police saw it and want the protesters to looks bad so let it happen.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64055 on: November 25, 2014, 02:59:30 pm »

want the protesters to looks bad so let it happen.
Exactly.
My tumblr.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #64057 on: November 25, 2014, 03:06:26 pm »

This code, and how it got into master in the first place.
Does that even do anything?
I think it throws up a warning of "view: label defined but not used", but apart from that, no.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #64058 on: November 25, 2014, 03:08:30 pm »

Exactly.
What can they do without people screeching about police brutality, though? (Note that I do think both sides have fucked up and as such are both at fault. Not excusing the actual police brutality, but, y'know.)
Also, I have to take everything from Huffington Post with an entire salt-shaker, given their track record...
Take a closer look at this text!

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64059 on: November 25, 2014, 03:18:04 pm »

Exactly.
What can they do without people screeching about police brutality, though? (Note that I do think both sides have fucked up and as such are both at fault. Not excusing the actual police brutality, but, y'know.)
Also, I have to take everything from Huffington Post with an entire salt-shaker, given their track record...
The bulk of the article's worthwhileness was in the first-person accounts extracted from social media- as bad as social media's made out to be, it's a lot harder to successfully lie to the people when the people have cameras by which they may record videos and take pictures (and although it is possible to forge or modify images and video, to the common person it is a time-consuming process that requires much experience to do right) and a means to spread the word to thousands of others without a lick of censorship.
My tumblr.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64060 on: November 25, 2014, 05:29:54 pm »

Math Book: "Do it this way".

Teacher: "Book is wrong, do it this way".

The Answer: "I have no idea what those two think they are doing".

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64061 on: November 25, 2014, 05:50:23 pm »

What's the problem? Chances are they're both wrong.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64062 on: November 25, 2014, 05:50:31 pm »

Rioting and malicious police behavior? Decades later and this is still point-on.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64063 on: November 25, 2014, 06:21:12 pm »

What's the problem? Chances are they're both wrong.

It's not just one specific problem. We are doing probability distributions.

The book relies on subtracting your number from the data set's average, then dividing by the standard deviation, and looking up the resulting number in a chart in the appendix. I'm not quite sure what exactly the teacher does to get his answer, but it isn't correct either.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64064 on: November 25, 2014, 06:45:27 pm »

Protests are easily justifiable.
Riots are somewhat trickier.
Looting? I don't see how anyone could possibly justify looting as a legitimate form of outrage. All you're doing is ruining the days and livelihoods of people who are unaffiliated with your cause - or possibly even support your cause - just to grab some free prescription medications, food, electronics, or money. That's not likely to make them see your point of view.
It causes a problem which gets people's attention.
It's not really complicated.
Except that 1: Most of the rioters and especially looters don't give a shit about Ferguson, and just want an excuse to riot and loot, and 2: at least 70% of businesses that are damaged by looting are small businesses owned by people of color. Rioting and looting don't solve problems. In fact, people are going to use these things as evidence to prove that people need more policing. The only things that are going to create change are peaceful protests and actual lobbying.
Pages: 1 ... 4269 4270 [4271] 4272 4273 ... 11040