Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4061 4062 [4063] 4064 4065 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433398 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #60930 on: October 18, 2014, 12:09:28 am »

CIS SEXUAL?

The only CIS I know is the one from Star Wars.
http://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/wiki/dictionary
A handy SJW dictionary. If you want to remain innocent to this world, avoid this link.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #60931 on: October 18, 2014, 12:11:04 am »

Can we please stop?  If this goes on I'm going to have to utter a single critical word about Tumblr haters, to which LSP will swoop in with an angry post and then a single one word PM.

Edit:

I'm not joking this is serious
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:13:47 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #60932 on: October 18, 2014, 12:16:33 am »

...Who mentioned Tumblr, besides Icederp and a link to a dictionary?

Also, I WILL NEVER CLICK THAT LINK I PRIDE MYSELF IN BEING A GENTLEMAN
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60933 on: October 18, 2014, 12:23:56 am »

...Who mentioned Tumblr, besides Icederp and a link to a dictionary?

Also, I WILL NEVER CLICK THAT LINK I PRIDE MYSELF IN BEING A GENTLEMAN

...you cannot possibly be ignorant of the fact that whenever cis is mentioned, Tumblr immediately comes up afterwards.  Like you've been here a while.

Seriously, type cis into the forum chat, click on every link where its lowercase and on its own, and then staying on that page crtl+f "tumblr".  See how many times you DON'T get a hit.

Edit for clarity: What I mean is that people were talking about that word and SJWs and linking to a dictionary about Tumblr.  We were talking about Tumblr the whole time.  Some people (including you I guess) just didn't know it.  In the collective mind of the internet "cis = Tumblr"
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:26:32 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #60934 on: October 18, 2014, 12:28:18 am »

Unless you're talking about isomers.
It's FEF, not FEOF

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #60935 on: October 18, 2014, 12:32:19 am »

Or Star Wars. Let's talk about that cis/CIS instead.

EDIT: Here, I'll get this started. Despite them supposedly being super-powerful elite troops, the droideka design is kinda stupid. Namely, the fact that their shield closes when they're rolling. If they could keep that forcefield up in battle at all times, those things would be unstoppable! They'd be able to retreat, charge, and reposition extremely quickly, have AMAZING mobility for the CIS forces, and have killer firepower to boot. These are the things that made a pair of Jedi run when two of them showed up. Imagine that, but more mobile, and composing entire regiments of the army. There wouldn't be a rebellion; there'd be a small protest going on before droideka death army flooded the streets in a blink of an eye with invincishields raised, fired three shots each, and painted the place a nice, vibrant red.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 12:35:17 am by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #60936 on: October 18, 2014, 12:32:47 am »

I was reading the part about being 'pranic' or 'breatharian' or whatever, and upon seeing the mention of prana, my first thought was "what does Nasuverse have to do with this?".
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60937 on: October 18, 2014, 12:39:00 am »

Yeah. They-

WAIT SHIT THEY'RE FROM THE PREQUELS, RUN!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #60938 on: October 18, 2014, 12:41:37 am »

Yeah. They-

You know, I really should watch StarWars again. I haven't seen it for years...

Oh, are those the seperatists?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #60939 on: October 18, 2014, 12:43:47 am »

I actually don't mind the CIS. Sure, they fall under the category of "Horrible prequel things", but I've always found them interesting, and I like the droid design. Sure, it's stupid in some respects, but it's not at an inexcusable level.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #60940 on: October 18, 2014, 12:45:51 am »

EDIT: Here, I'll get this started. Despite them supposedly being super-powerful elite troops, the droideka design is kinda stupid. Namely, the fact that their shield closes when they're rolling. If they could keep that forcefield up in battle at all times, those things would be unstoppable! They'd be able to retreat, charge, and reposition extremely quickly, have AMAZING mobility for the CIS forces, and have killer firepower to boot. These are the things that made a pair of Jedi run when two of them showed up. Imagine that, but more mobile, and composing entire regiments of the army. There wouldn't be a rebellion; there'd be a small protest going on before droideka death army flooded the streets in a blink of an eye with invincishields raised, fired three shots each, and painted the place a nice, vibrant red.
If only.
The main concern would be that the force field power would run out quicker from being on all the time, maybe?
Though if their batteries or whatever for the things were improved, that'd be awesome.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60941 on: October 18, 2014, 12:53:56 am »

Reading that dictionary and, ah...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for Star Wars... I really doubt a decades old franchise is going to produce much WTF.  Even the news about the new movie is pretty stale at this point unless I missed something.

Are they still bringing (spoilers?) Darth Vader back?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60942 on: October 18, 2014, 12:56:46 am »

*is reminded of the time or ten that the EU brought back Palpatine*

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #60943 on: October 18, 2014, 12:57:26 am »

Nnnnnnoooooo? I doubt it.

Also, can I point out that a lot of Star-wars stuff mercilessly slaughters the empire and it's forces, especially the Stormtroopers.

Now, this wouldn't be a problem, if THEY WEREN'T PEOPLE AND NOT CLONES.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #60944 on: October 18, 2014, 12:57:35 am »

WTF, brain. Stop being Manic-depressive. Yesterday you were depressive, it even got you a half hour off work. Today you were so Manic you frightened your co-workers. Stop that. Stop. You don't need to be diagnosed with another mental issue. Aspergers Syndrome, Autumn SAD, and a poor memory is enough, OK?
So I learned today that I fit into one of the profiles of people talked about in the Violence in the Workplace training videos who is most likely to cause violence. I wouldn't hurt anything bigger than a spider, but Manic-Depressive people are at high risk of being violent.
Wow, all the comments on SSB youtube videos are people bitching about how their favorite character didn't get in. Are people not over it by now?
ICE CLIMBERS MASTER RACE
I'm not kidding. When/If DLC is released, I demand Ice Climbers and Team Chaotix.
10/10 would pay $5 for those two "character"s. (The joke is that that is five characters)

Bluh.  :o  Sometimes I'm amazed (and a bit shocked) at the level of violence in Game of Thrones.  If anybody ever complains about violence in video games, just point them to HBO.
Let's not forget it was a book first. If they want to burn bridges, let them start at the way to the library.

Yeah. They-

Only the first of the prequels was a bust, the other two were OK.
Not great. OK.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 4061 4062 [4063] 4064 4065 ... 11039