Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3966 3967 [3968] 3969 3970 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14419124 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #59505 on: September 30, 2014, 05:37:18 pm »

Some animals dont see in color the same spectrum we do.  we also dont see the UV spectrum.

Sperm does contain nutritional value, although men put the value from their own resource pools.  There are many places to go with it, but its an investment.

Spanish teacher sounds like a creationist dick.  Or just really, really, strawmanny.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59506 on: September 30, 2014, 05:38:29 pm »

Some animals dont see in color the same spectrum we do.  we also dont see the UV spectrum.

Sperm does contain nutritional value, although men put the value in with their own pools.  There are many places to go with it, but its an investment.

Spanish teacher sounds like a creationist dick.
Some animals don't see in color, but UV light sure as hell isn't what we see. There's a reason it's called the "Visible Spectrum."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #59507 on: September 30, 2014, 05:39:28 pm »

@C: ... yeah, you'd be good to be questioning the accuracy of the information your school is giving you. Why the hell is the spanish teacher babbling about evolution to begin with?

And @Furt, I have no idea. I call it one because you don't find out in game until a few levels in and I paid absolutely zero attention to the surrounding media and whatnot. I didn't even realize the thing had been released until like... yesterday. Day before. Something like that.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59508 on: September 30, 2014, 05:41:39 pm »

I am seriously beginning to question the accuracy of the information my school gives us.
... examples?

Biology teacher: Animals wouldn't see plants green, they'd see them black-and-white, because they can't see UV rays and UV rays are the light we see.

Sex Ed: See, sperm contains nutrients, which makes men smarter, which is why all the great inventors and scientists in history were men. Also, because of this, masturbating makes you dumb.

Spanish Teacher: Well, if evolution is real, and progress was really slow, then how do we see this civilization (ancient mesopotamia) rise out of nowhere from dumb cavemen?
Listen, children: the thing is, the two theories we believe in, which are creationism, the one we all believe in that means God made the world, and evolution, are opposites and both deny each other, which is why there are problems between creationists and evolution.

Things like that.

Please tell me that's not an American school....

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59509 on: September 30, 2014, 05:42:09 pm »

Caroline lives in Latin America, IIRC. So, technically, yes!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59510 on: September 30, 2014, 05:45:25 pm »

I was looking for a suitable reaction image.
I don't think I really have one to illustrate the breed of.... whatever emotion I'm feeling right now.

@___@
I don't even
Err, these aren't the specific details taught, are they? As in, are these the...core idea being taught, or just the introduction before going deeper into the subjects at hand?
...Though if those were the exact details and non-paraphrased, that Sex Ed teacher is just. That isn't true at all! >:I
The stage of education or in how many words they were said doesn't really matter.
It's still incorrect.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 05:47:15 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59511 on: September 30, 2014, 05:46:21 pm »

I meant American as in the US.

Also, your sex ed teacher sounds like either a throwback from victorian times or otherwise really stupid. Also, Marie Curie anybody, for a great scientist?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #59512 on: September 30, 2014, 05:47:11 pm »

-idiotsnip-
And I thought the shitty pseudoscience they handed us in Health was bad.

* Tawarochir flips through his spellbook to find the best one to destroy whoever the hell came up with that stuff

What do you guys think, Meteor Swarm his house or use Dominate Monster and tell him to jump off a cliff? :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #59513 on: September 30, 2014, 05:48:35 pm »

@___@
I don't even
Err, these aren't the specific details taught, are they? As in, are these the...core idea being taught, or just the introduction before going deeper into the subjects at hand?
...Though if those were the exact details and non-paraphrased, that Sex Ed teacher is just. That isn't true at all! >:I
The stage of education or in how many words they were said doesn't really matter.
It's still incorrect.
I know, and I tried to hold onto the benefit of the doubt >_>
It slipped as I re-read it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59514 on: September 30, 2014, 05:48:59 pm »

-idiotsnip-

* Tawarochir flips through his spellbook to find the best one to destroy whoever the hell came up with that stuff

What do you guys think, Meteor Swarm his house or use Dominate Monster and tell him to jump off a cliff? :P
Fear and berserk.  Hostile to all nearby peoples but too scared to fight them so he runs :.

---

Oh, somebody just asked me if I was playing 'that 100011001 game' again.  Silly guy.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #59515 on: September 30, 2014, 05:52:39 pm »

-idiotsnip-

Wouldn't that be Dominate Pers- oh, right.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59516 on: September 30, 2014, 05:54:22 pm »

Oh, somebody just asked me if I was playing 'that 100011001 game' again.  Silly guy.
What game is that?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59517 on: September 30, 2014, 05:58:31 pm »

What game is that?
Most likely DF, but possibly Nethack
PKs DF Mod!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59518 on: September 30, 2014, 05:59:17 pm »

Caroline...

Wat. .-.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59519 on: September 30, 2014, 06:09:39 pm »

I am seriously beginning to question the accuracy of the information my school gives us.
... examples?

Biology teacher: Animals wouldn't see plants green, they'd see them black-and-white, because they can't see UV rays and UV rays are the light we see.

Sex Ed: See, sperm contains nutrients, which makes men smarter, which is why all the great inventors and scientists in history were men. Also, because of this, masturbating makes you dumb.

Spanish Teacher: Well, if evolution is real, and progress was really slow, then how do we see this civilization (ancient mesopotamia) rise out of nowhere from dumb cavemen?
Listen, children: the thing is, the two theories we believe in, which are creationism, the one we all believe in that means God made the world, and evolution, are opposites and both deny each other, which is why there are problems between creationists and evolution.

Things like that.
Burn it. Burn it to the ground and burn whatever they use as textbooks as well. Don't inhale the smoke, it might make you dumber.

But seriously, that's messed up like some schools in USA. And that's saying a lot...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!
Pages: 1 ... 3966 3967 [3968] 3969 3970 ... 11038