Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3864 3865 [3866] 3867 3868 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14431612 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #57975 on: September 08, 2014, 08:27:02 am »

-snip-
Personally I think you'd get enough fun out of just having the key require the person to open any locked object they encounter, without all that conceptual stuff. Imagine the fun situations that would put the character in every time they tried to go to the bank or the marketplace? It's something that's a fun play on the concept, but doesn't run into "the ability to do anything by parsing it as being 'locked away' " problem.
The first was specifically intended as the 'this is actually reasonably balanced both objectively and in terms of the drawbacks and benefits', while the second was likewise except for being
...way too open-ended and will likely lead to disaster one way or another.

Of course, for the 'compulsion to open locks', it'd be even better funnier with a set of cursed lockpicks.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57977 on: September 08, 2014, 08:30:55 am »

I guarantee to you that Left Behind has created far more atheists than Christians.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57978 on: September 08, 2014, 08:34:40 am »

._.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57979 on: September 08, 2014, 09:03:49 am »

Looking through metal gear rising videos and randomly finding irontomato twice.
NANOMACHINES SON.
SO YA LIKE PLAYIN' HIDE AND SEEK YA LITTLE BITCH
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 09:11:07 am by IronTomato »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57980 on: September 08, 2014, 09:12:43 am »

jesus christ

Theres several wtfs in that article itself. That's what happens when you let religious conservatives run a college.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57981 on: September 08, 2014, 09:22:31 am »

jesus christ

Theres several wtfs in that article itself. That's what happens when you let religious conservatives run a college anything.

Bronze-age victim-blaming and superstition do not the basis for a good society make.

3. Run Resize Enable

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #57982 on: September 08, 2014, 09:23:05 am »

jesus christ

Theres several wtfs in that article itself. That's what happens when you let religious conservatives run a college.
No, this is what happens when you let people who are more concerned about college image run a college.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57983 on: September 08, 2014, 09:27:39 am »

jesus christ

No, this is what happens when you let people who are more concerned about college image run a college.
Sure is convenient how all of the good that comes from a cultural artifact is always associated with it, but any evil begotten by it is completely unrelated to that same cultural artifact, eh?

3. Run Resize Enable

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57984 on: September 08, 2014, 09:29:29 am »

jesus christ

Sure is convenient how all of the good that comes from a cultural artifact is always associated with it, but any evil begotten by it is completely unrelated to that same cultural artifact, eh?

dice, religious conversatives are responsible or a lot of bull but now you're just making shit up to suit your own agenda

this kinda shit is being pulled in colleges all over the states, no matter if it's ran by

specifically because of what persus said

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #57985 on: September 08, 2014, 10:20:55 am »

Here's an article related to that specific brand of Christianity.

for any school of thought! there is extremism

Edit: then there's the recently viral story of the Columbia student protesting her alleged rape. Columbia, you know? Ivy League?

here
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 10:36:16 am by TamerVirus »
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57986 on: September 08, 2014, 10:30:07 am »

The school consistently prioritizes keeping its spot-free image (necessary to maintain its far-right, hyper evangelical donor base happy), over the well being of its students,” she wrote in an e-mail.

Herein lies the rub. The school is a business, and they have to keep their image clean. The same despicable bullshit happens all over the nation, but this seems to take the cake.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57987 on: September 08, 2014, 11:38:04 am »

jesus christ

dice, religious conversatives are responsible or a lot of bull but now you're just making shit up to suit your own agenda

this kinda shit is being pulled in colleges all over the states, no matter if it's ran by

specifically because of what persus said

Not denying that, but I probably could have been clearer.

Most universities will still do a quick turnaround and come down like a hammer on the perpetrator if the story gets out, because that is the optimal approach from a public-relations perspective. Of course they won't disturb the status quo if the victim stays quiet. I'm arguing that in most cases the university in question, although not particularly ethical, is fundamentally a rational actor, and will quickly shift from victim-blaming to a crackdown if it suits their needs.

On a related note, where do you think we get the elected officials that victim-blame or outright argue that there's no such thing as rape? They don't spontaneously generate from a pile of hypocritical, metaphorical crap. They're a product of the same strain of religious extremism, and they are demonstrating learned behavior.

Also note: I am not suggesting that all Christians are like that, or even the vast majority of them. I am not even suggesting that the majority of the U.S. religious far-right is like that. But neither am I going to pretend that none of them are, or that they have nothing to do with this sort of attitude. I'm not even necessarily saying that the specific individuals involved are evil or whatever, but just because your mindset was formed by a pretty fucked up worldview espoused by previous generations doesn't mean you get a free ride on continuing it.

And frankly, on a personal note, if I ever found that I was affiliated, be it directly or indirectly, with people who (pardon the pun) preached this sort of ideology from a subset of a group I belonged to, I'd be working to discredit them rather than plastering the behavior over with generalizations about larger wholes that don't espouse the same sort of hatred and fear.

3. Run Resize Enable

Mustard Elemental

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57988 on: September 08, 2014, 12:58:41 pm »

In 2006, a Czech research team[37] discovered women with high levels of toxoplasmosis antibodies were significantly more likely to have baby boys than baby girls. In most populations, the birth rate is around 51% boys, but women infected with T. gondii had up to a 72% chance of a boy.[38][39] In mice, the sex ratio was higher in early latent toxoplasmosis and lower in later latent toxoplasmosis.[39]

Well, I can imagine people in China purposely infecting themselves with this.
Inb4 outbreak
The military is all gathered in one huge mass on top of the ramp to the mountaintop, where the entrance is. Apparently they spend their time taking potshots at owls, pushing babies off the ledge, and giggling.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57989 on: September 08, 2014, 01:11:37 pm »

Buses. I hate them. It took an hour before I was actually able to get on one today, because of how many people were on them. The crappy part is that most of the occupants of the bus I was on got off at a highschool. Practically emptied. Because the kids aren't on a proper school bus route.

My schedule had apparently changed, unbeknownst to me. Went to the wrong class. A half hour late.

When I do find my proper computers class I find out that the room has no computers. We bring our own. Thankfully I did have my laptop with me. Unfortunately I did not go down to IT before class and get them to allow me onto the network, so I couldn't do anything that class. Also, Macs and other apple products aren't allowed as the software we use isn't compatible, unles you perform some sort of infernal witchcraft ritual, according to the few Mac users who got the program to work.

So after class I went down to IT and picked a number. I waited a while, and when I got up to the counter, I was told that this was not where I was supposed to go to get help getting onto the wifi. Somehow I didn't notice all of the vibrantly coloured signs informing others of where to go to access the wifi or reset our passwords. So I went to the room, only to find the doors locked. I went back to IT, when I noticed that the signs from earlier had arrows on them pointing in a different direction from where I originally went. One side of the room was locked, but not the other. Hell, there were even arrows on the floor to show you which way you are supposed to go.

So I waited in line, and got my password reset. I went to a nearby computer to quickly sign in and change my password, but nothing I tried would log me in. I tried all sorts of common passwords, but none of them worked. So I waited in line again and asked what the password is reset to. "Oh, it's (password)"

I already tried what he told me. Turns out that when I tried to put that password in, I accidentally capitalized the first letter.
Pages: 1 ... 3864 3865 [3866] 3867 3868 ... 11039