Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3863 3864 [3865] 3866 3867 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432419 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #57960 on: September 07, 2014, 11:09:56 pm »

All those numbers and you don't even bother to mention that anything dropped to -10 or lower by the spell gets disintegrated, too. 305-1830 damage that turns you into dust.

And then comes the metamagic feats :3
I noticed that, but the sheer number of d6es kinda outweighed the balefire effects. It has got to take a fucking huge amount of minmaxing to survive that.

And an internet so that you don't have to roll that by hand.

You know what, if I ever cast that, I am going to roll every damned die with my own fists. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #57961 on: September 07, 2014, 11:10:56 pm »

Beware the Invisible Christopher Walken (D&D's secret final boss)! Damage? Take all the dice you own, roll them, that's how much damage everybody takes. That's the DM, too.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57962 on: September 07, 2014, 11:59:24 pm »

Playing Pathfinder with a few friends when one of the loot items we find is a magical key. The party member who picked it up had to roll a will save, and failed. The key forced him to use it, and in doing so opened up a portal to a dimension made up of a seemingly endless series of tropical islands in an infinite sea. The sole inhabitant and ruler of this dimension?

A massive beholder. Wearing a cowboy hat. He was friendly.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #57963 on: September 08, 2014, 12:03:36 am »

Relevant. Not relevant to BlackFlyme's thing. Relevant to the dice damage thing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57964 on: September 08, 2014, 12:19:38 am »

Huh. Now I have an idea for a cursed key which can open any lock, but which compels the bearer to open every lock they encounter. The nastier version of the curse includes both working on and compelling the bypassing of 'conceptual' locks; are you "locked" out of a social circle, "locked" out of a certain mode of behavior because of the norms of the place you're in, ...&c?

So, for example, you're in a LG city run by legitimately LG paladin order #462, who forbid all sorts of things, including killing. You need to assassinate a BBEG's catspaw, but don't have any proof of guilt. Obviously you could just kill them quietly and sneak out, arrange their death by 'accident', &c., but the keybearer would be compelled to "open" the conceptual "lock" created by the laws of the paladin order. It would provide the conceptual "key" by guiding the bearer to a faction that wants harsher standards of justice and lower thresholds of proof. The end result, if successfully pursued, would be a much greyer, less good-more Good in Name Only city that executes Evil creatures and individuals on sight as well as conducting random and checkpoint Detect Evil scans, but which also approves of the party ganking the BBEG's minion.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #57965 on: September 08, 2014, 12:30:22 am »

That sounds way too open-ended and will likely lead to disaster one way or another.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #57966 on: September 08, 2014, 12:47:27 am »

That sounds way too open-ended and will likely lead to disaster one way or another.
A cursed key that has the ability to open any one lock, but curses the bearer to never be able to open a lock again. More annoying than dangerous, and oddly specific.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57967 on: September 08, 2014, 01:26:38 am »

Give them a phobia of locks? Have an epic, final, LotR moment near the end where he battles the key mentally sorta to open a lock?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #57968 on: September 08, 2014, 01:31:04 am »

Huh, did that RTD suggestion thread thing die? As well as that forum game one?
Didn't even notice that, and I had so many cool ideas.

You could obviously use thread necromancey. Its kosher for threads of that nature
It's still open :v
Just post.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #57969 on: September 08, 2014, 03:58:38 am »

-snip-
Personally I think you'd get enough fun out of just having the key require the person to open any locked object they encounter, without all that conceptual stuff. Imagine the fun situations that would put the character in every time they tried to go to the bank or the marketplace? It's something that's a fun play on the concept, but doesn't run into "the ability to do anything by parsing it as being 'locked away' " problem.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57970 on: September 08, 2014, 04:12:14 am »

Every time they fail to open a lock, one of their fingers turns into a key?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #57971 on: September 08, 2014, 04:13:38 am »

A key that can only open one specific lock, and can only be restored to fingerness when that lock is opened?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57972 on: September 08, 2014, 07:03:02 am »

Parents bought a new toilet seat yesterday. Not sure what was wrong with the old one(and I do not want to find out).

That's not WTFing me. After giving it its inaugural run, I pick up the can of bathroom cleaner to clean it, and something that looks like watery blood comes out the nozzle.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57973 on: September 08, 2014, 07:38:11 am »

The consecration is complete. Let only the worthy take their place upon the anointed throne.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57974 on: September 08, 2014, 08:23:52 am »

I have no idea what is going on. Yesterday I was doing a google search, and I accidentally hit my keyboard, and suddenly the whole thing changed. The font has changed, along with a lot of smaller changes on the page (I think even the results have changed), additionally extra functionally like the timer and the easter eggs no longer work, and a black bar has appeared at the top that appears to have something to do with google plus.

Does anyone have any idea what option I could have enabled and how I could turn it off? Or if I have a virus or something crazy like that?

Here is a screenshot of the search

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3863 3864 [3865] 3866 3867 ... 11039