Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3835 3836 [3837] 3838 3839 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14455826 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #57540 on: September 02, 2014, 03:21:20 pm »

Spoiler:  off current topic (click to show/hide)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #57541 on: September 02, 2014, 03:22:32 pm »

Just watched Primer.

Think I'm gonna need another couple rewatchings to figure out the later half of the movie. Still damn cool too :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57542 on: September 02, 2014, 03:35:01 pm »

Oh, come now, I'm sure it's not the first time the place has gotten a ridiculous amount of negative publicity and an influx of newbies bent on turning it into 9gag.
Or whatever's happening, there's really a lot that could result from The Event That Shall Not Be Named For It Is Not Appropriate For Bay12.
Oh, the former is not the first. Mods enforcing DMCA take downs of copyrighted images however, is.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #57543 on: September 02, 2014, 03:43:44 pm »

I keep forgetting that I'm creepy.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57544 on: September 02, 2014, 03:45:22 pm »

Oh, come now, I'm sure it's not the first time the place has gotten a ridiculous amount of negative publicity and an influx of newbies bent on turning it into 9gag.
Or whatever's happening, there's really a lot that could result from The Event That Shall Not Be Named For It Is Not Appropriate For Bay12.
Oh, the former is not the first. Mods enforcing DMCA take downs of copyrighted images however, is.
Entirely pointless, honestly. On the high-traffic boards stuff is only up for a few hours in the first place, and it's also trivial to modify an image to bypass automated filters. All you have to do is change a pixel.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57545 on: September 02, 2014, 03:48:59 pm »

Spoiler:  off current topic (click to show/hide)
Can mandatory overtime even be a thing? It seems to miss the point a little bit. You know, the fact that they employed you with a contract to work a certain number of hours, and they can't force you to do more than that so they offer incentives to do so instead.

Preedit: How come nobody mentions Reddit? To be honest it probably had a bigger hand in archival and distribution than 4chan could, because of the different structures of how the sites work.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #57546 on: September 02, 2014, 03:52:22 pm »

Just watched Primer.

Think I'm gonna need another couple rewatchings to figure out the later half of the movie. Still damn cool too :D
This ought to help.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57547 on: September 02, 2014, 03:52:47 pm »

Manditory Overtime has always been a thing.

It also isn't unusual for a business not to promote you just because you havn't been putting in overtime (this is a common way Pregnant women, or just women with children in general, get screwed over)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57548 on: September 02, 2014, 03:55:22 pm »

Can mandatory overtime even be a thing? It seems to miss the point a little bit. You know, the fact that they employed you with a contract to work a certain number of hours, and they can't force you to do more than that so they offer incentives to do so instead.
Suuuuuure they can. It's called "work four hours more or get out". Or never get promoted, get schedule buggered for the rest of ever, etc., so forth, so on. You (maybe) get paid more for that mandatory overtime, but it's, well. Not a choice. Despite whatever your contract may say (and it probably has a section on mandatory overtime, so any attempts to find succor there can get bent).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #57550 on: September 02, 2014, 03:58:14 pm »

You know, the fact that they employed you with a contract to work a certain number of hours

While I can't speak for Grak, the vast majority of workers in the US have no contract, and can be ordered to work any number of hours that the employer wants, when they want, and can be terminated for any reason, or none.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57551 on: September 02, 2014, 04:05:10 pm »

Entirely pointless, honestly. On the high-traffic boards stuff is only up for a few hours in the first place, and it's also trivial to modify an image to bypass automated filters. All you have to do is change a pixel.
Mass bans and deletions. Many if not most will simply return from their bans with dynamic IPs and shit, but the mods are against the Anons and are in full force social engineering.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57552 on: September 02, 2014, 04:06:37 pm »

While I can't speak for Grak, the vast majority of workers in the US have no contract, and can be ordered to work any number of hours that the employer wants, when they want, and can be terminated for any reason, or none.
That sounds ever so slightly illegal.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57553 on: September 02, 2014, 04:07:37 pm »

That sounds ever so slightly illegal.
WELCOME TO THE US
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #57554 on: September 02, 2014, 04:08:22 pm »

Yeah, not in the states honey. Welcome to capitalism, please bend over and prepare your sphincter.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 3835 3836 [3837] 3838 3839 ... 11040