Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3609 3610 [3611] 3612 3613 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470854 times)

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #54150 on: July 15, 2014, 12:06:59 am »

I just realized that I read all of LSP's posts in raocow's voice.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54151 on: July 15, 2014, 12:07:49 am »

Honestly it feels like the people in the lower boards are a lot tighter of a group than the ones in the upper boards. It is harder of a scene to break into. At least for me it is.

^This. I mean, the upper boards are people who play a game discussing about a game and most of them are strangers. But everyone down here knows everybody else. Its the same old crowd mostly[Exceptions abound. I should know.] Hell, **I** know everybody else and I've only been here a couple years[counting a year of lurking before making an account]. I personally avoid the emotion threads most of the time because I realize my post might be really stupid/inconsiderate and don't want people reacting badly to it. And by the time its revised properly, 7-8 other people have posted.

Well, actually, only one person posted before me with this particular post[Does LSP count as only one person? He's everywhere.].

This is less accurate than it might seem at first glance. Probably two-thirds or so of people that you could accurately describe as being well-known down here when I first started lurking have since departed for one reason or another, or barely ever seem to be around, and that's only been what, less than four years since I made my account? Heck, part of the reason why I grew to like B12 LB so much is because of how easy it was to be accepted and how rare it was for people to be genuinely and intentionally hurtful towards each other (that, the lack of postcount-worshipping, and the fact that Toady is the most benevolent admin I've ever seen, at any rate).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54152 on: July 15, 2014, 12:09:13 am »

Honestly it feels like the people in the lower boards are a lot tighter of a group than the ones in the upper boards. It is harder of a scene to break into. At least for me it is.

^This. I mean, the upper boards are people who play a game discussing about a game and most of them are strangers. But everyone down here knows everybody else. Its the same old crowd mostly[Exceptions abound. I should know.] Hell, **I** know everybody else and I've only been here a couple years[counting a year of lurking before making an account]. I personally avoid the emotion threads most of the time because I realize my post might be really stupid/inconsiderate and don't want people reacting badly to it. And by the time its revised properly, 7-8 other people have posted.

Well, actually, only one person posted before me with this particular post[Does LSP count as only one person? He's everywhere.].

This is less accurate than it might seem at first glance. Probably two-thirds or so of people that you could accurately describe as being well-known down here when I first started lurking have since departed for one reason or another, or barely ever seem to be around, and that's only been what, less than four years since I made my account? Heck, part of the reason why I grew to like B12 LB so much is because of how easy it was to be accepted and how rare it was for people to be genuinely and intentionally hurtful towards each other (that, the lack of postcount-worshipping, and the fact that Toady is the most benevolent admin I've ever seen, at any rate).
True story. This is by far the nicest and most erudite place on the internet, despite our recent Tumblr shenanigans.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #54153 on: July 15, 2014, 12:29:45 am »

Thanks, hope it's of dwarven construction, wouldn't want to accidently break it. :)
Actually, some say it was forged in the fires of Hell.
Others believe it was created from the unholy power of FG&RP.
I say I don't even remember where I got it, it was so long ago.  :P
Take a closer look at this text!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54154 on: July 15, 2014, 12:40:53 am »

I've been here for... maybe two years?  And I'm still not fully in.  Mainly because a lot of my activity is just lurking, or writing a large post, thinking "Fuck it" and deleting the entire thing and moving on.
*long time but still not fully in brofist*

Don't worry we can have Toady make us our own section.  Call it the longbeards section.  Put up a sign that says "no greater than 20 posts a day allowed".
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54155 on: July 15, 2014, 12:53:25 am »

I've vibrated slowly into everyones hearts~

except not really i'm pretty sure a lot of you hate me.
Not any more than I hate most people.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54156 on: July 15, 2014, 12:55:41 am »

I've been here for... maybe two years?  And I'm still not fully in.  Mainly because a lot of my activity is just lurking, or writing a large post, thinking "Fuck it" and deleting the entire thing and moving on.

Don't worry we can have Toady make us our own section.  Call it the longbeards section.  Put up a sign that says "no greater than 20 posts a day allowed".
For some reason, I had assumed that you, Grieger, had been here longer than me. Odd.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #54157 on: July 15, 2014, 12:58:05 am »

For some reason, I had assumed that you, Grieger, had been here longer than me. Odd.

Greiger's been around 3 years longer than you though??

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54158 on: July 15, 2014, 01:07:21 am »

I still consider myself a newbie sometimes, especially when older forumites come out of retirement and I have no idea who they are :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54159 on: July 15, 2014, 01:10:10 am »

* LordSlowpoke puts a set of black cat ears on sirus

* LordSlowpoke bofs them on the back also

yer'll be foin m8

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #54160 on: July 15, 2014, 01:12:29 am »

Arm_ok needs to post more.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #54161 on: July 15, 2014, 01:53:35 am »

HA, I'm the newbie in this forum so all you newbie poseurs back off! I will say posting here has done wonders for my spelling though, you just have to look at bay12 goes to vegas to see that.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54162 on: July 15, 2014, 01:56:18 am »

Nope, you're not. I joined roughly two months after you.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #54163 on: July 15, 2014, 01:56:56 am »

Nope, you're not. I joined roughly two months after you.
Check this guy out!  8)
By which I mean me.
Take a closer look at this text!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #54164 on: July 15, 2014, 02:02:31 am »

Damn you and your late signing upiness*, the newbie position was supposed to be MINE!
*That's totally a word now, upiness.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 3609 3610 [3611] 3612 3613 ... 11037