Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3608 3609 [3610] 3611 3612 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14470712 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #54135 on: July 14, 2014, 11:29:24 pm »

Actually, some of the oldest still stick around the upperboards it seems. I don't think we have anyone exeptionally old that stays down here anymore outside of some people in mafia and FG&RP.

And still this is nothing new. I remember people getting themselves banned over disagreeing about what's an acceptable avatar around when I joined.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #54136 on: July 14, 2014, 11:37:42 pm »

Again I'd like to put out my theory that the lower boards were part of the upper boards until a grand civil war carved a schism between the two. As a result both boards developed separate cultures and separate identities. Between the two is a neutral, demilitarized zone.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54137 on: July 14, 2014, 11:41:38 pm »

The lower boards are pretty much the soul of the forum. You get new players looking through the lobby DF Discussion, glancing at the crusty stairs down to the Slaves to Armok subforum, passing through the bloodstained corridors of LCS and Mafia, before finally reaching the wide, open valley of General Discussion.
The oldest and most active members are here. Some of them kind of sink into the floor or are banhammered, but for the most part it's very lively.

Edit: I spent too much typing and got ninja'd six times.
Doubleedit: Nope, seven.

This made me think of the boards as being comparable to default DF. The upperboards are the surface and as you descend you enter the cavern layers. Older members are like Forgotten Beasts and Titans in stature and formidability.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #54138 on: July 14, 2014, 11:43:12 pm »

Only it's way more boring than that. And trying to dress it up just makes you look a little weird to be honest.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54139 on: July 14, 2014, 11:47:24 pm »

I also notice that those who talk about it that way tend to be in the lower boards. :P I think these discussions about the differences between the two mostly crop up down here.

I don't really know how the Upper Boards think of the Lower Boards, those who don't frequent both, anyway.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54140 on: July 14, 2014, 11:49:04 pm »

Again I'd like to put out my theory that the lower boards were part of the upper boards until a grand civil war carved a schism between the two. As a result both boards developed separate cultures and separate identities. Between the two is a neutral, demilitarized zone.
The demilitarized zone is the ruins of the VN mobile battlefortress.  Over time the leaf tailed lizard men, and the more insane liberals took over and colonized the wreckage.  It is rumored that a bizzare kobold god has taken up residence in the ruins, but none have seen it in years.

The lower boards have extended their territory a bit into the other games region, but the area is still a dangerous place.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54141 on: July 14, 2014, 11:50:59 pm »

I probably am a little weird to be honest.

Honestly it feels like the people in the lower boards are a lot tighter of a group than the ones in the upper boards. It is harder of a scene to break into. At least for me it is.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54142 on: July 14, 2014, 11:52:25 pm »

some people have made it a habit to throw a red carpet in front of more or less every lunatic to visit the emotion threads

can you explain in more detail what you mean maybe

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54143 on: July 14, 2014, 11:57:13 pm »

Honestly it feels like the people in the lower boards are a lot tighter of a group than the ones in the upper boards. It is harder of a scene to break into. At least for me it is.

^This. I mean, the upper boards are people who play a game discussing about a game and most of them are strangers. But everyone down here knows everybody else. Its the same old crowd mostly[Exceptions abound. I should know.] Hell, **I** know everybody else and I've only been here a couple years[counting a year of lurking before making an account]. I personally avoid the emotion threads most of the time because I realize my post might be really stupid/inconsiderate and don't want people reacting badly to it. And by the time its revised properly, 7-8 other people have posted.

Well, actually, only one person posted before me with this particular post[Does LSP count as only one person? He's everywhere.].
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54144 on: July 14, 2014, 11:57:54 pm »

^This. I mean, the upper boards are people who play a game discussing about a game and most of them are strangers. But everyone down here knows everybody else. Its the same old crowd mostly[Exceptions abound. I should know.] Hell, **I** know everybody else and I've only been here a couple years[counting a year of lurking before making an account]. I personally avoid the emotion threads most of the time because I realize my post might be really stupid/inconsiderate and don't want people reacting badly to it. And by the time its revised properly, 7-8 other people have posted.

Well, actually, only one person posted before me with this particular post[Does LSP count as only one person? He's everywhere.].
LSP is not a person. He's a spacetime anomaly.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #54145 on: July 14, 2014, 11:58:31 pm »

I'll let you borrow my axe, that's how I got in.  :P
Take a closer look at this text!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54146 on: July 15, 2014, 12:01:49 am »

I've vibrated slowly into everyones hearts~

except not really i'm pretty sure a lot of you hate me.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54147 on: July 15, 2014, 12:03:18 am »

some people have made it a habit to throw a red carpet in front of more or less every lunatic to visit the emotion threads

can you explain in more detail what you mean maybe

Arcvasti seems to have essentially expounded upon what I mean quite nicely. It isn't that you aren't welcoming it's just the same feeling as changing to a school where you don't know anyone mid-year for example.

Thanks, hope it's of dwarven construction, wouldn't want to accidently break it. :)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #54148 on: July 15, 2014, 12:03:48 am »

I don't hate you, Descan, just the fad :P
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54149 on: July 15, 2014, 12:04:45 am »

I've been here for... maybe two years?  And I'm still not fully in.  Mainly because a lot of my activity is just lurking, or writing a large post, thinking "Fuck it" and deleting the entire thing and moving on. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.
Pages: 1 ... 3608 3609 [3610] 3611 3612 ... 11037