Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3509 3510 [3511] 3512 3513 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14441542 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #52650 on: June 28, 2014, 03:19:56 am »

That's...
Huh. I lost some faith in Bay12 today.

If it helps any, the majority of people here were against getting into it, and some of the people that went to the other forum did so to ask others to stop.
Generalizing isn't good :<
The work of individuals create the scenery, but its not like that work supports itself.
Kudos to those who settled it calmly.
...what's your point?
And yes, kudos to those who either settled it calmly, or tries to stop it.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #52651 on: June 28, 2014, 03:21:54 am »

That the actions of a few, in such cases that loss of faith occurs, does not speak for the actions and beliefs of all. :I

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #52652 on: June 28, 2014, 03:25:53 am »

I am aware that the actions of the few don't speak for the many. Doesn't mean I can't lose faith, though.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #52653 on: June 28, 2014, 03:28:20 am »

Still, it is sorta indicative of the general mindset of the FG&RP board, RTD and Mafia excluded. I could say more, but there's honestly no point to me saying my further thoughts on the matter.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52654 on: June 28, 2014, 05:05:01 am »

While typing "what to do if illegally evicted ny" into Google, Google suggested "what to do if your infant's foreskin is forcibly retracted". Why, Google, why.

On the plus side, I did learn that I can get the police the let me back into my home.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52655 on: June 28, 2014, 12:10:45 pm »

Though I would recommend doing so for just long enough to retrieve any things of yours that you may have left behind. Honestly, giving you an easy out is the best thing those assholes have ever done for you.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #52656 on: June 28, 2014, 12:16:45 pm »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/23/us-student-rescued-giant-vagina-sculpture-germany

To be honest, the wtf is that it's not happened sooner.

Also love the last quote:

"The mayor of Tübingen told the Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper that he struggled to imagine how the accident could have happened, "even when considering the most extreme adolescent fantasies. To reward such a masterly achievement with the use of 22 firefighters almost pains my soul."
wot

This is just wot
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52657 on: June 28, 2014, 04:08:51 pm »

I just realized I spent most of the day watching some kids' show called Lalaloopsy, mostly not really focusing on it. ...It's surprisingly good, though not in the way people liked My Little Pony.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52658 on: June 28, 2014, 04:11:24 pm »

I have no words.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #52659 on: June 28, 2014, 04:14:18 pm »

I have no words.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I sniggered at that.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #52660 on: June 28, 2014, 04:29:15 pm »

Today has especially been a pain in the butt. I can't focus for crap. I feel like I'm somewhat drunk, but I haven't had anything to drink in quite some time.

Family trying to get free crap outta me again. Bugging the shit out of me. Hurray. Also one of their kids came over and gave my cat some abuse, so now she is hiding and won't come out. Yup, if the constant nagging wasn't enough, abusing my animal is sure to make me wanna help....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52661 on: June 28, 2014, 04:47:04 pm »

Today has especially been a pain in the butt. I can't focus for crap. I feel like I'm somewhat drunk, but I haven't had anything to drink in quite some time.

Family trying to get free crap outta me again. Bugging the shit out of me. Hurray. Also one of their kids came over and gave my cat some abuse, so now she is hiding and won't come out. Yup, if the constant nagging wasn't enough, abusing my animal is sure to make me wanna help....
Brat disappears, your cat is well fed next few days. Sounds like a plan?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52662 on: June 28, 2014, 07:50:02 pm »

My nan gave me her laptop, so I can fix it.

It is borked. It cannot connect to the internet because of a redirect virus that always sends it to a non-existant page, no matter what you type into the address bar.

The thing is loaded with adware, and she has no functioning anti-virus software or cleaning tools of any kind.

She does have one anti-virus program, but it refuses to open. Likely because it has either been blocked by a virus or it is programmed not to function unless it is up to date.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52663 on: June 28, 2014, 07:56:02 pm »

It is borked. It cannot connect to the internet because of a redirect virus that always sends it to a non-existant page, no matter what you type into the address bar.

The thing is loaded with adware, and she has no functioning anti-virus software or cleaning tools of any kind.

She does have one anti-virus program, but it refuses to open. Likely because it has either been blocked by a virus or it is programmed not to function unless it is up to date.
I suggest you daub the laptop in pitch and set it alight.
It's the only way.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #52664 on: June 28, 2014, 07:56:38 pm »

Reminds me of a time my computer whiz father got a friend's machine with a request to "make it run faster".

For starters, when you opened the internet browser, like half the screen was blocked with toolbars and stuff. It was outrageous.

Which brings me to a similar topic: I think it isn't quite... right that every computer in my school has Windows for an OS.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 3509 3510 [3511] 3512 3513 ... 11040