Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3378 3379 [3380] 3381 3382 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14460047 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #50685 on: June 03, 2014, 02:48:57 pm »

Thank to the wonderful powers of Facebook, I now know that several of my friends like Christian Pick Up Lines.

I'm not sure what to do with this information.
"Hey baby, how about we Exodus from here and go back to my place."
"I'd spend 40 days on an ark with you, poppy"
* Dutchling drowns in pussy

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50686 on: June 03, 2014, 02:54:56 pm »

"I love the smell of frankincense on a woman"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50688 on: June 03, 2014, 02:59:48 pm »

"That habit looks good on you- but it'd look even better on my bedroom floor."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #50689 on: June 03, 2014, 03:02:41 pm »

Just got a call today, the caller ID was the name of my dead dad. ??? that's not creepy at all.

THEN WHO WAS PHONE!
*dies*

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #50690 on: June 03, 2014, 03:10:35 pm »

"Baby, I would curse an off-season fig tree that didn't have any fruits to die just for you."
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #50691 on: June 03, 2014, 03:15:30 pm »

Just got a call today, the caller ID was the name of my dead dad. ??? that's not creepy at all.
Who was on the other end of the phone?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #50692 on: June 03, 2014, 03:21:13 pm »

Err, wait, when you say caller ID that's the number that shows up on unknown calls right?
...Or did it exactly match up the contact..of your dad?

Did you answer? :o

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #50693 on: June 03, 2014, 03:22:40 pm »

Err, wait, when you say caller ID that's the number that shows up on unknown calls right?
...Or did it exactly match up the contact..of your dad?

Did you answer? :o

It was a missed call. it looked a lot like my phone number though which is strange. and indeed it was the name of my dad that showed up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50694 on: June 03, 2014, 04:26:00 pm »

Just saw an old World's Dumbest Smartest Inventions episode.   It had what looked like a cool idea.  A baseball cap with a solar powered fan built into the visor.

It looked ridiculous, but I got to thinking that maybe if they took the hat, and placed a thin layer of some dark hard to see through but breathable fabric over the visor, add some structural support to the fabric, and put the solar panel on the back, so that it would look more like one of those flat caps, it might sell, and actually sell well at that.

I mean I don't wear hats and I would buy it if it didn't look so ridiculous.  Make the fan harder to see and the solar panel harder to notice and it goes from stupid to functional,  maybe even stylish.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:32:58 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #50695 on: June 03, 2014, 04:38:33 pm »

Warning, NSFW due to vulgar language from the judge.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/brevard-judge-accused-punching-public-defender/ngCGC/

Ah, the judge just straight up physically fighting the public defender for doing his job.... People wonder why I don't wanna be a lawyer anymore.

Do you hear that judge on video getting pissed at the poor lawyer just for doing his job? He can't force the issue and the state screwed up. This situation is either waive speedy trial or set for trial and that is in the video.

Listen closely to the judge on the tape once they go in the back, you can hear the judge thumping the lawyer and asking that lawyer if "do you wanna fuck with me!?" After that you can hear the judge talking to the deputy saying "you need to arrest him right. now."

I like the "if I had a rock, I'd throw it at you...." All of the judge's comments are priceless really.

Notice the round of applause the lawyer recieves when he calmly comes back in to the stand podium.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50696 on: June 03, 2014, 04:42:11 pm »

So why was the judge trying to tell the lawyer what to do? I don't understand the motivation.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #50697 on: June 03, 2014, 04:43:38 pm »

Just saw an old World's Dumbest Smartest Inventions episode.   It had what looked like a cool idea.  A baseball cap with a solar powered fan built into the visor.

It looked ridiculous, but I got to thinking that maybe if they took the hat, and placed a thin layer of some dark hard to see through but breathable fabric over the visor, add some structural support to the fabric, and put the solar panel on the back, so that it would look more like one of those flat caps, it might sell, and actually sell well at that.

I mean I don't wear hats and I would buy it if it didn't look so ridiculous.  Make the fan harder to see and the solar panel harder to notice and it goes from stupid to functional,  maybe even stylish.
Do you accept the Souls of my Victims currency?

Edit: Put in the wrong quote :P
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:52:18 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50698 on: June 03, 2014, 04:48:00 pm »

This is Florida?  Damn remind me never to end up in court around here.  And the article says that the judge wasn't arrested? 

That's straight up assault with officers present, that's pretty damn open and shut.  So the public defender gets attacked, and gets reassigned instead of the judge going to jail?  I thought we were past the point where people were above the law.

Do you accept the Souls of my Victims currency?
Depends on if you accept potentially never getting it because I don't think I'd be able to get away with making and selling those things without paying the origonal inventor out the ass :P

(I'm also lazy)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:55:54 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50699 on: June 03, 2014, 05:39:22 pm »

"Baby, I would curse an off-season fig tree that didn't have any fruits to die just for you."
"You are so unblemished that I would sacrifice you."
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 3378 3379 [3380] 3381 3382 ... 11040