Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3163 3164 [3165] 3166 3167 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462498 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #47460 on: April 16, 2014, 03:16:12 pm »

But it's fine if I balance it out with OJ and fizzy water, right?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #47461 on: April 16, 2014, 03:18:23 pm »

I drink more pop than I should, and I drink 3 a day at the very max. Usually 2. Although it's more tooth-related than anything else.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #47462 on: April 16, 2014, 03:25:31 pm »

Just tried to count how much of things I drink every day

- 2-3 litres of water
 - 1 litre of milk
 - 'bout a pint of random fizzy water
 - no less then four pints of tea

You might ask why do I measure water and milk in litres and fizzy water and tea in pints. I have a mug that holds a pint, and I count mugs of fizzy water and tea I drink.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47463 on: April 16, 2014, 03:30:05 pm »

That's... Quite a lot. Do you happen to have a lot of salt and stuff in your diet?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47464 on: April 16, 2014, 03:32:12 pm »

If you drink 12 cans of soda in a day, you are what we call "someone with a drug abuse problem" and should seek help.

That's about the level that put one of my friends in college into the hospital, turns out the caffeine was damaging his heart at those levels.

I've only had five cans in between Saturday and right now.

I don't even know how someone could put down that many cans in a day.

E: Didn't notice the lead-up to this comment. A case of twelve cans should normally last me a bit longer than a week, anyways.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:34:05 pm by BlackFlyme »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47465 on: April 16, 2014, 03:33:09 pm »

I think I've drank about half a can of soda total in my entire life. I just can't stand the carbonation. Sets my teeth on edge.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47466 on: April 16, 2014, 03:35:28 pm »

I think I've drank about half a can of soda total in my entire life. I just can't stand the carbonation. Sets my teeth on edge.
Where did you manage to consume six ounces of soda? I don't even think you can get containers of it that small.

I don't drink any soda on most days, but when I do I tend to binge a bit.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47467 on: April 16, 2014, 03:37:57 pm »

I've only taken sips and then decided I didn't want to finish it.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47468 on: April 16, 2014, 03:43:05 pm »

That's... Quite a lot. Do you happen to have a lot of salt and stuff in your diet?

Nah. Never ever visited a nutritionist, though I possibly should. I have, like, 20 kilos of overweight I manage to remove on summer holidays when I am in the countryside, but then I grow it back every year in city.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47469 on: April 16, 2014, 03:50:48 pm »

Nah. Never ever visited a nutritionist, though I possibly should. I have, like, 20 kilos of overweight I manage to remove on summer holidays when I am in the countryside, but then I grow it back every year in city.
With that much liquid, you probably need quite a lot of salt and stuff. I was thinking more 'not enough salt' rather than 'a lot of junk food'.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47470 on: April 16, 2014, 03:54:48 pm »

I guess there are lots of salt in what I eat. I just guess it by taste of food in our cafeteria.

Junk food is not a big deal - I almost always eat at home or in cafeteria where rather traditional dishes are served.
I've got the point about salt, however. Thanks, I guess. Never thought about it until now.
Sigs

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47471 on: April 16, 2014, 05:16:01 pm »

My mother scheduled a dentist appointment an hour ago (it's now over) which I only found out about three hours ago, because it was apparently the particular dental office's only open spot until late June.

1. How does this scheduling work?
2. Why is my mother so concerned with my teeth? Except maybe for food, there's probably nothing that my family spends more on for me (sure, things like housing and utilities, but everyone uses those) over the course of a year than dental care, which I never actually *need*. I only get one checkup with a regular physician a year, but two with the dentist, and taking insurance into account they cost the same per appointment, so that's not a valid answer either.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47472 on: April 16, 2014, 09:30:20 pm »

Because one of the shittiest things that you can do to yourself is end up with a bunch of fillings by the time you're thirty. Going for regular dental checkups (and making sure to take care of your teeth) is one of the biggest ways to save yourself a lot of pain and money. FWIW, I've only seen a GP once in the past four years, but I still make sure to keep up with biannual checkups with my dentist. In other words, going to checkups is sort of annoying and costs some money. Getting teeth drilled is much more annoying and costs much more money.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #47473 on: April 16, 2014, 09:56:15 pm »

Or you have trouble affording and or scheduling (employers are increasingly dickish about giving time off, and most dental offices keep bankers hours) your dental work, and you hit thirty with no fillings and several teeth missing after weeks of some of the most intense pain a body can feel.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47474 on: April 17, 2014, 12:43:46 am »

If you drink 12 cans of soda in a day, you are what we call "someone with a drug abuse problem" and should seek help.

That's about the level that put one of my friends in college into the hospital, turns out the caffeine was damaging his heart at those levels.
At one point, I was drinking upwards of 3L of soda a day. There were frequent days when I drank 6L, which balances out to 17 cans of Mt Dew. Which totals up to be *drumroll* 912mg of caffeine. Which can be bad for you, I suppose.

Edited for math.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:45:33 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 3163 3164 [3165] 3166 3167 ... 11040