Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3096 3097 [3098] 3099 3100 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456249 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #46455 on: March 28, 2014, 01:57:51 am »

I've screwed up making popcorn. Get outta here, acting like messing up browines is something.
... screwing up making popcorn is pretty easy. Hell, I've had the same microwave, the same day, at widely spread times, burn popcorn when the exact same timing, brand, etc., didn't burn earlier in the day.

And that's not getting into different brands, which can burn at different times, or different microwaves, or different preferences among the popcorn eaters for how burnt the stuff is and just...

... I've have an easier time cooking, like, full course meals than I've had consistently cooking popcorn. Popcorn is my preparatory nemesis. Which is sorta' good, 'cause I don't really like it so I never really pop any.
Which just goes to show that you should buy packets of popcorn kernels and use the stove. Instant heat removal if they start burning! Add salt and butter to taste.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #46456 on: March 28, 2014, 02:11:31 am »

Why cheese on everything?
*vague shrug* Don't question me as to why cheese tastes good on nearly everything. I've got nothing substantial to do with the fact that cheese is one of the foods of the gods. CWHW stands self-evident. It's frankly telling I only had to swap one letter to get that jest to fit. Even Abraham knew that cheese is like unto YWHW, and he didn't even use an alphabet that it fits well in. I'm guessing, anyway, since I don't exactly know hebrew or whatev'.

Seriously though, cheese popcorn is solid, plain popcorn with cheese melted over it is quite decent, plain popcorn with cheese powders of varying sorts applied is also pretty alright.

There's a short list of foods that don't go well with cheese, and an many-times-exponentially-larger list of foods that do. Cheese is great.

And to be fair, it's not cheese on everything. Just almost everything. Everything cheese improves, which is nearly everything edible and some things that aren't.

E: What I'm saying, is that when the Grecians spoke of the Ambrosia of Olympus, they were talking about a fine cup of melted Gouda. Deal with it :P
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 02:19:00 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46457 on: March 28, 2014, 02:20:29 am »

Why cheese on everything?
*vague shrug* Don't question me as to why cheese tastes good on nearly everything. I've got nothing substantial to do with the fact that cheese is one of the foods of the gods. CWHW stands self-evident. It's frankly telling I only had to swap one letter to get that jest to fit. Even Abraham knew that cheese is like unto YWHW, and he didn't even use an alphabet that it fits well in. I'm guessing, anyway, since I don't exactly know hebrew or whatev'.

Seriously though, cheese popcorn is solid, plain popcorn with cheese melted over it is quite decent, plain popcorn with cheese powders of varying sorts applied is also pretty alright.

There's a short list of foods that don't go well with cheese, and an many-times-exponentially-larger list of foods that do. Cheese is great.

And to be fair, it's not cheese on everything. Just almost everything. Everything cheese improves, which is nearly everything edible and some things that aren't.

E: What I'm saying, is that when the Grecians spoke of the Ambrosia of Olympus, they were talking about a fine cup of melted Gouda. Deal with it :P
And if one kind of cheese doesn't work with something? Try a different kind. I'll second the food-of-the-gods sentiment.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #46458 on: March 28, 2014, 03:03:14 am »

But cheddar popcorn tastes like ass.
Terrible tasting ass.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46459 on: March 28, 2014, 03:17:48 am »

Brown sugar is generally unprocessed sugar. White sugar is generally processed sugar.
Processed sugar is generally worse for the body than unprocessed sugar because its artificially made. :v
That's a terrible measure! Clothes are artificial, so are antibiotics! And cynanide is natural!

S'nothing whatsoever wrong with artificial, and a great many things are made BETTER by being man-made. Means they're -refined-. I don't see you munching on willow bark when some perfectly good aspirin is just at the corner store! D:<
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46460 on: March 28, 2014, 03:34:35 am »

*Genesis fist-bump*

I just read that 'Go forth and multiply' is used nowadays in place of 'Fuck off'. I should start doing that too.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46461 on: March 28, 2014, 04:42:15 am »

So guise, help me with a thing.

I was exercising in the yard today - mostly pull-ups. So I'm doing them, and on the tenth one I notice that I'm cheating a bit by not fully lowering myself, so I do the next pull-up with extra vigor to compensate, and there's this sudden burst of pain in the back of my head. It continued to hurt for twenty minutes or so, and then stopped. I usually do twenty or so pull-ups, and nothing like this has ever happened before. It made me both WTF and slightly terrified.

Anybody tell me WTF was that? Before somebody asks, no, I did not hit my head on the bar.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #46462 on: March 28, 2014, 06:30:49 am »

You have ruptured your aorta. You'll probably die from internal bleeding in the next 30 minutes or so.

I have no idea what it could have been, but my motto on this kind of thing is that if the pain stops fairly quickly, it probably wasn't anything worth worrying about.
Unless it was some kind of super-painful crippling pain that leaves you in the foetal position, of course. That would probably warrant a visit to the doctor.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Myrkky100

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46463 on: March 28, 2014, 06:35:09 am »

I'd go to the doctor just in case. A large movement like a pull-up causes a lot of pressure changes in you body, including the cranium, and many people can get a headache from that. However, it may be an indicator of a more serious issue so if possible, at least seeing a doctor might be in order just to be on the safe side.
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
- Tacitus

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46464 on: March 28, 2014, 08:25:32 am »

You have died of dysentery.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #46465 on: March 28, 2014, 09:37:15 am »

*Genesis fist-bump*

I just read that 'Go forth and multiply' is used nowadays in place of 'Fuck off'. I should start doing that too.

AT LAST!

Finally, I can use that word without actually using it.

"Go multiply yourself"
"Multiply you"
"Why you little mother-multiplier"

This is going to be great.

Ok, those sound suckish. At least novelty never wears off immediately.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #46466 on: March 28, 2014, 09:41:27 am »

Lupus.

Now seriously, Myrkky is probably right-ish. A very quick pull-up meant you moved up without your blood catching up in time, so you got a drop in blood pressure. Then, to maintain the pressure, your blood vessels constricted, and that, as scientists like to describe it, 'hurts like a motherfucker' (that's the cause for like 85% of headaches).

That's all in the realm of 'probably' so keep that in mind.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46467 on: March 28, 2014, 09:46:53 am »

Thanks, guys. It has mostly stopped by now, so I'm okay. But considering I have to pass the medical commission to enroll into pilot academy, any pressure-related stuff could fail my ass. Therefore I was pretty freaked out.
Thing is, it was just hella sudden. The "ruptured aorta" hypothesis crossed my mind, as well as "I'm too young to die".
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46469 on: March 28, 2014, 11:38:04 am »

A little late to the cheese discussion but,

Step 1, Fry bacon.
Step 2, Apply fried potatoes (preferably in fry form)
Step 3, apply cheese.
Step 4, Place between hamburger buns
Step 5, Fry
Step 6, Eat
Step 7, Die on the way to the hospital with a smile on your face.
Step 8, ??
Step 9, 'Murika
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3096 3097 [3098] 3099 3100 ... 11040