Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2919 2920 [2921] 2922 2923 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432266 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #43800 on: February 05, 2014, 05:15:09 pm »

We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43801 on: February 05, 2014, 05:56:04 pm »

Nah, they're both in the same city, and no interviews have been set up. It's just weird, you know? I busted my butt and looked everywhere to find a full time job and/or IT job for quite a while, and got nothing. Now, I wear a blue shirt part time. And then, while I'm at work, on the same day, I get two calls: one for a full time job, and the other for an IT project (that I could presumably do on the side of my part time job.) O_o

That's awesome dude! :)
Thanks. Also: A wild interview appears! It's a phone interview, though, which is always weird.
Hey man, a phone interview is still way better than no interview at all. At least you know you're being considered :)
Indeed. I'm excited, but I'm not really going to hold my breath. Still haven't heard back about that IT project, either.
The upside of phone interviews is that literally the only things they can judge you on are your voice and qualifications.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43802 on: February 05, 2014, 06:46:03 pm »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43803 on: February 05, 2014, 07:20:01 pm »

I got a UFO abducting a six-nipple(thing?)d udder, and then the elephant thing going into a beehive that causes bees to send the box-house away.
Black lives matter.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43804 on: February 05, 2014, 07:29:40 pm »

Today was an odd day. A heavy storm blew in last night, and the county sheriff preemptively declared a level-3 snow emergency (Ohio gives snow emergencies in increments of 0-3. 0 is normal conditions, 1 is "roads are slick, be careful", 2 is "restrict driving to absolute minimum and exercise extreme caution" and Level 3 is "If we catch you on the roads, unless you're emergency personnel or in the middle of a medical emergency, it's a $250 fine and possible arrest.") from 11:30 last night until 5:00 AM this morning, when he would reevaluate the situation. At 5:30, he dropped it to a level 2 despite the roads being as bad as ever, and the worst of the storm not yet having hit. Policy for my company is to open, and all personnell to report, if it is level 2 or below (interestingly, despite it being illegal to drive during a level 3, it remains perfectly legal for a company to fire you for not showing up, but fortunately this is a union shop and there's a policy in the contract). Thus, I had to go out this morning through extremely hazardous weather in the full knowledge that it was going to get worse throughout the day. Surprising no one, the level 3 was reinstated around 9, work closed, and I had to beg a ride into my neighborhood (I get a ride to and from work so that my ma has a car available during the day), after which I had to trudge through sidewalks that had 8" (~203mm) of snow on them to get home.

What were they thinking?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:31:42 pm by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43805 on: February 05, 2014, 07:36:52 pm »

Nah, they're both in the same city, and no interviews have been set up. It's just weird, you know? I busted my butt and looked everywhere to find a full time job and/or IT job for quite a while, and got nothing. Now, I wear a blue shirt part time. And then, while I'm at work, on the same day, I get two calls: one for a full time job, and the other for an IT project (that I could presumably do on the side of my part time job.) O_o

That's awesome dude! :)
Thanks. Also: A wild interview appears! It's a phone interview, though, which is always weird.
Hey man, a phone interview is still way better than no interview at all. At least you know you're being considered :)
Indeed. I'm excited, but I'm not really going to hold my breath. Still haven't heard back about that IT project, either.
The upside of phone interviews is that literally the only things they can judge you on are your voice and qualifications.
For me that would suck.  I have a rather heavy lisp.    So all I would have are my qualifications.   

I'm currently doing a "research" paper on Hamlet.   Despite the fact that I could find more then enough evidence in the play itself, I have to find several sources to back up my paper, and two of them have to be from specific databases.   From those databases, one has more information on the Strategic Hamlet Program then the actual play, and the other had only seven papers on Hamlet, each of them on something like how Mark Twain drew inspiration from Ophelia killing herself or something.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #43806 on: February 05, 2014, 08:47:08 pm »

(I removed one of the sub-threads of discussion.  It was encouraging people to go outside of the guidelines for images etc.)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43807 on: February 05, 2014, 10:04:24 pm »

You don't inject pluripotent stem cells into people. Saying that pluripotent cells are less useful than multipotent cells is like saying a fork is less useful than a spoon because you can't eat soup with a fork.
From a bit back, but I just want to interject: You can very much eat soup with a fork. I've eaten soup with a bamboo skewer. And without utensils at all, of course. Bowls are amazing things that you can tilt, and it is wonderful. Something to help shovel direct things into the mouth is helpful, though.

Not sure how that applies to stem cell research, but still. Not being able to eat soup with a fork is just silliness. Don't even need hands to eat soup if you're bendy enough. Or have a straw, I guess...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43808 on: February 05, 2014, 10:05:28 pm »

I found two of the worst, most phenomenally off covers of songs I've ever heard.

Lorde's version of "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" from the soundtrack to the Hunger Games sequel whose name I forget. Seriously, the original is so smooth and happy (sounding, the lyrics are apparently supposed to be dark, but I don't see it) - she turns it into this cacophonous mess. I'm not going scientific on this, but her voice sounds deeper than Orzabal (I think it's him) does in the original.

And, of course, the legendary Duran Duran cover of "911 Is a Joke". Why on Earth would a synthy band take a rap song and cover it as some kind of country song? It's just... indescribably awful.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43809 on: February 05, 2014, 10:17:05 pm »

The urge to buy helmets has suddenly taken over. I have other things to buy and am probably not capable of buying any helmets but MY GOD do i want these helmets. It's so sudden too.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #43810 on: February 05, 2014, 10:33:29 pm »

Just had the weirdest sense of deja vu. Weird phenomenon is weird.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43811 on: February 05, 2014, 11:01:58 pm »

Holy fuck. It is -14F outside right now. That is -25.5C for you silly metric types. Cold enough that I had to go buy more additives for my fuel tanks. Cold enough that I have to leave the engine running or risk the battery draining in remarkably short time. Cold enough that my memory-foam mattress pad, so comfortable in warmer weather, is actually solid right now. And cold. Feels like I'm laying down on a rock.

I'm a Central California boy. I am so not used to this sort of thing x_x
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43812 on: February 05, 2014, 11:04:35 pm »

I'd suggest you make Antarctic-Grade Insulation your next upgrade.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43813 on: February 05, 2014, 11:10:44 pm »

I'd suggest you make Antarctic-Grade Insulation your next upgrade.
...After I read this, it made me think of a game where you would play as Sirus, and have to drive your truck across the US, and you upgrade the truck with different upgrades as you go along.
I wish I knew how to program, I would totally make that.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43814 on: February 05, 2014, 11:13:33 pm »

A possible mod for Euro Truck Simulator?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 2919 2920 [2921] 2922 2923 ... 11039