Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2907 2908 [2909] 2910 2911 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14440923 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #43620 on: February 01, 2014, 01:13:02 pm »

Question: Aren't the early(at least) Touhou games free? Trying to download Perfect Cherry Blossom, a Google search gives me several links to pirate sites, plus showing at least one result removed due to DMCA complaint.
No. Free touhou games are limited to fangames, afaik.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43621 on: February 01, 2014, 01:19:55 pm »

The problem is that the rationalizations blame gender.

A sports team composed of men losing to a team composed of men will be blamed on refs/weather/etc. A sports team composed of men losing to a team composed of women will be blamed on cheating/deck stacking/etc. Rationalizations will always be used but it's a problem when sexism is part of them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #43622 on: February 01, 2014, 01:27:24 pm »

The problem is that the rationalizations blame gender.

A sports team composed of men losing to a team composed of men will be blamed on refs/weather/etc. A sports team composed of men losing to a team composed of women will be blamed on cheating/deck stacking/etc. Rationalizations will always be used but it's a problem when sexism is part of them.

Anything can and will be a part of them. The question is what is the easiest categorism for the idiots latch on.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43623 on: February 01, 2014, 01:29:22 pm »

Not at all sure of that. I've never heard people claiming that Danica Patrick, for example, hasn't earned her placings.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43624 on: February 01, 2014, 01:36:43 pm »

I was actually thinking about her when I was writing the previous stuff. I haven't heard any rationalizations of her accomplishments but I have heard some criticisms of her racing in NASCAR. Something about her past in kart racing being somehow a bad thing? Certainly reeked of unfair singling out when male drivers with similar pasts aren't. I don't pay much attention to sports news but my father-in-law sometimes has it on the TV.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43625 on: February 01, 2014, 01:49:48 pm »

Not at all sure of that. I've never heard people claiming that Danica Patrick, for example, hasn't earned her placings.
My dad's a Nascar junkie, so I actually hear quite a bit of that from some of the people he associates with. "She's just there to bring in sponsor money and sell tickets to women," et al. Lots of comparisons to Anna Kournikova. I facepalm a lot.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43626 on: February 01, 2014, 02:04:52 pm »

Honestly in any competition I've ever participated in or been witness to if a girl wins (against a boy or otherwise) its because she was better, and people realize and acknowledge this 100% of the time.

And sometimes officials really are just fuckheads. They've got just as much influence on the outcome of a game as the players do in many cases, and people often fail to factor this in. Anyone who's ever had a genuinely awful DM should be able to identify with that.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43627 on: February 01, 2014, 02:14:55 pm »

Oh the former. The kind where the players have to teach him how to play as you go. :p

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43628 on: February 01, 2014, 02:18:55 pm »

I suppose that's a better way of putting it. But you got the idea so: Analogyu, Successu! >:3 +10 EXP! Yummy! :d

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #43629 on: February 01, 2014, 03:24:29 pm »

I was actually thinking about her when I was writing the previous stuff. I haven't heard any rationalizations of her accomplishments but I have heard some criticisms of her racing in NASCAR. Something about her past in kart racing being somehow a bad thing? Certainly reeked of unfair singling out when male drivers with similar pasts aren't. I don't pay much attention to sports news but my father-in-law sometimes has it on the TV.
Whenever ANY driver from Indy cars or other professional racing leagues enters NASCAR, they take a huge amount of flack, which isn't really any different from what would be expected if a cricket player joined the MLB or an NFL player joined a rugby team. There are such significant differences between the sports that moving to a more "popular" format, or one where the opposition is percieved as less good (such as an NFL player moving to the defunct NFL Europe or one of the many local American Football (I really wish that there was a better way to distinguish between this sport and the various other footballs that isn't deliberately condecending) leagues in European countries) is GOING to generate a lot of criticism and abuse, no matter what they have in their pants.

Truth be told, virtually all the criticism of Patrick I hear is (not unjustified) complaints about her heavy use of sex appeal in her advertising sponsorships.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43630 on: February 01, 2014, 03:53:21 pm »

*stuff*
I'll concede to you and trust your conclusions due to my lack of actual knowledge of the subject.

Though re: the sex appeal thing. My kneejerk reaction is wanting more male drivers to use sex appeal (more shirtless guys please!). I understand the more... competitive sports type people calling such behavior inappropriate though :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43631 on: February 01, 2014, 04:29:45 pm »

Maybe... maybe not. There is a lot of overlap between that crowd and the group that regularly watches ripped men in underwear oil up and violently molest each other on camera.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #43632 on: February 01, 2014, 04:45:18 pm »

I don't think NASCAR drivers have any sex appeal.. >.>

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #43633 on: February 01, 2014, 04:49:13 pm »

Considering the temperatures it can reach inside those cars, I'm not sure if that would be a good idea.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43634 on: February 01, 2014, 09:22:04 pm »

2 things in my old school supply drawer that hasn't been touched in around 7 years.

First there was a security officer hand book in there. There is absolutely no reason for that to be in there.

Second, some of the shit i wrote on the back of my ruler confuses me. Who is Pieman? Why is he fighting Cakeman? Where do Cerealguy and Ice cream boy fit in all this?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 2907 2908 [2909] 2910 2911 ... 11040