Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2759 2760 [2761] 2762 2763 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471902 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #41400 on: December 15, 2013, 08:09:45 pm »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #41402 on: December 15, 2013, 08:13:12 pm »

A drug dealer would have no reason to randomly attack someone they didn't know. That's just more risk for them, for no appreciable benefit; they don't need the contents of your wallet, and an assault/murder is much more likely to bring them down than selling. If you ripped them off, on the other hand...

See, there you go. Thinking that drug addled psychopaths with guns actually are rational. I've met them. Protip: They're not.
Quote from: Dr. House
On average, drug addicts are stupid. *Pops a bottle of valium*
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41403 on: December 15, 2013, 08:29:49 pm »

Come to a few cities in Michigan, and see how logical and sane the criminals are.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41404 on: December 15, 2013, 08:32:56 pm »

A drug dealer would have no reason to randomly attack someone they didn't know. That's just more risk for them, for no appreciable benefit; they don't need the contents of your wallet, and an assault/murder is much more likely to bring them down than selling. If you ripped them off, on the other hand...

See, there you go. Thinking that drug addled psychopaths with guns actually are rational. I've met them. Protip: They're not.

That's not exactly true. Intelligent people have a higher chance of becoming addicted to drugs than unintelligent people. Partially because intelligent people are more open-minded and willing to try new things, and partially because drugs are awesome.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41405 on: December 15, 2013, 08:42:52 pm »

... no, that's pretty much exactly true. Universally, even, not just on average. What you call addicting yourself to something that's not absolutely necessary for survival (e.g. food, water, medically necessary drugs) is "stupid", especially when there's major downsides (such as it being illegal or have serious side effects/withdrawal symptoms) involved. Not really anything else you can call that.

Smart people can be pretty stupid, pretty often. Intelligence and stupidity are not exclusive conditions.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41406 on: December 15, 2013, 08:48:51 pm »

I didn't say they weren't making bad decisions, which is what you are pointing out. I said that intelligent people are somewhat more likely to become addicted to drugs, primarily because intelligent people are better able to rationalize stupid decisions to themselves. Intelligent people are ALSO more likely to stay awake at night and sleep during the day even though numerous studies have pointed out that nocturnal behavior in human can actually lead to health issues.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41407 on: December 15, 2013, 08:51:47 pm »

Intelligent people are ALSO more likely to stay awake at night and sleep during the day even though numerous studies have pointed out that nocturnal behavior in human can actually lead to health issues.
<_<

>_>

v_v

Fuck my sleeping schedule.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41408 on: December 15, 2013, 08:55:19 pm »

]<_<

>_>

v_v

Zing.
He's fucking with us.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41409 on: December 15, 2013, 08:57:38 pm »

]<_<

>_>

v_v

Zing.
I said at 2 AM :V

Strangely enough, the birds seem to work the same way because they're being so loud right now. In the night. During late autumn.
There must be a portal to Australia somewhere nearby.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41410 on: December 15, 2013, 09:01:44 pm »

That's not exactly true. Intelligent people have a higher chance of becoming addicted to drugs than unintelligent people. Partially because intelligent people are more open-minded and willing to try new things, and partially because drugs are awesome.

Bolded for emphasis. I'm talking about dealers who have the basic sense to not use their own product--that is to say, the ones that treat it like a business. If you're selling and using, you're an addict first and a dealer second. That really shouldn't have needed clarification; if he meant "drug addict", he would/should have said it, because there's a big damned difference. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #41411 on: December 15, 2013, 09:05:29 pm »

Intelligent people are ALSO more likely to stay awake at night and sleep during the day even though numerous studies have pointed out that nocturnal behavior in human can actually lead to health issues.
<_<

>_>

v_v

I'm allergic to sun.
No kidding, if I sunbathe too much, I get these brown spots all over my body, especially in the face and neck, and then everybody asks me if I had a disease (can't remember it's name) that leaves those marks on you after it hits.

I stay up late because its the only time that is actually mine.

Also because I have to take care of someone elderly, and lots of shit can sometimes happen at 3 am (and anytime, really, but I get a break at least usually). 
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41412 on: December 15, 2013, 09:07:34 pm »

No kidding, if I sunbathe too much, I get these brown spots all over my body, especially in the face and neck, and then everybody asks me if I had a disease (can't remember it's name) that leaves those marks on you after it hits.
Brown spots all over your body...

... you mean freckles? Sounds like maybe they were talkin' 'bout measles, or some form of pox.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #41413 on: December 15, 2013, 09:17:01 pm »

Got a wierd and annoying problem with an aftermarket Xbox 360 controller on my PC. It has an inversion switch on the back (for the right stick). If It is on, then UP on the right stick does nothing. If I turn it off, DOWN on the right stick does nothing. Quite annoying.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41414 on: December 15, 2013, 09:58:22 pm »

RNG hates me today.  My day has been wtf after another.   I get home play some games, and it still hatesme.

Im playing civ iv, and 4 of my warriors die to the same frackin bear.  the same bear.  Then, a panther critically an emergency 5th, and my expandion is delayed waiting for a rushed 6th.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 2759 2760 [2761] 2762 2763 ... 11037