Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2756 2757 [2758] 2759 2760 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471942 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #41355 on: December 14, 2013, 04:18:17 pm »

WTF, how do people get into these situations?  And how does his mother expect him to do his job without the necessary router settings?  She has ignored both what I have said about how important it is, and even what the ISP said about the matter.  I understand he doesn't want to go against his mother's wishes but how can she not see the massive problems his niece is causing, and take her clearly deadbeat grandaughter's side over her working son's?
Family and ignorance piled on with I don't even know what goes on in their heads.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41356 on: December 14, 2013, 04:42:37 pm »

On a side note, the easiest way out of this might be to simply get a wireless internet range extender, and set that up. A short term solution, but a solution nonetheless.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41357 on: December 14, 2013, 04:52:49 pm »

On a side note, the easiest way out of this might be to simply get a wireless internet range extender, and set that up. A short term solution, but a solution nonetheless.
Has an excessively long ethernet cord been considered?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41358 on: December 14, 2013, 05:01:31 pm »

Excessively long ethernet cords are the solution to ANY wireless problems. Can't have wireless problems if you don't use it :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41359 on: December 14, 2013, 05:07:51 pm »

Excessively long ethernet cords are the solution to ANY wireless problems. Can't have wireless problems if you don't use it :P
Yes, but how do I explain that to our neighbours?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41360 on: December 14, 2013, 05:11:33 pm »

Yes, but how do I explain that to our neighbours?
Combine Ethernet cable with Christmas lights.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41361 on: December 14, 2013, 05:36:18 pm »

I actually solved his wireless problem in the past with an Ethernet cable.  He paid me $10 to drill a hole near the floor through the wall, run some cat 5 and put Ethernet heads on each end.

Unfortunately doing the same for his niece would be more complicated, and need cord run along the ground or ceiling.  The walls are all concrete, and I don't have the slightest idea how I would run cord through a wall like that, or if it's even possible.  He does not want cord run along the floor or ceiling, so that's basically out.

An extender is under consideration, but currently don't know where it could be put without being in the way or being worthless.  He just has 1 wall between him and the router, that I could just drill a hole straight through, she has the majority of a room, 2 walls at an angle, and a cramped hallway between the router and...whatever she uses the wireless for because she doesn't have a computer.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 05:40:07 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #41362 on: December 14, 2013, 06:42:14 pm »

After perusing the C+= documentation, I am struck with the idea of designing an evil white racist patriatchal language. Obviously, instead of 0 and 1, we will use I and 1, because of obvious phallic superiority.

Any suggestions?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41363 on: December 14, 2013, 07:38:50 pm »

Segregate your classes into sub-classes, and ensure that a select few always take precedent over the rest.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #41364 on: December 14, 2013, 08:02:14 pm »

Segregate your classes into sub-classes, and ensure that a select few always take precedent over the rest.
Of course, any program that uses a superior sub-class is not allowed to use any other classes. "Separate but equal" programs will instead be provided for the inferior classes.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41365 on: December 14, 2013, 08:45:38 pm »

Have it only work on patriarchal large cell phones.

And speaking of technology reinforcing social hierarchies, I found that modern email lets you send a message to multiple recipients, but still has a functionally redundant and unnecessary CC box. All I can think of it existing for is so that you can organize people as more or less important depending on which box you put their address in.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 08:53:09 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #41366 on: December 14, 2013, 09:04:05 pm »

And speaking of technology reinforcing social hierarchies, I found that modern email lets you send a message to multiple recipients, but still has a functionally redundant and unnecessary CC box. All I can think of it existing for is so that you can organize people as more or less important depending on which box you put their address in.
What's the other box?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41367 on: December 14, 2013, 09:20:08 pm »

What's the other box?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #41368 on: December 14, 2013, 09:26:06 pm »

Bcc actually does serve a purpose, by theoretically hiding the other recipients from one another, though not all services actually SUPPORT that so it's kind of a crapshoot. Cc, though, yeah, I dunno. Unless that's not included with the uselessness, but was filled in for the purposes of efficiently displaying the humor.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #41369 on: December 14, 2013, 11:11:46 pm »

Have it only work on patriarchal large cell phones.

Naturally, I shall require coders using C8--> to the F frequently. C8--> mobile applications will require a large screen, and will require frequent swipes and one-handd usage. 

Also, I was reading the C+= documentation, when I found a thing that said that it was a language for feminists, not women. I found that funny, because many other times in the documentation, it espoused the natural inferiority of men. I can understand male feminists if the type of feminism means equality for women, but that is not this kind of feminism. Also, I can, at least empirically, disprove their statement of female superiority in languages. My dad speaks fluent French, and I speak fluent Spanish, but my mother and sisters do not speak fluent anythng.
Pages: 1 ... 2756 2757 [2758] 2759 2760 ... 11037