Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2718 2719 [2720] 2721 2722 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442565 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #40785 on: December 02, 2013, 05:33:49 am »

Gods, what. What. Reading manwha-thing. SUDDENLY NIGHTWISH SHOUTOUT! (Warning: Cleavage of note, though nothing else.) The field, it is too the left. Things have emerged from it.

Sadly, the rest of the team doesn't seem to continue the naming pattern. Still. What the blazes, Korea(?)?

I like the misspell. Clearly, in this case manwha stands for 'MAN, WHAT THE FUCK?!'.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #40786 on: December 02, 2013, 09:33:56 am »

Teehee, Finns are Mongols:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40787 on: December 02, 2013, 09:47:00 am »

This isn't exactly news, y'know. Take a look at their language. It only computes when compared to something from Asia.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40788 on: December 02, 2013, 09:51:46 am »

Something's gone terribly wrong with that projection of Scandinavia. And most of the map, to be honest.

I am insulted. As if our language computes with Asia! We're isolated and proud, damnit.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40789 on: December 02, 2013, 09:53:05 am »

Something's gone terribly wrong with that projection of Scandinavia. And most of the map, to be honest.

I am insulted. As if our language computes with Asia! We're isolated and proud, damnit.

EDIT: Woo, a double post. It's been so long!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40790 on: December 02, 2013, 10:08:11 am »

EDIT: Woo, a double post. It's been so long!

But what about your oppressed Udmurt and other Uralic brethren in the Urheimat?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #40791 on: December 02, 2013, 10:14:17 am »

Anything called "urdmurt" can safely have its existence ignored and/or denied. Seriously, who wants to claim association with something that sounds like a freakish amalgamation of digestive functions?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40792 on: December 02, 2013, 10:27:10 am »

They're also isolated and proud. We're all very isolated and proud together.

If you look at Europe, you'll notice Mongoloid Magyars and... Turks in Thrace, but not in Anatolia. I have no idea what's going on there. I gotta love that Greece, in any case. And for some bizarre reason, Madagascar is Aryan.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40793 on: December 02, 2013, 10:29:05 am »

Just how old IS that map? I thought the three-race paradigm had fallen out of scientific favor a long time ago.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40794 on: December 02, 2013, 10:30:44 am »

They're also isolated and proud. We're all very isolated and proud together.

If you look at Europe, you'll notice Mongoloid Magyars and... Turks in Thrace, but not in Anatolia. I have no idea what's going on there. I gotta love that Greece, in any case. And for some bizarre reason, Madagascar is Aryan.
Gotta love it when racism isn't even consistent.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #40795 on: December 02, 2013, 10:33:05 am »

Guise, it's not racism if it says "negro".

Also, are that Mongols in Sardinia?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40796 on: December 02, 2013, 10:36:24 am »

That map is using a very old but originally valid scientific theory. There is absolutely nothing "racist" about it, unless you want to claim that you can't break humanity down to broad racial categories at all. I'm simply pretty sure that the old aryan/negroid/mongolid theory was replaced a very long time ago.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40797 on: December 02, 2013, 10:37:32 am »

Also, are that Mongols in Sardinia?

At this point it's beginning to look more like a CK2 game than anything.

That map is using a very old but originally valid scientific theory. There is absolutely nothing "racist" about it, unless you want to claim that you can't break humanity down to broad racial categories at all. I'm simply pretty sure that the old aryan/negroid/mongolid theory was replaced a very long time ago.

As far as I understand it, the theory stressed the inferiority of the Mongoloid/Negroid races et cetera - I'm pretty sure that's to be considered racist as fuck.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #40798 on: December 02, 2013, 10:42:45 am »

No. That was a popular extension of the theory to justify colonialism and slavery. The three-race theory was simply a matter of categorization.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40799 on: December 02, 2013, 11:20:04 am »

I don't get this popular trend by advertisers to say "Real [product], real people". It's like it's implying that at other competiting brands, the shopkeepers there are actually androids.
Pages: 1 ... 2718 2719 [2720] 2721 2722 ... 11040